test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could we fix Prophecy of Madness please?

loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
The Prophecy of Madness skirmish is broken since ever. It makes it extremely frustrating to run. The two issues:

- Portals in the second phase of Demonic Incursion do not always properly contribute to the overall score. It makes it annoying to impossible to get Gold even for good teams. Also the first phase seems to be a little bit too challenging.

- The timer in the Protect the Prophecy variant does not reset when beating the first phase. You have to intentionally stop fighting mobs and get Silver in order to have the full five minutes to beat the second phase.

Although this might not be high priority, these long-standing issues are exactly what makes the dev team look unprofessional and unreliable.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    I thought they had those fixed like months ago :/
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    lowendus said:

I thought they had those fixed like months ago :/

Yeah it was in the patch notes, but it never actually happened. Not sure why. People seem to think though it got fixed, so I quite frequently find myself yelling at my team to stop attacking mobs to no avail... And then everybody is like wtf if the second phase ends in seconds.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

and make it like 2-3 times faster, its skirmish not dungeon while I could run some dungeons alot faster than this skirmish, or I could run 3-4 other skirmishes in the meantime like shores of tuern for example.

+1

That's a different issue / design flaw though. The Underdark tiers that should make this more rewarding than SoT never quite worked out.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Once upon a time it worked perfectly. For a few weeks after it first went live...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Agreed, huge pain, especially if you are pugging.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Agreed. With POM new popularity following the key change, fixing this bug would be greatly appreciated.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    While this might not be so popular, imo it would be a good idea, to slap a min IL on this thing.

This is, most of all, a dps race. I stopped running it PuG, when in 4 of 5 groups one or 2 of my teammates had less then 1k IL, worst I have seen was 300 IL. My LS alts have a higher IL from salvageable items I stashed on them, then 50% of the ppl running PoM PuG.

You might cry elitist all you want, but to search for a 4k+ party for PoM is just as HAMSTER, as to que up with a ungeared LS alt and expect the rest, to do the job.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    If it worked properly you wouldn't need a 4k+ party.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    1 bis character is enough to complete demonic incursion if your teamates realise they have to open or close( whatever is) the tears and not standing behind you for no reason.
    OR BIS player ignoring the tear next to him to not lose points from paingiver;p
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    it is just to hard to have 3xgold in pom, it is harder then edemo and ndemo LOL
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I think what is FAR FAR FAR worse... :) Although your issue is certainly not good either... The drop rate for the 4th boon for Underdark almost never ever ever ever DROPS from either skirmish... I don't want to think how many time's I've done it on all my toon's and yet only 1 has ever earned it--just recently I had a friend in alliance give an extra ONE they had earned to me after ONE toon got lucky enough after 100's of the skirmish to earn another.
    Post edited by strathkin on
This discussion has been closed.