test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change Server

tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
From an old post of 2013:

The shards will be merged into one server similar to STO once the game gets out of beta and officially launches. Secondly, you cannot change servers. You have to create a new character to change servers.

Now, this has not happened, Dragon and Drider are still 2 different Shard, with Dragon more oriented for PVE and Drider more for PVP.

So, i still need to create a new alt on Drider if i wanna play there? Or , due to the fact that the server are not merged is possible ask to move your account with relative alt on the Drider server?

Just curious about that, anyone?

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    PC's original international shards were Dragon, Beholder, and Mindflayer, which were merged to Dragon. Mimic and Owlbear are preview/test shards for PC international. Drider is Russia and Lurker is Russia's preview shard. The consoles also have D&D shard names but they aren't referenced very often.

I also don't think you can play on Drider unless you appear to be accessing the game from Russia. I am not given a choice of shard when creating a character since the merge.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    Thx For the fast reply!
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

PC's original international shards were Dragon, Beholder, and Mindflayer, which were merged to Dragon. Mimic and Owlbear are preview/test shards for PC international. Drider is Russia and Lurker is Russia's preview shard. The consoles also have D&D shard names but they aren't referenced very often.

I also don't think you can play on Drider unless you appear to be accessing the game from Russia. I am not given a choice of shard when creating a character since the merge.

@beckylunatic
    You can change the launcher language to russian and you will see the server as the main option (and Lurker). There is also a checkbox in options -> "Show all games" That will add the option to pick it.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That's neat, though I would be totally lost due to lack of any actual ability to understand Russian. I did wonder a little bit if it only detected language settings or checked your IP.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia