test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(PC PVE) Basic Ability Information:

2»

Comments

• michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Thorn Strike's damage diminishes by an additive* 5% for each additional enemy. Its damage increases up to 30% (not 10%) as enemy's health diminishes.

*should I say subtractive?

Also...
    The third hit of Rapid Shot is missing.
    Ambush has a different coefficient if applied by certain skills (that you must find).
    I'm getting different values for Clear the Ground and Cold Steel Hurricane, but maybe it's me.
    Post edited by michela123 on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Thorn Strike's damage diminishes by an additive* 5% for each additional enemy. Its damage increases up to 30% (not 10%) as enemy's health diminishes.

*should I say subtractive?

Also...
    The third hit of Rapid Shot is missing.
    Ambush has a different coefficient if applied by certain skills (that you must find).
    I'm getting different values for Clear the Ground and Cold Steel Hurricane, but maybe it's me.

Added the third hit of Rapid Shot.

I checked Clear the Ground and updated the values to the values I acquired after checking. Here was what I found:
    1. Clear the Ground (1st Hit): 0.635
    2. Clear the Ground (2nd Hit): 0.733
    3. Clear the Ground (3rd Hit): 0.83
    I checked minimum and maximum distance at rank 1 and 4, I did not check ranks 2 and 3. Toon has 19 dexterity. (I did use the decimal expansions for this and yeah the screenshots are kinda useless since they exclude that but for reference.)

CTG Max Range R4:

CTG Min Range R4:

CTG Max Range R1:

CTG Min Range R1:

I also checked Cold Steel Hurricane and found a bug that I missed the first time, which drastically alters the value. Cold Steel Hurricane does not include Level Based Weapon damage of your character, which is why the tooltip value does not match the actual value dealt. It doesn't show up in ACT (although you can read it manually in the combat log) but if you cast CSH at a distance from a target then remove your bow before it hits, it will hit the dummy for 0 damage. Upon taking this into account, the Ability Coefficient should be 4.

I will take a look at Ambush when I have time to make a table listing a bunch of different values for it.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Do the values that you were getting mean that it can affect some powers better than others?
    Post edited by eliybeats on
    @eliybeats If you refer to Ambush, it's basically halved with some skills (Split Shot/Strike, RoA, Hawk Shot, PG) and more than halved with CoA. My test is not very recent though and something may have changed.
    @thefabricant Check Flame Strike and normal Divine Glow (should be 1,95 not 1,5).
    edited September 2017

@eliybeats If you refer to Ambush, it's basically halved with some skills (Split Shot/Strike, RoA, Hawk Shot, PG) and more than halved with CoA. My test is not very recent though and something may have changed.
    @thefabricant Check Flame Strike and normal Divine Glow (should be 1,95 not 1,5).

Checked both, corrected. Ambush will be delayed till later (again). Also redid the CW section entirely, adding full decimal expansions for everything. Corrected some level based weapon damage for full decimal expansions. In future I will be redoing DC, HR (ranged stance) and SW. Also made a ton of minor improvements that nobody will notice or care about to make it easier to read for a certain individual.
    Redid the DC, SW and Ranged HR sections to make them more accurate. Also added a column for Ambush multipliers, it seemed the easiest way to do it.
    Minor update. Obtained more accurate values for Level Based Weapon damage, across all levels. Added information about the Ability Type Multiplier which was only just discovered. Added the splash damage for Brood of Hadar. Removed the Soul Link damage, it was based off HP and not weapon damage.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I guess your values weren't off by a Long Shot, eh?

Also, you should probably change everything back, because confusion.

edited November 2017
    rjc9000 said:

I guess your values weren't off by a Long Shot, eh?

Also, you should probably change everything back, because confusion.

@rjc9000 the original sheet will remain that way however this sheet will exist as a summary of the original. I have updated the OP to include it.
    I can most assure you that the GF's ITF ability does not cause one to run into the following Fire Emblem character:

Unless that was your intention, you should check the spelling of ITF.

Come on Mr. OCD, I thought you'd catch that mistake by now...

rjc9000 said:

I can most assure you that the GF's ITF ability does not cause one to run into the following Fire Emblem character:

Unless that was your intention, you should check the spelling of ITF.

Come on Mr. OCD, I thought you'd catch that mistake by now...

@rjc9000 what mistake, I don't see any mistake.
    Either Sharp got lazy, or the devs introduced a bug with Smoke Bomb's ability coefficient on the NW.95.20180212A.3 preview patch (aka: last preview Patch before Mod13 hit live).

The TR in question used, without any feats placed:

The actual damage

The initial hit deals 770.167 damage, and the other ticks deal 708.75 damage.

Since I had 15 STR, was using a 1000 damage weapon, and had a level 70 TR, we can just use arithmatic to find the Smoke Bomb ability coefficient.

Initial Hit
    770.167=(86.65489+1000)*(1.05)*(x)
    770.167=1140.987635x
    0.67500=x

Seems in order. The secondary ticks... not so much.

7085.75=(86.65489+1000)*(1.05)*(x)
    708.75=1140.987635x
    0.6211723758=x

The secondary ticks have a really odd ability coefficient. Perhaps you can chalk it up to rounding errors, but I seriously have no clue why the secondary ticks of Smoke Bomb deal approximately 8% less damage than the initial tick.

edited February 2018
    rjc9000 said:

Either Sharp got lazy, or the devs introduced a bug with Smoke Bomb's ability coefficient on the NW.95.20180212A.3 preview patch (aka: last preview Patch before Mod13 hit live).

