test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Unsupported DirectX Version

oldschooldndplyroldschooldndplyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited December 2016 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
I just recently (this weekend) started getting this message stating that after March 1, 2017, I will be unable to play Neverwinter with my current video card. I have a Lenovo ideapad y700 laptop with a Geforce GTX 960m, running Windows 10. My friends who also play on older, weaker video cards don't get this message. Could this be the work of a bug or virus, or is there a workaround for this? I'd hate to think I won't be able to play NW in 3 1/2 months.

(I couldn't paste the actual window message but here is what it says):

Unsupported DirectX Version

Support for the Video Card you are using will end on March 1, 2017. You
will be unable to play using this Video Card after support ends. Please
upgrade your Video Card to one that supports DirectX Hardware Feature
Level 10 or higher; See your Video Card manufacturers documentation
for information on DirectX Hardware Feature Level support.

Comments

• Options
    "What cards should I be looking for if I have to upgrade?
    For the best play experience, Cryptic Studios recommends a video card that supports Direct3D Feature Level 11.0 or better. This includes:
    • NVidia GeForce GTX 400 or better
    • ATI/AMD Radeon HD 5000 or better
    • Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better"

...so, since I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m, why am I getting this message? Or is the 960m older than the 400?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Everyone gets the message it has nothing to do with your PC.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, ok. So I shouldn't have anything to worry about? I was thinking I should start shopping for a new computer because unfortunately I can't switch out video cards in a laptop
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I believe it only shows for those who are not using Direct X 11 in the settings menu. I changed to DX11 and haven't seen the message since.

You need to go in game and find the setting and change it to DX11. Assuming your system can handle it, then you should be fine.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot
  • Options
    gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I've only just patched to the latest version after a few months away and I get this message too. Trouble is, it won't let me into the game at all so I can't change any settings. But I've been running DirectX 11 for a couple of years now so I've no idea what this is about. The game launcher vanishes after this message so I can't run it. Any help greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    gallifreyan999gallifreyan999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Nvm, problem solved by a genius in the Tech section (username hoperuby, to give them all credit) who said:
    "Try going in the launcher command line and write -d3d11enable 1 "

Mine said -d3d1enable 0 - so I changed the 0 to 1 and I'm in the game.
  • Options
    saratovgreensaratovgreen Member Posts: 3 New User
    Try to change screen resolution.
    Если после fall creator update не работает NeverWinter - измените разрешение экрана на меньшее, а потом обратно. Мне помогло