test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wondrous Gond high chance.

When the doohicky reward says you have a "HIGH" chance at getting a mount, it pretty much means 1 in 6, or so it seams. To me, that doesn't mean "HIGH" at all. A "HIGH" chance means better than 50/50 in my opinion.
I had a bunch of zen saved up and used it for blueprints only to be disappointed with getting the mount 1 out of 6 doohickys I refined up.

With that being said, without buying the blueprints, there's no way you could ever get enough refinement to upgrade to a doohicky unless you had every single profession working on making rank 4 wheel cogs every hour and a half throughout the entire weekend. So if you aren't going to spend zen on the blue prints, I wouldn't waste your time since the "HIGH" chance is so shi t ty.

Sorry for the rant, I just wish the chance at getting a mount was more clearly defined because if I spent all weekend grinding out the refinement for this only to get a god dang professions pack (4 of 6 times I might add) I would be sooooo disappointed.

Comments

• caelia#3631 caelia Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    Nothing in this game is clearly defined ... Im still trying to figure out where you can get the relic armor with no success. I do appreciate you posting this though at least now I know I have to fork over more money just to get "the opportunity" of getting this mount. Really sucks tho.
  • mbritton444#2328 mbritton444 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Yup. I was really excited about this. I farmed for an hour or so, then went online to see how much of this stuff I needed to refine a Doohicky. That's when I realized that this is the most blatant attempt at forcing us to buy zen that Arc has put into this game so far. The illusionist mask was possible to refine all the way during the event. This is NOT possible without buying blueprints, as far as I can tell. You need almost 3.5k wonderous grommets to fully upgrade the doohicky, WITHOUT taking into account that you need X2 of the Rk4/5/6 items to refine up to the next level.

Couple that with the extraordinarily high amount of profession resources you need to complete the profession tasks, and the instantly jacked up auction house prices accompanying them, and the barrier to completion without buying zen is likely insurmountable for the average player. This is ridiculous. I was thinking about spending AD on zen to buy blueprints and then selling the mount for a profit. You'll need about 200k ad to buy the zen you'll need to max out a Doohicky and then have a 1/6 chance of getting a mount that sells for 1.2k-1.5k? Technically you'd break even, I suppose, but what if your 1/6 chance of getting a mount was on the lucky side and it's really a 1 / 10 chance or a 1 / 20 chance? Both of those chances are "high" chances when compared to every other method of obtaining a mount of that quality, but still not high enough to make it worth your while.

I want the Forgehammer. I wonder what the drop rate is on that bad boy. 1 / 500?

You're starting to abuse the F2P nature of this game, Arc. This is a very ridiculous event you've put on.

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Yup. I was really excited about this. I farmed for an hour or so, then went online to see how much of this stuff I needed to refine a Doohicky. That's when I realized that this is the most blatant attempt at forcing us to buy zen that Arc has put into this game so far. The illusionist mask was possible to refine all the way during the event. This is NOT possible without buying blueprints, as far as I can tell. You need almost 3.5k wonderous grommets to fully upgrade the doohicky, WITHOUT taking into account that you need X2 of the Rk4/5/6 items to refine up to the next level.

You are wrong. It is completely possible to make a doohickey without anything other than pres wards and you could skip using them, but it would be unwise.

Gond is a crafting event and every profession except leadership has a rank 6 task to create Gond items, up to rank 4. That alone throws your math out the window.

This is an event that will be held 2 or 3 times a year. If you didn't prepare when it first went on the calendar, It's best to look at this time as a way to get set up for next time. Just collect for now and wait until the next double RP to refine, they do double including blueprints if you buy now and use later, and store and turn in during next event.

For next time, start gathering level one crafting items (pine wood, iron ore, simple pelts, etc) prior to the event. You can do it anytime or wait until it goes on the calendar (But sometimes there will be little advance notice). If you don't want to craft, those items always sell for a premium during the event for easy AD.
  • mbritton444#2328 mbritton444 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

You are wrong. It is completely possible to make a doohickey without anything other than pres wards and you could skip using them, but it would be unwise.

