test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Armor kit "+ total item level"?

Can anyone tell me what this actually means? I just put one on my level 140 boots, it was a blue recovery kit +50 recovery +10 total item level. I checked my stat before and after and it only goes up the 50 from 2,275 to 2,325 so what am I not understanding?

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Your total IL Item Level https://account.xbox.com/en-us/screenshot/6f19d047-d500-4448-9756-7c0157cb95e9?gamertag=LT%20Smith%20Neko&scid=8dd60100-6cc0-42f2-bb3e-c47b184a79f5 You can see it in this picture down in the bottom corner. Your item level is just a number that adds up overtime the better gear you get, not including companion, mounts, and mount insignia's. So a skill kit will give you the stat increase, and increase your Total IL as well.
  • andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Thank you for your reply. I was confused about the actual tooltip on the kits , i thought maybe it gave a bonus depending on the level of the item it goes in but now i know it's the minimum level of the item or it can't be used on it so I wouldn't have been able to reinforce if my boots were level 9 or something like that the blue is the only one I have had so far so never had it unusable to know for sure. Very nice item level you have, I'm struggling to hit 2500 but I'm getting ready for the upcoming double RP.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    No, the Total IL from the armor kit adds to your overall IL, so lets say I'm going to use an armor kit that gives me, I dunno 200 Power the kit would also grant me about 45 IL So once I kit the armor kit my power is raised from 0 to 200 and my IL is raised from 0 to 45. If you need a visual example I don't mind adding that once I get home.
  • andyufcfanandyufcfan Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Oh right that makes sense now. I didn't look at my item level before i put it on I just looked at the stats since I rarely look at the total. Now I know for sure, thank you.