test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Treads Bug

@mimicking#6533 @rgutscheradev @ctatumdev#6113 @nitocris83

Black Ice Treads need to be looked at. Totally uncharged they provide no speed boost (duh) but yet you still slide. That shouldn't be happening (I believe) since then it's literally just a negative item I can't use. Who can afford to be sliding like that in a boss fight? If it were a downside only when charged I could live with it but otherwise it makes no sense at all since it's liable to get me killed in combat since I cant get out of the way of something.

It also makes the boots worthless since I can't use them in combat. I really hope this was an oversight and the skating was only supposed to be a downside to the speed boost (which makes sense).

Comments

• tacobeast94tacobeast94 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    It would be nice if charging them removed the slide effect.
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User

It would be nice if charging them removed the slide effect.

Not going to happen. The entire point is that there's a downside to the speed boost. Which is supposed to be the sliding. I asked during the live stream today and this is a bug for sure. It's only supposed to slide when charged. When uncharged it should have the trail effect but not make it you slide.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    These boots, when compared to all other new items (psion shroud, bloodlords visage, etc) are far worse, the slide is more of a disavantage than a vantage most of the times so empowering them with black ice should at least improve their tier/stats to be competitive with other equipments, after all we did not just got them, we also need to charge them.

edited February 2017

we also need to charge them.

No you don't. That's the entire point of this post. The sliding is a downside to the speedboost which is from being charged. Except that's not how it currently works, it just makes you slide full time.

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I mean they need to be charged to grant the speed bonus.

@mimicking#6533 @rgutscheradev @asterdahl @nitocris83

Still no fix for the sliding while uncharged?
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    They still suck.

They still suck.

Yep, still broken.