test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starlight Parcel Items

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2017 in News & Announcements
Update 1/4/17 7:39am

As of now, all replacement starlight parcels have been sent out to all platforms. If you didn't get any replacements, you will need to contact support for assistance. Please note that if you renamed your character since December 14th, you will need to include your old character name and new character name in order to locate the correct account.

Update 1/2/17 4:28pm

We continue to move forward with making and implementing the automated command to credit PS4 players their starlight parcels. Once the command is implemented, this may take a few hours to propagate across all players.

Update 12/24/16 12:35pm

PC/Xbox users have been credited the opened starlight parcels. Due to the volume we are holding off on PS4 until we are back from the Holiday break.

Yours truly will be offline tonight and tomorrow so any questions will need to wait until Monday at the earliest.

Update 12/22/16 8:35am PT

Today we will begin crediting players for any starlight parcels opened prior to the fix. Due to the extremely high volume of parcels that were opened across all platforms, we do not have an ETA on when all crediting will be complete. We will continue to update the community when new information is available.

Update 12/21/16 5pm PT

Due to the PC maintenance happening tomorrow, the fix will roll out to PC right after the 7-9am maintenance. Console is still set for midnight. During the fix roll out, all players will be kicked out momentarily. In-game messaging will notify players of the shutdown.

As previously stated, as soon as the fix is implemented, we will begin crediting players for any opened starlight parcels.

Update 12/21/16 3:22pm PT
The fix for the starlight parcel will be rolled out tonight at ~12am PT. Starting tomorrow, once the fix has finished propagating, we will credit all impacted players the number of parcels they obtained prior to the fix implementation.

Thank you for your patience!

Update 4pm PT
We have found a fix for this issue. This may take up to 48 hours to go through so we will be looking how to address the individuals impacted prior to the fix going live.

We have identified the issue with Starlight Parcels and are working on next steps. We will be providing additional updates as available.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    So. The Simril Helper Companion doesn't work correctly AND the Gifts do not contain all the rewards sometimes?

Just a normal event in Crypticland I guess.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Don't open boxes... period until they say it's clear... maybe those who opened 30+ boxes will get a companion of some sort..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • sonji#4352 sonji Member Posts: 50 Arc User

Don't open boxes... period until they say it's clear... maybe those who opened 30+ boxes will get a companion of some sort..

Of sorts? refund us the 20 USD we spent on buying the packages...at least back in Zen. they xcan easily tell who has and hasnt bought these packages. IK i have bought 60 packages from the zen store. thats 6000 zen thats a hefty price to not get a single thing other than a single green companion.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    GIVE US back the number of starlight parcels we used from zen market.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Just like last year, it's best to test how warm the water is first before diving in.
  • cakeecarrot96cakeecarrot96 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Yeah I bought 2 packs of 20 *sigh*. Quite frustrating to have 40 parcels bugged $40usd or for me $60aud. Hoping the compensation is good.
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    Thank you for this, after 250 parcels opened I knew something was wrong, still my favourite event tho.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • mikelis1000#9499 mikelis1000 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yh, opened nearly 300 parcels, and made me think i had superbad luck...lol
    I see whats up now
  • zzt711#8887 zzt711 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I bought the 20 pack this morning PST, and I know I got nothing out of 3-5. Was wondering until I saw the post on reddit.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    "how to address the individuals impacted" That's pretty much all accounts, with all characters that has opened Starlight Parcels so far?
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I bought 2 x 20 pack. on ps4 and 1x20 pack on xbox. glad I didn'tbuy more. lol. a lot of these have definitely been bugged. glad to see it's being fixed and I hope the recompense is fair.
  • darkheart#6758 darkheart Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    40 packages bought n i thought it was just bad luck. Just refund my zen or reimburse 40 parcels opened
    Since this is going to take 48 hours to fix, why aren't the parcels pulled from the zen store?
    Not everyone reads the forums and understands there is a problem and they will be getting shafted as well.
    Or is cryptic ok taking money for broken products and will not recompensate fairly?
  • chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User

Since this is going to take 48 hours to fix, why aren't the parcels pulled from the zen store?

Not everyone reads the forums and understands there is a problem and they will be getting shafted as well.

Or is cryptic ok taking money for broken products and will not recompensate fairly?

Yes this all the way. Parcels should be pulled from the zen store immediately and replaced with a big note stating why.
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Why not just give each character X number of Starlight Parcels on login, where X is that characters current count of opened parcels?

Might want to freeze all parcel opening at that announcement until the fix though.

Yes this all the way. Parcels should be pulled from the zen store immediately and replaced with a big note stating why.

^THIS! Do it now!

PS: Someone, somewhere, might want to do a review of QA procedures... this type of bug really should never have made it to the live servers! :disappointed:
    @samaka#2511
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Also, this is a great opportunity for Cryptic to create some (much needed) goodwill...
  • jade456usjade456us Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    Thought it was unusual to have so many poor drops in a row. So it is broken, items should be replaced.
  • terialenterialen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So glad I saw this....after the husband and myself opened a ton of them. Anyone seen anything about compensation yet, or why they weren't pulled from the market. Are we supposed to send in tickets or let them sort it out?
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    @nitocris83 The Neverwinter champion's charger mount that you get from the parcels can't be sold or deleted if you already have that mount in your stable. It basically just takes up an inventory slot.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • What if you aren't able to get a bunch of parcels,like just your one a day so you just go ahead n open it hoping to get in on a freebie companion or a much greater reward than what you'll get from the one parcel seeing you aren't going to be able to open boocoos of them???Any thought any one?
    Emiritus/Nameless Ghoul
  • zeroscarlett#9233 zeroscarlett Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Is this all parcels or just the zen store parcels? Cuz I'm wondering how everyone is getting mounts, companions, and decent to great items... and I'm getting nothing... at least twenty boxes across four characters, not counting the bags from gifts, and all I've gotten is one scarf... and lots of event refinement items...
  • I have opened the one from today for both my toons I didn't get what I was getting in the days prior but I'm not sure if they were bugged.I think I got the 64 light simiril refining,got quiet a few of those even from other players gifting. I know yesterday I got starlight bags from gifts,just about everyone,not today.
    Emiritus/Nameless Ghoul
    I believe it is all parcels, as the 6 i opened on my different toons today only got the novelties. Only 1 toon out of 7 got more than the novelty and gift.
  • hadin1983hadin1983 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So when did this start happening, or did it start straight out of the gate?
This discussion has been closed.