test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maxed Hunter ranger with the new weapons op and broken af !

finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
A maxed combat HR has still a good cc, very deadly piercing, and high deflect which makes him the most op class at the moment and with the new weapons they are a monster.
I am against nerfs but this is way too OP/broken if you ask me.
This class should be balanced like any other class.
Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

Comments

• Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    You are voicing a fact that has been known for some time now. Ive spoken about it myself but naturally there has been no acknowledgement from the developers. I guess we are just going to have to deal with it.
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    I don't remember Thomas Foss' quote exactly from a live stream about SKT, but it was something like: "We're going to take a look at HR, I don't think we did it right.".
    However, he also said in the same stream that early 2017 (january/february iirc), they would bring us a GWF and DC rework. I think this was a "no sooner than" type of time estimate.
    Point being, they acknowledged that there might be issues with HR, and they will consider a change.
    What that change will be, if any, remains to be seen.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options

I don't remember Thomas Foss' quote exactly from a live stream about SKT, but it was something like: "We're going to take a look at HR, I don't think we did it right.".

However, he also said in the same stream that early 2017 (january/february iirc), they would bring us a GWF and DC rework. I think this was a "no sooner than" type of time estimate.

Point being, they acknowledged that there might be issues with HR, and they will consider a change.

What that change will be, if any, remains to be seen.

I didnt know that, thanks for bringing me up to speed.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I'm assuming you mean a Trapper HR correct?
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    silence1x said:

I'm assuming you mean a Trapper HR correct?

No, combat hr's can still do decent cc/root, etc

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    Please tell this to Saber Viking his GWF has no problem killing 4.3 il HRs. They nerfed Our best encounter so bad it has destroyed Combats ability to even keep up with GWF in PVE due to all the complaining of PVP
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

A maxed combat HR has still a good cc, very deadly piercing, and high deflect which makes him the most op class at the moment and with the new weapons they are a monster.

So... a maxxed toon (I'm assuming you mean BiS & full boons) with the newest gearset.... is very very powerful. Huh.

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    They don't think they did it right.... No, they were doing great....... till they ran out of time..... and gave combat's piercing blades actual piercing damage. Next they'll nerf that and nerf the tree to oblivion. Like they did to sentinel. Combat feels good in pve now and I don't want that %#$&ed up.
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    @ghoulz66 I have the same concern, a pvp problem turns into a pve nerf. IMO I think the plant growth "bug" was caused by the pvp community uproar.

I'm not saying piercing damage isn't a problem in pvp, but let's not make the trapper the only viable path again.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Doesn't piercing blades work pre mitigation in pvp and post mitigation in pve?
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    The reality is that most HR powers are just simply too clunky and awkward for pvp use against human beings while others are too insignificant in damage. Hence why trappers just CC people to death because there is no other viable option.

Many are too damn slow. A dude with a bow has absolutely no tactical advantage. Practically someone with a sniper rifle who keeps getting gunned down by someone dual wielding sawed off shotguns.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    They might want to set up a separate test server where they rework ALL the classes simultaneously and implement the changes and test them, tweak, rework, etc.

Changing one class will upset the balance, then other classes will be changed, upsetting the balance and the cycle will continue unless ALL are balanced together...
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    right now I would say Its as balanced as its going to get in PVP BIS vs BIS but its the gap between the ILs of the players that are the issue Vs BIS 1 vs 1 I see lots of Balance but just a change in PVE boons VS pvp boons the advantage shifts so drastically. Its even worse when its vs a reg 4k il or lower. The Brackets and rewards for PVP need to be changed with contest for PVPers with real rewards will draw back a lot of the players who have left. Only after we get a bigger player base can we achieve any kind of bracket balance. PVP has became so toxic that its just a few of us playing any more so trying to have party and IL balance will just make us take forever to QUe
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Speaking as a fairly maxed combat pvp HR with the mod10.5 relic weapons, I would just like to point out I quite frequently get my rear-end handed to me in dom by maxed out GFs and the odd CW, or if I get focussed by a couple of good toons. With plantgrowth pseudo-nerfed as it is atm. we are not actually the horrible monsters you like to think we are. Unless your gear is a bit rubbish, at which point yes, you will die.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

So... a maxxed toon (I'm assuming you mean BiS & full boons) with the newest gearset.... is very very powerful. Huh.

I guess you haven't met a maxed combat hr with the new hex weapons that can melt any class in sec without help and buffs and be super tanky + have decent healing and can root you + go stealth. enough time to fully heal himself.

If you don't know what we are talking about then try not to be a smartass*, you're just embarrassing yourself.
    So, you are tooling around on the preview server. Where you can basically get any item you want, for testing purposes. And you have the ability to respect @ will, to see if the new gears work with your build or if you need to make changes. As, apparently, some HR's are. And... rather than doing any of that, you come here to complain because you met another player that put in the work, and rekt you. But I am the one that should be embarrassed. Heh. You really are adorable, y'think?

