test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

should tenacity be a requiremt to pvp? like everfrost for fang breaker island?

corruptifiedcorruptified Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited December 2016 in PvP Discussion
lv 70 bracket only guild pvp warborn easy to get for starters.

should tenacity be a requiremt to pvp? like everfrost for fang breaker island? 41 votes

YES, there should be requirement
60%
whitestaruathestiagankdalf#8991clonkyo1emilemodemonmongercilginordekmamalion1234galadrifdodgorustlordxsayajinx1kaudilhotrill34foxxy#4211deldrachmetalldjttrgluestickztrentbail21cforest#0755 25 votes
NO.
39%
aimeesellersdll32exekiraskytowersweatapodimasduuricyphishloboguildbigredbrentmachetemattmorenthargoodyearbaddaydread4moornezdin#5514rabbit#3096tnqw#5936angryjuice75#7473 16 votes

Comments

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    If it was back in the day id say no but as it is its very easy to get 3 peices of warborn to get like 2k tenacity. =\
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    NO.
    I voted no because I think Tenacity should be an environmental variable. Gives PVP way more gear variety. You could still make PVP sets desirable with PVP only set bonuses or increased item level while flagged etc.

Don't forget we need fewer barriers to compete in PVP and not more.​​
  • burndownxmas#7201 burndownxmas Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    There should be a requirement, at least make battle scarred gear buyable with gold, if your winning it at lvl 70 PvP your either auctioning it or discarding it.
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    I voted yes, but also this > what he said there has to be a part of it that is an environmental variable. If it should be a 2K Tenacity requirement to enter PvP, 1K Tenacity should be the base stat for all.
    loboguild said:

I voted no because I think Tenacity should be an environmental variable. Gives PVP way more gear variety. You could still make PVP sets desirable with PVP only set bonuses or increased item level while flagged etc.

Don't forget we need fewer barriers to compete in PVP and not more.​​

• goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    NO.
    If they enact a tenacity requirement for PvP, they need to add a dual spec, or a PvP gear closet for all that useless gear we will have to carry around. Bag space is too limited as it is.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I voted yes but context is important here. My reason for voting yes is because a tenacity requirment is better than the current situation.

An even better solution would be to make tenacity purely an enviormental factor. If this is done, Cryptic should rework the pvp sets to provide stats and set bonuses that are aimed at PVP. There should also be a basic pvp gear set that up to date and is free to every player. PVE gear should be disabled in PVP since PVE gear grants more stats than PVP gear does. There should also be a greater variaty of gear choices on top of this with ideally, every possible stat combination being avalable so we can choose what we want. There should also be a much wider variaty of set bonuses avalable including ones that are class specific. More than one set bonus should be able to be considered BIS at a time so people can specilize further. Builds are starved for diversity right now and that needs to change.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    NO.
    No, because I remember what it used to be to play pvp just to get seals for Lionsmane...I never got them. PvP should be made accessible to everyone with a fair chance of obtaining the necessary gear.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    NO.
    My friends and I barely have motivation to play our awful PvP as it is. Solo queue got us playing more often for fun. But forced to have yet another set of gear taking up bag space and switching clothes again?

No thanks.

My top PvE gear holds its own just fine when I get bored and queue for PvP.

Isn't this game dying fast enough already? Why chase even more people away?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • flameragonflameragon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    [PC] I used to play on PC until mod 10 hit and it felt like a waste of past efforts. I said yes because it's not fun for anyone to not be able to do anything but sit on the cap or waiting to get voted off. I remember farming for lions mane (incredibly tedious) just to have warborn in the tradebar with the same stats. Removing tenacity would make this whole situation worse because High End PVE players would get involve with the slaughter because they can't be held back by tenacity. In general, PVP geAR reduces ones stat in trade for armpen resistance but by adding this requirement, new players will know the value of tenacity
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    NO.
    Much as I would like to vote yes ... a tenacity requirement really can't be put into place without a non-PvP way to get some kind of decent PvP gear. Sure, you can get guild gear with just guild marks, or Warborn gloves cheaply off the AH, but to come up with 2K plus tenacity (the point it might make a difference) you need to require people to put real money into the game. It's certainly true it's hard to win at PvP without putting up some real cash, but it shouldn't be a requirement just to step into the arena.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    NO.
    If people want to step into PvP without tenacity... let them. They will quickly learn why they need it. Then they can either earn the gear the hard way... by scrounging up enough glory to slowly put a set together... or do it the easy way, by buying Warborn off the AH or out of the TB store. Some may even do a little of both. There is enough elitism in PvP... there doesnt need to be a gate for it.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    NO.
    clonkyo1 said:

You should start avocating for a new "Black ice gear" upgrade too, then, as i'm doing, again.

Actually I think the idea of Black Ice gear decent enough to actually use in PvP again is a great one. Not make it BiS, but at least make it something you could wear and not get killed instantly when a geared character hits you. Not only would it help new PvPers, but it would make an older area of the game a bit more useful.
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
  • crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    Yes in fact, I'll go so much as to say remove all tenacity from gear and just give everyone a base tenacity.