The TR in question used, without any feats placed:

The actual damage

The initial hit deals 770.167 damage, and the other ticks deal 708.75 damage.

Since I had 15 STR, was using a 1000 damage weapon, and had a level 70 TR, we can just use arithmatic to find the Smoke Bomb ability coefficient.

Initial Hit
    770.167=(86.65489+1000)*(1.05)*(x)
    770.167=1140.987635x
    0.67500=x

Seems in order. The secondary ticks... not so much.

7085.75=(86.65489+1000)*(1.05)*(x)
    708.75=1140.987635x
    0.6211723758=x

The secondary ticks have a really odd ability coefficient. Perhaps you can chalk it up to rounding errors, but I seriously have no clue why the secondary ticks of Smoke Bomb deal approximately 8% less damage than the initial tick.

@rjc9000 it is a bug, thanks for picking it up. It is also a new bug introduced in the most recent patch. The bug however, is not with the coefficient. it is with what weapon damage smoke bomb uses. My coefficient is still correct :P

All the ticks after the initial tick of Smoke Bomb do not deal level based weapon damage:

Take off your weapon after casting it and this happens.

Also, you should probably check your maths in that bolded section...It seems a bit off :P
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    They need to get rid of that level based damage thing.
    How something that supposed to be basic and consistent like that damn damage formulae has more exceptions to it, than things that actually working like they should....
    Power ranks? Exceptions.
    Procs consistency ? What's that?
    CA? Lets go into that.
    Double mitigated powers.. Damage buffs that work as separate proc, that don't proc..
    Damage calculation that looks like astrology instead astronomy.
    edited July 2018
    These powers currently don't match with your sheet (I test at 4/4 rank): Killing Flame (max hit), Accursed Souls (second hit), Dreadtheft, Curse Bite, Soul Scorch (dot), Immolation Spirits. Also I see 17 ticks on PoP and 7 on Hellish Rebuke.
    Post edited by michela123 on
    edited October 2018
    Going into module 15 I will be discontinuing every spreadsheet that I currently have and nothing will be receiving an update. Ultimately, I am hardly playing the game anymore and the time it would take to update all of my tables is in excess of a month work. I would essentially be spending more time updating content then actually playing the game, especially considering I play very little right now.

Sadly, it seems the developers are of the opinion that this type of information should not be readily available to players and as of such will not provide these tables themselves. This places the burden of testing these things onto the players. In response to this post I will say (here) that the players who do want to min/max, do want this kind of information and so long as there is a game, there will (hopefully) be players that keep tables like this up to date. It will just no longer be me.

The people who do want this kind of information, would actually have more fun if they did not have to test it all themselves, because it was not provided clearly to them in the first place. Furthermore, on the subject of "bugs would be more easily found," so what? These are not going to be economy breaking bugs, at worst they will be, "1 shot boss x" types of bugs and realistically, those types of bugs have very little impact on the game. Having more people scrutinizing the same piece of work and finding bugs is actually good for the game, not bad for it, because it means that they will be fixed faster and the quality of the product would improve overall. The goal should be to fix things, not obfuscate them. I can name a few games that publish how their underlying systems work, but I will just give the obvious example being path of exile, since it is a game I like to use as an example so often and look at the quality of tools produced by the community as a result.

Anyhow, I could harp on about this all day, but I won't. Instead I will just say if there is anyone out there in the community who wishes to continue any of my sheets, I am more then willing to provide assistance in explaining how to go about updating them, as well as providing a copy that they could use as the "updated version."
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    > @thefabricant said:
    > Going into module 15 I will be discontinuing every spreadsheet that I currently have and nothing will be receiving an update. Ultimately, I am hardly playing the game anymore and the time it would take to update all of my tables is in excess of a month work. I would essentially be spending more time updating content then actually playing the game, especially considering I play very little right now.
    >
    > Sadly, it seems the developers are of the opinion that this type of information should not be readily available to players and as of such will not provide these tables themselves. This places the burden of testing these things onto the players. In response to this post I will say (here) that the players who do want to min/max, do want this kind of information and so long as there is a game, there will (hopefully) be players that keep tables like this up to date. It will just no longer be me.
    >
    > The people who do want this kind of information, would actually have more fun if they did not have to test it all themselves, because it was not provided clearly to them in the first place. Furthermore, on the subject of "bugs would be more easily found," so what? These are not going to be economy breaking bugs, at worst they will be, "1 shot boss x" types of bugs and realistically, those types of bugs have very little impact on the game. Having more people scrutinizing the same piece of work and finding bugs is actually good for the game, not bad for it, because it means that they will be fixed faster and the quality of the product would improve overall. The goal should be to fix things, not obfuscate them. I can name a few games that publish how their underlying systems work, but I will just give the obvious example being path of exile, since it is a game I like to use as an example so often and look at the quality of tools produced by the community as a result.
    >
    > Anyhow, I could harp on about this all day, but I won't. Instead I will just say if there is anyone out there in the community who wishes to continue any of my sheets, I am more then willing to provide assistance in explaining how to go about updating them, as well as providing a copy that they could use as the "updated version."

Thanks for what you did do