test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of current bugs on Hunter Ranger

hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
edited May 2017 in The Wilds
Instead of making a several other threads let's make a one thread with bugs and later push this to the bug reports. Report in the thread about bugs, so i'll update the list.

List got updated last time:
20.02.2017 15:16 UTC

Color legend:
  • Update color: Something got updated.
  • Require testing: This thing require a testing.
  • New bug found: New bug got added.
  • Bug got a fix: It's got finally a fix.

Atwills:
  1. Careful Attack:
    • Damage buff from the Orcus set does not work with this power.
    • I wasn't able to benefit damage buff from Seeker's Vengeance for this power. Tested on dummies and on Golem from WoD.
  2. Rapid Strike:
Encounters:
  1. Rain of Arrows:
    • Aura of Courage will proc off only from the first tick. It's should proc off from the all.
    • Orcus set apply damage buff only for the first tick of this power.
    • DoT based weapon enchantments not working at all with this power.
    • Damage buff from Aspect of Falcon not working with Rain of Arrows.
  2. Fox's Shift:
    • Power not proccing at all DoT based weapon enchantments.
    • Not working with Orcus set.
    • If somebody from the allies or you had Wild Hunt activated then bonus will disappear by using this power.
  3. Plant Growth:
    • Power still missing sometimes one tick.
    • Before power will run we need wait 2s, delayed activation occuring a situations where power won't give us all benefits since other allies might melt mobs which we actually hit by Plant Growth.
  4. Cordon Arrows:
    • If power got in use from higher distance then power won't be able to crit.
    • On live server this power can't proc damage from the Lostmauth set and making a Longshot to deal 0 damage. I'll check soon is this behaviour occur on preview server. Bugged on preview too.
    • Damage buff from Aspect of Falcon not working with Cordon Arrows.
  5. Gushind Wound:
    • Power not working with Orcus set.
  6. Ambush:
    • Debuff won't apply on target if we use these encounters:
      - Gushind Wound
      - Careful Attack
Dailies:
  1. Forest Ghost:
  2. Disruptive Shot:
  3. Forest Meditation:
    • >We can get out from using this power by clicking a daily tray button with considering with that power. If we use shift then animation of meditation disappear however freeze effect and FX effects still have their existence.
Feats:
  1. Thorned Roots:
    • Not working with Orcus set.
    • Damage buffs from companions with are listed below won't apply with that feat:
      - Earth Archon
      - Water Archon
      - Air Archon
    • This feat does not work with fire aspect from Wheel of Elements, it also doesn't proc Aura of Courage. At all this damage doesn't proc anything, known bug since module 4 but whatever.
  2. Blade Hurricane:
    • There're exist a powers with are enough long-animated to not allow capstone run two seconds. It's occur in the fact that Flurry activating pre-execution from tray(i mean power not going on cooldown). In the 3/4 of executed animation you can sometimes see that Flurry already activated. It's negative part of this capstone, more postive fact is that you can use a power with fast animation and shift in good timing to get a proc from the combat's capstone without activating a power. There's exist a easy solution for this at all - make a combat's capstone to work like class feature from Pathfinder named Pathfinder Action. This class feature activating after execution from the tray so there shouldn't be any problems in losing a uptime on capstone.
Class features:
  1. Seeker's Vengeance
    • Damage buff will apply only on ranged powers, meele powers or for example Thorned Roots are not affected by this class feature.
  2. Aspect of Pack
    • Offhand of this class feature won't work if we had this class feature on rank IV.
Class mechanisms:
  1. Grasping Roots:
    • Damage buffs from companions with are listed below won't apply with that passive damage:
      - Earth Archon
      - Water Archon
      - Air Archon
    • Might not working with Orcus set

Non-specified:
  1. Feytouched:
    • I tried to find a single target rotation, for testing i used Commanding Shot, Boar Charge, Hawk Shot and uptime Feytouched was popped up mostly all the time. I'll show why feytouched not working properly on HR by 2 screenshots:

Single target rotation:

Rotation started by Rain of Arrows:

There's only one diffrence because we losing indicator icon of Feytouched on character's tray, where if we start by single target power, power will apply that indicator. It can means that this indicator giving us to understand that timer with granted us a siphoned damage buff from target is counting and down and will be needed to reapply soon. AoE powers seems trashing up this timer somehow and making one big bug with uptime on Feytouched. Seems that bothly 18% damage buff(icon similar to the Vorpal) and siphone damage buff(icon of feytouched) need go down from the indicator bothly to get a decent uptime on feytouched.

I don't know how to make this conclusion more simple but i'll try on the next few days.
  2. DoT weapon enchantments
    • All DoT weapon enchantments exclude Dread DoT not allowing Lostmauth set to proc. Probably similar interaction have a DC with chains and feytouched with not allowing to proc a Owlbear active bonus damage, so probably it won't be fixed that fast.