And again, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Im on xbox btw, we don't have a test server or whatever. Maxed hr with piercing blades is OP. It ignores defense, deflect and tenacity. It doesn't matter if you have 100% deflect/DR/99999999 tenacity... You will get melted in sec if the piercing blade gets buffed by dc/gf/op. I know you have hunter, that's why you try to ignore the fact that HR's are broken af. Piercing should be removed from pvp, thats all.
    If you don't have access to the preview server, then where did you come across an HR with the weapons form the mod that drops... next week?!?! And you have the Hamster Wheels to say that I don't know what I'm talking about! Rilly? If your build is no good against an HR, i suggest you talk to IcyDrake. or Becky Lunatic. or defiantone99. or xayajinx1, and ask them for advice on improving your build. There are players that DO spend time experimenting in Preview to find out what works. If come at them in a manner which is even halfway polite, they are usually happy to help. I know that might be hard for you... but hey, you're the one that can't beat an HR. Your problem... your responsibility to fix it.

By the way, I play a GWF & a SW. But now that I have finally unlocked my third character slot... I know what i'm rolling up next. It'll be nice to PvP on easy mode for a change :wink:

• Options

I guess you haven't met a maxed combat hr with the new hex weapons that can melt any class in sec without help and buffs and be super tanky + have decent healing and can root you + go stealth. enough time to fully heal himself.

If you don't know what we are talking about then try not to be a smartass*, you're just embarrassing yourself.
    So, you are tooling around on the preview server. Where you can basically get any item you want, for testing purposes. And you have the ability to respect @ will, to see if the new gears work with your build or if you need to make changes. As, apparently, some HR's are. And... rather than doing any of that, you come here to complain because you met another player that put in the work, and rekt you. But I am the one that should be embarrassed. Heh. You really are adorable, y'think?

And again, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Im on xbox btw, we don't have a test server or whatever. Maxed hr with piercing blades is OP. It ignores defense, deflect and tenacity. It doesn't matter if you have 100% deflect/DR/99999999 tenacity... You will get melted in sec if the piercing blade gets buffed by dc/gf/op. I know you have hunter, that's why you try to ignore the fact that HR's are broken af. Piercing should be removed from pvp, thats all.
    Wow. The herp de derp is strong with this one. If you don't have access to the preview server, then where, pray tell, did you run into an HR with the weapons that drop... next week? And you think I don't know what I'm talking about. Rilly?!? If your build can't kill an HR, there are people here that DO spend time on the Preview server, testing what works. If you approach them even halfway politely, they can help you. I know that might be hard for you, but since you're the one that can't kill an HR... you might have to swallow your pride, and talk to one of the people in this thread, or in the class forums threads. Or just keep getting rekt by HR's. Your choice.

By the way, I play a GWF & SW. But now that I finally opened my 3rd character slot... I know what i'm rolling up next. I could use me some PvP on easy mode :wink:

I know reading is hard or perhaps you need strong glasses. I wrote new hex weapons.. you know, hexweaver lmao. A maxed hr with 195k hp, 80% deflection, decent healing from insignias, stealth and piercing cannot be killed unless you perma cc him or use drains.

• Options
    crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    jonkoca said:

Speaking as a fairly maxed combat pvp HR with the mod10.5 relic weapons, I would just like to point out I quite frequently get my rear-end handed to me in dom by maxed out GFs and the odd CW, or if I get focussed by a couple of good toons. With plantgrowth pseudo-nerfed as it is atm. we are not actually the horrible monsters you like to think we are. Unless your gear is a bit rubbish, at which point yes, you will die.

Yeah.... I value GFs more in PVP, both in solo queues and premades. GF, TR, CW with a push skill and a DC are still more valuable than an HR. People just get allergic when they hear 'piercing damage'.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Now I feel vindicated, and yet still somehow sad lol.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    jonkoca said:

Respectfully, being killed by bis GFs in pvp doesn't make anyone any less powerful simply because the GF class is overperforming itself.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

If GF is overperforming, then, please mention GWF/HR/TR/DC as overperforming classes as well ;)

+! Exactly @ high IL I have far more trouble dealing with a CW than a GF. Though the GF can kill me especially using target lock, the CW cant but he sets me up for the TR CB SE combo. these 3 classes are strong in PVP, as well as HR. A trapper, combat running together are a devastating combo. I pug not premade so don't really see DCs doing a lot but as a premade that plays together a lot they would defiantly be.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

If GF is overperforming, then, please mention GWF/HR/TR/DC as overperforming classes as well ;)

Apparently you disagree with my statement. Is it normal for a tank class to take 1/3 or even 1/2 the hp of another class with a single encounter in PVP when both characters are in PVP gear? I don't think that's normal. Maybe we should rename the GF to assassin fighter. But keep in mind even a burst dmg specced GF can still pretty much negate everything coming his way via backwards blocking. So here we have the marks of over-performance: high survivability, good ability to cc, high damage. That's why I called the class "over-performing". It checks all marks, just like the combat HR also checks all 3 marks. Lets add incredible movement speed there as well since (in pvp) speed is important. What are the drawbacks? A Paladin for example can become extremely hard to kill but he wont be able to kill equally geared players. That is normal. GF having it all is not imho.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

I dont think thats normal.

I think that "normal" has an entirely arbitrary definition in NWO PvP based on FotM builds.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

If you change GF damage too much you render them to uselessness, the only purpose these have in Dom is clearing other players, I wouldn't say so about TR anymore though as they in my opinion are far more useful if they know how to control right as Shock isn't exactly clearing BiS players while GF chainstun combo is still pretty darn impressive, if the double mark goes away the damage will be far more in right place.

However I think I would had different perspective on the topic if class I played would put piercing creeping death dots.. yeh pretty much it.

Test it you will still die fast even only with the tab mark. Threatening rush is mark a gf or gwf lose it if they get attack.