test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Topping Off Artifacts (RP question)

docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
I've got 2 artifacts that I'd like to "top off."
   • An Artifact of Union currently at 136 (660k RP to go).
   • An Artifact of Power currently at 107 (5.4mil+ RP to go).

I really wish I had understood the whole "feeder" artifacts long ago, but there you have it. So... with these two already at Legendary, I'd love to know the fastest & most efficient way to get them to Mythic from here. (I've read the posts and looked at the spreadsheets on Artifact refinement, but... well... I'm "math-deficient.")

Do I just throw straight RP into them now (assuming RPs of the same kind, i.e., Union to Union)? Or am I better off filling up other like artifacts to a certain point and then feeding those to top off the remaining RPs?

Comments

• Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Feeding another artifact to raise it's level before feeding IT to your artifact of choice,, looses you about 40% RP,, that is my understanding anyway
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    During a 2x RP event filling up an artifact and then feeding it to another artifact of the same type generates a ton of extra RP. 10 times as much as normal due to the 5x bonus for like-to-like feeding, which become 10x during 2x RP.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact

Take a look at the chart on that wiki page... If you need 660k RP to finish off your artifact then you would want to get a feeder artifact of the same type as your main artifact up to level 47, which will cost you 125k RP from green, less if you get it as a blue.

When you feed this artifact into your main artifact it would normally generate 68,440 RP, however, during a 2x RP event you would get 2x that, and because of the like-to-like artifacts you also get 5x for a total of 10x. Therefore your feeder artifact will generate 684,400 RP!

I discovered feeder artifacts last 2x RP and wow... it is pretty nice when you drop a Rank 59 artifact into another artifact and see 1.2 MILLION RP sitting there... then if you crit you can get a TON of RP. I crit one of my last feeders and got one of my artifacts all the way up to Rank 130! :D

Good luck with your artifacts, always use feeders and always wait for 2x RP!

One very important note... feeder artifacts DO NOT work with artifact equipment at all! You will always lose RP trying to use artifact equipment as feeders for other equipment... so don't do that! ;)

EDIT: Not sure why someone would feed artifacts into artifacts to then feed into a main artifact... just get the feeders to Rank 59 and feed into the main artifact. Rank 59 is the last rank before an artifact can become purple, but don't do that, just leave it at Rank 59 and feed away. One thing to note, you can be just 1 RP into Rank 59 to feed the artifact into another one... filling the Rank 59 bar is just a waste of RP! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    THANK YOU. That totally makes sense now. I really appreciate it!
  • Options
    kanwulf#8762 kanwulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User

During a 2x RP event filling up an artifact and then feeding it to another artifact of the same type generates a ton of extra RP. 10 times as much as normal due to the 5x bonus for like-to-like feeding, which become 10x during 2x RP.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact

Take a look at the chart on that wiki page... If you need 660k RP to finish off your artifact then you would want to get a feeder artifact of the same type as your main artifact up to level 47, which will cost you 125k RP from green, less if you get it as a blue.

When you feed this artifact into your main artifact it would normally generate 68,440 RP, however, during a 2x RP event you would get 2x that, and because of the like-to-like artifacts you also get 5x for a total of 10x. Therefore your feeder artifact will generate 684,400 RP!

I discovered feeder artifacts last 2x RP and wow... it is pretty nice when you drop a Rank 59 artifact into another artifact and see 1.2 MILLION RP sitting there... then if you crit you can get a TON of RP. I crit one of my last feeders and got one of my artifacts all the way up to Rank 130! :D

Good luck with your artifacts, always use feeders and always wait for 2x RP!

One very important note... feeder artifacts DO NOT work with artifact equipment at all! You will always lose RP trying to use artifact equipment as feeders for other equipment... so don't do that! ;)

EDIT: Not sure why someone would feed artifacts into artifacts to then feed into a main artifact... just get the feeders to Rank 59 and feed into the main artifact. Rank 59 is the last rank before an artifact can become purple, but don't do that, just leave it at Rank 59 and feed away. One thing to note, you can be just 1 RP into Rank 59 to feed the artifact into another one... filling the Rank 59 bar is just a waste of RP! :)

You were doing great until the edit ;)
    you would feed a 59 into another blank feeder for the exact same reason you are using feeders in the first place/ for the extra Xs
    if you are just rooting for the 1.2 mil you should set your sights higher.
    your lvl 59 feeder into a blank suddenly becomes a lvl 81 feeder without a crit.

you can take a lvl 1 artifact to 140 with 6 blank feeders and very little rp simply by re-feeding them. 2x lvl 59 feeders into a 3rd twice and you have a mythic.
    yes you have to upgrade the 3rd ones to purple but the cost of that is nothing compared to how much rp you save

• Options
    Two level 59 artifacts would give 1.2 million each for a total of 2.4 million RP. However, feeding one Rank 59 artifact into another before feeding into a main artifact would yield 3.0 million RP... which as @kanwulf pointed out is a great way to gain even more RP... of course, all this only works during a 2x event and only when the artifacts are of the same type!

Upgrading from blue to purple does take some resources: 2 greater marks, 1 normal mark, 1 lesser mark, 50% chance of success. Upgrading from purple to orange, however, may take more resources than you might want to spend just for feeder artifacts: 7 greater marks, 1 normal mark, 10% chance of success. Also if you feed into a green artifact then you will also need to upgrade that from blue: 2 normal marks, 2 lesser marks, 90% chance of success.

Thanks @kanwulf for the update... feeder artifacts are new to me as well and I honestly hadn't sat down and looked at feeding artifacts into artifacts before feeding them into the primary artifact... you've given me more to think about and thankfully right before the next 2x RP event too! :D

You are most welcome @docsc00ter - I would also consider what @kanwulf had to say as obviously there are ways to gain even more RP if you have both the feeder artifacts and the marks to upgrade them available! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    shmoodleshmoodle Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Can I ask a further clarification please? Artifact feeder of the same type - is that, for instance, any artifact of union into another union or is the exact same Artifact as a feeder necessary (ie: Eye of Lathander required as a feeder into another Eye of Lathander)?
  • Options
    kanwulf#8762 kanwulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    shmoodle said:

Can I ask a further clarification please? Artifact feeder of the same type - is that, for instance, any artifact of union into another union or is the exact same Artifact as a feeder necessary (ie: Eye of Lathander required as a feeder into another Eye of Lathander)?

any union into union- power into power etc/
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I love the feeder process--but where do you get all the 'feeder' artifacts? Are you buying them with tradebars? Or on the AD market? My drop rate over the past several years has been a total of 4 artifacts--two Tiamat, and two lantern. It seems that if you are purchasing the artifacts, that needs to be figured into the overall cost. For example, stability artifacts are relatively inexpensive (~80KAD for one right now), but power artifacts are much more expensive.

Am I missing something in the 'savings'?
  • Options
    Personally I watch the AH for cheap artifacts between 2x RP events. Sometimes you can get really good deals! :)
    @samaka#2511