If something is badly wrote there, please let me know in thread. I sometimes forgetting to put actual formatted text to the Sublime Text.
Post edited by hawkend on

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    This is a really good idea - moderators - can we stickie this please..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Yup that's is certainly all true. That Plant Growth is a major problem. Plant Growth is ticking 3 times not 4, and has nearly a 3 sec delay before the frist damage tick goes off. Many HRs have discussed this on the forums below is a link to the video for visual proof.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhauZ45geKvtgy3KtUA-J35B2bS2
    Post edited by alliera7311 on
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • chemodan007chemodan007 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Cordon of Arrows are not activated Lostmauth Vengeance. Activates Longshot (archery spec feat), but does 0 damage.
    video:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1225465/cordon-of-arrows-cant-crit-at-long-distance-crit-coa-not-activate-some-beats
    This raises the suspicion that the CoA can not produce weapons strikes from WE. But I did not check.

Seismic Shot not doing damage sometimes. I do not fully understand when it happens, but it looks like it is when a hunter shift immediately after casting SS. Or when a hunter abruptly turns away the camera from direction of hit.
    Post edited by chemodan007 on
    Drider
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    This things with that something not activating properly are so pretty odd since in the past i tried describe this somehow but explaiments were likely not understandable. Seismic Shot, Longstrider Shot won't activate cuz mob went to the room and arrow hadn't hit him or weird interaction with angle, Fox's Cunning when you shifted in right timing this power not went on cooldown, Disruptive Shot multidazing with object collision or dance floor with golems when i used Gushind Wound with bunny hopping.

I need check a few things more so the list might be updated in next days however my free time is going to be limited soon with occur that i won't be able to frequently update this bug list.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Still unaccounted bugs turning some HRs into dps gods. I saw some 2.7k HR vaporize HAMSTER and out-dps a typical 3.8k gwf.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Still unaccounted bugs turning some HRs into dps gods. I saw some 2.7k HR vaporize HAMSTER and out-dps a typical 3.8k gwf.

Yeah, nice. We're gonna need a little more than 'an HR beat a GWF'. What are we supposed to do with this?
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • lillijendrilillijendri Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    hawkend said:

Aspect of Pack
    • Offhand of this class feature won't work if we had this class feature on rank IV.
    This still isn't fixed? Thought i read it somewhere...was never sure though :/ ...

@lillijendri

Firstly offhand from the Aspect of the Pack had work on rank IV however after the patch where Cryptic fixed rank IV with range work they broke offhand bonus for class feature.
  • masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Alright, first of all, thanks hawkend for opening such a thread. I believe we should all stick to this thread because we are already a small community, and if we get together in one thread, we might make our sound go to devs.

All of these are nice observations and needs to be addressed, but in all of these bugs, I believe the Planth Growth is the most important one to shout out loud. It is our level 70 power, our present for being level 70, and it worked pretty well before all these changes. First it has turned into a 5 target capped power and then these delaying issues. They said they fixed it after a month but frankly, it's not any better because of the delay. Yes, it is still effective with arbitrarely low-dps parties BUT we don't have to deal with these kinds of things while there is no other encounter power in the game that deals DELAYED damage.

Other thing is, HR is a DoT based class. In order to compete in DPS we need to work much harder than any other non-DoT based classes (there will be some stupid person who thinks that I'm saying HR dps is low, I'm not saying that), plus when we consider buffs, most of our powers does not benefit from some of the most important buffs like Orcus set. This situation only makes it worse for a DoT based class compared to pure brute force.

I'm hoping devs to hear these and at least start fixing these issues by fixing PG.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Great thread! Thanks for helping us HRs feel relevant :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Good luck fellas! My main & pretty much only character is my Lvl 70 ranger. Not planning on playing this game any longer let alone spending any money until they fix this stuff.

It really is a ridiculously long list of issues, but it is a free to play, I suppose. I've only dabbled in other classes mildly; do any of them have it worse off than us for broken mechanics?
    edited February 2017
    On Preview, I can't, for the life of me, get to proc the Lostmauth set with the new weapon enchants. It just doesn't work. I think this is caused by the chain-crit mechanic the revised enchants have: When your attack crits, so will your weapon enchant. Something in the coding is then preventing the Lostmauth set from proccing.

The set works fine with Dread or Vorpal equipped, but with any of the others, it stops working completely. I know this isn't a major issue - Lostmauth isn't an important part of your damage anymore - but it still annoys me.
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    How about magistrates patience..? The mount bonus - similar mechanic to the lolset, an extra damage proc on crits... Does that apply, or is that also bugged..?
    @jonkoca

If i understood you enough good then i'll resolve your troubling. Magistrate's Patience is like a Fire of the Gods the feat from the righteous tree from DC. You even not likely need execute a power to make this insignia to proc. Easy example is to reverse this is just using the Constricting Arrow and use a shift. The code from this insignia is already working pre-power final execution so basically it should work since lostmauth damage tick running after successfully usage of the power(i mean power going on cooldown).
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Won't be long before there isn't anything that works on this class.
  • duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Did I miss that At-Will rapid strike doesnt play properly over half the time? You get stuck in this never ending loop of half playing the animation but never going through with it. Think Suwamee did a video on it even on his youtube.
    edited February 2017
    @duskwood

I can't recall from the past but devs somebody stated that Rapid Strike working fine on consoles where on PC it's have glitchy animation. I remember that's somewhere it should be still on forum but like i said i don't know in which module it was.
  • duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    That's a pity that they know, it works on console, and its still broken on PC :(
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    I dont know who said rapid strike is working properly on console but as of yesterday I was able to easily replicate what happened in sume's video. I was just trying to kill one of those totems in SoMI using at wills and my hr did it
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Good idea.

A few things you missed :

- Rapid Strike : like stated above doesnt work properly and resets to the first hit before the last (and most damaging) hit most of the time.

- Blade Hurricane : the time window you get to trigger blade hurricane after using an encounter can be a lot shorter than intended depending on the encounter you used.

- Shift : Using shift quickly followed by an encounter plays the encounter's animation without any effect. This isn't specific to HR but should be, I believe, mentioned nontheless.
    edited February 2017
    artifleur said:

Good idea.

A few things you missed :

- Rapid Strike : like stated above doesnt work properly and resets to the first hit before the last (and most damaging) hit most of the time.

- Blade Hurricane : the time window you get to trigger blade hurricane after using an encounter can be a lot shorter than intended depending on the encounter you used.

- Shift : Using shift quickly followed by an encounter plays the encounter's animation without any effect. This isn't specific to HR but should be, I believe, mentioned nontheless.

Rapid Strike will be added, maybe i misleaded with other thing. I don't think so that shifting is a bug cuz it's exist on many others classes and every know about it since the game launched. I'd rather say that's a bug which converted to be a feature but well the fact that sometimes nothing activating is a long-termed testing. I know how to fix Blade Hurricane pretty easily.

Anyway in the near future somebody will need take care of this thread since i'm starting to be pissed off with playing MMOs nowadays.

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Fantastic work guys/gals... i cannot think of anything not mentioned for now. Those testing on the pc and preview thank you for all your hard work :) Makes me wish i had a pc to play and test.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    edited February 2017

Wow, thank you for this thread! I'll make sure it is forwarded to the devs.

TBH this should be in the Bug Reports Section but I'll leave it here at least until I can discuss it with the other Mods along with any possibility of stickying it. Even though I think this does deserve a sticky there are unrelated matters that make it less than ideal to sticky. :(

I think none of us would object to having the thread 'purged' of comments you deem unworthy of being included in a sticky. Everyone's goal here is to make the HR as bug free as possible. I include a bit of opinion every now and then, but I, for one, wouldn't mind if my post disappears as long as the bug I've reported is included in the first post.
    edited February 2017
    Not sure if this is a bug or not, but we used to be able to 'shift' out of Forest Meditation to cancel it.

We can still get up by shifting, but we keep getting locked in place until the full duration is over, or run out of dodges.
    Don't you just press the button again to stop meditation..?
  • chemodan007chemodan007 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    bug

Plant Growth has the wrong formula for calculating base damage. Tested with fixed damage weapon.

In the screenshot visible damage at levels 2, 3 and 4. "Рост растений" is Plant Growth, "Манекен-цель" is dummy.
    The difference between the levels is 573.5. Tooltip says 20% at lvl. It is 573.5 is 20% of 573.5/0.2=2867.5. It is 0 lvl of ability.

I.e. in fact now:
    0 lvl is 2868 damage.
    1 lvl is 3442=2868*1.2 damage.
    2 lvl is 4016=2868*1.4 damage.
    3 lvl is 4590=2868*1.6 damage.
    4 lvl is 5163=2868*1.8 damage.

But it should be:
    1 lvl is 3442 damage.
    2 lvl is 3442*1.2=4130 damage.
    3 lvl is 3442*1.4=4818 damage.
    4 lvl is 3442*1.6=5507 damage.

Also, tooltip shows wrong damage.
    Drider
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2017

bug

Plant Growth has the wrong formula for calculating base damage. Tested with fixed damage weapon.

In the screenshot visible damage at levels 2, 3 and 4. "Рост растений" is Plant Growth, "Манекен-цель" is dummy.
    The difference between the levels is 573.5. Tooltip says 20% at lvl. It is 573.5 is 20% of 573.5/0.2=2867.5. It is 0 lvl of ability.

I.e. in fact now:
    0 lvl is 2868 damage.
    1 lvl is 3442=2868*1.2 damage.
    2 lvl is 4016=2868*1.4 damage.
    3 lvl is 4590=2868*1.6 damage.
    4 lvl is 5163=2868*1.8 damage.

But it should be:
    1 lvl is 3442 damage.
    2 lvl is 3442*1.2=4130 damage.
    3 lvl is 3442*1.4=4818 damage.
    4 lvl is 3442*1.6=5507 damage.

Also, tooltip shows wrong damage.

@chemodan007 the tooltip for plant growth is calculated assuming plant growth ticks 5 times, not 4, even though it only ticks 4 times. The healing on Oak skin is also super weird, not sure how it is calculated yet. Aimed shot is calculated with a level base of 86.655 even though it is a ranged ability (it should be 144.425) and the same is true of thorn ward.
    At this rate I'm surprised we can walk without tripping over.