Gond is a crafting event and every profession except leadership has a rank 6 task to create Gond items, up to rank 4. That alone throws your math out the window.

This is an event that will be held 2 or 3 times a year. If you didn't prepare when it first went on the calendar, It's best to look at this time as a way to get set up for next time. Just collect for now and wait until the next double RP to refine, they do double including blueprints if you buy now and use later, and store and turn in during next event.

For next time, start gathering level one crafting items (pine wood, iron ore, simple pelts, etc) prior to the event. You can do it anytime or wait until it goes on the calendar (But sometimes there will be little advance notice). If you don't want to craft, those items always sell for a premium during the event for easy AD.
    Without saving up for a long time, even the profession tasks are relatively useless. You would need to complete 80-90 profession tasks to have enough to upgrade one doohicky. Obviously that's much faster if you have multiple professions mastered, but even then the amount of materials you need are so comically high that buying them still becomes the best option. The easiest task looks like Artificing. it only requires 2 professional resources (50 each iron ore and pine wood) + 1 store bought resource + 1 residium. Using 4 GM artificers it'll take you 20 hours of profession time to get enough for ONE attempt.

It is an interesting point that you can save the RP for double RP events, but you also have to take into account inherent cost of playing the "long game" in NW, which is bank space / bags. Bank space and bags have to be purchased with Zen (with very limited exceptions), so keeping up with stacks and stacks of RP for this event will still cost you zen, period. And these very limited RP have to fight for space with actual RP Items. I've purchased two 36 slot bags, and two bank upgrades, and they stay full with RP items that I use during double RP. Am I to be expected to give up this space to save up a far more limited RP item just to be able to have a 1/6 (or worse) chance at a mount every 3 or 4 months? or worse, am I to be expected to buy another bag or more bank space?

Yes, part of my frustration comes from the fact that I wasn't fully prepared for the event. I didn't really look ahead on the internet to see what this would entail. I easily could have saved up a bunch of professional resources to be able to do the profession tasks and get RP items, but even then would I have completed 80-90 professions task over these 4 days to complete 1 doohicky which probably won't give me a mount or a forgehammer? Would I have been able to save up 4000+ each of these profession resources, even going full steam ahead with professions?

I've enjoyed every event that has been on the PS4 so far. I feel like I'm being rewarded fairly for the amount of effort I'm putting into them. This one, though, is clearly just a Zen sink. Yeah, you could spend your entire year preparing for this one moment of eternal glory! but really, very very few people are doing to do this. They'll buy zen. Period. And that's what Arc wants, period. It's a shame, too, because by and large I've never felt overly pressured to buy zen. I've spent plenty of money on zen ($100+ easily. Hardly a whale, but more than I've spent on any other game, barring Everquest and WOW), so it's not that I'm against paying for zen. But I'm against feeling FORCED to pay for zen.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

zephyriah said:

Without saving up for a long time, even the profession tasks are relatively useless. You would need to complete 80-90 profession tasks to have enough to upgrade one doohicky. Obviously that's much faster if you have multiple professions mastered, but even then the amount of materials you need are so comically high that buying them still becomes the best option. The easiest task looks like Artificing. it only requires 2 professional resources (50 each iron ore and pine wood) + 1 store bought resource + 1 residium. Using 4 GM artificers it'll take you 20 hours of profession time to get enough for ONE attempt.

Artificing and weaponsmithing have the same requirements (weaponsmith harvests more resources) and jewelry (75 iron/25 pelts the rest the same as the others) is next easiest to prepare. You can buy the wood, iron and pelts for very little before the event or harvest for free. These don't cause storage issues. Pine was around 50AD each a few week ago, now is over 300. Iron was under 5 and pelts around 10 and these have also gone up.

Alchemy and weaponsmith are best for harvesting. You get all 3 resources of the most demand with 2 professions. Since gathering and the gond tasks are level one tasks, you never need to upgrade the workers. With 4 blue tools, you have a 96% chance at tier 2. Tier 3 is not much better, so no need to try for it unless you want. I feel safer with one mithral and 3 blues so that 4% chance at tier1 is totally gone. I gather this way, but use artificing (cheap tools and workers) and jewelry to refine wondrous items.

I've already made 3 Doohickeys, turned in two (profession pack and mount), but it did take prior planning to be ready. I like crafting/professions.

• devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User

Nothing in this game is clearly defined ... Im still trying to figure out where you can get the relic armor with no success. I do appreciate you posting this though at least now I know I have to fork over more money just to get "the opportunity" of getting this mount. Really sucks tho.

Off topic to the thread, but relic armor comes from 2 areas.

The boots are a rare drop from heroic encounters in Bryn Shander.

The remaining relic pieces (chest, legs, arms) come from FBI. They are kinda rare drops from the final chest.

• duce2duce#5231 duce2duce Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    So far I like this event, I am on to making my 3rd doohickey using mostly professions gathered resources. The 2 plans I did buy were only due to opening a blessing bag and receiving a 15% off voucher, I threw in a bit of the zen action.

I cashed in both doohickeys and no

If I had known what was needed I would have readied more supplies. Currently I have 9 characters gathering supplies for 3 characters to craft into event items. Opening day I had all of my task slots making event supplies. Sadly my supplies ran dry after 6 hours or so and I had to re-think my approach to this event.

For the next time this event comes up I will be ready, Gonna get my next profession to 25, power leveling with "deep wilderness gathering" level 1 only.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    The description in-game that says "a high chance" really needs to be removed, or even better, actually start giving "a high chance" to get the mount, but as always, false, misleading descriptions and advertisments seems to be the Cryptic way...
  • kamehameha069#8658 kamehameha069 Member Posts: 46 Arc User

The description in-game that says "a high chance" really needs to be removed, or even better, actually start giving "a high chance" to get the mount, but as always, false, misleading descriptions and advertisments seems to be the Cryptic way...

Seriously! This is the 1st game like this I've ever played and I'm not too familiar with the Dungeons & Dragons but this game is more like Dungeons & Chances. I too am skipping this event along with all that new relic gear there's already enough grind as is throw in the ridiculous RNG and "chances" is really pushing me away from this game.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I've cashed in probably 10 doohickeys in my time playing this game (none on ps4) I've never gotten anything good, i don't even try to craft doohickeys anymore. sell the bits and pieces instead is my strategy. selling doohickeys is probably also valid thing to do and then buy the mount.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    This has to be one of the worst events ever
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I honestly hate events where you have to rely on steady drops to have even a chance at something decent. Primarily because no matter how much you kill or how quick you kill it, you will still wind up with the same amount of drops are someone doing grinding for the same amount of time whilst taking longer to kill enemies. Add in that unless you can grind non stop until the end of the event, you're not going to even get a chance at the top end rewards.

These events benefit bots the most whilst promoting zen-short cuts for the rest of us. Wonders of gond is the even I like least for this reason.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    I did this event for half a day before I gave up and sold what I had collected. Grinding for hours per day for days on end just to get a professions pack and some refinement would have ticked me off to no end. Better to save myself the frustration. On the up side I did make decent AP selling all those Grommets I found.
  • duce2duce#5231 duce2duce Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    During the time of this event I cashed in 4 doohickeys and got what I'd like to call OK items, nothing spectacular that's for sure.
    I also bought mechanical altars which seem to have an even lower chance to give anything good. I received 2 tools and all of the rest were crafting supplies that I could have easily made. Out of over 100 mechanical bags I opened along with the complicated way I used the 10 altars to get the most bags out of my 12 characters, was a pure waste of time (not even 1 enchantment).
    I have a guild member that is dead set on getting one of the mounts from this event, I have tried to convince him that he has a low chance at a mount and not to waste time on it. I feel like I am crushing his dreams when I try to convey they reality of this event, a lot of time wasted for next to no worthwhile loot in return.

This is the rub, I used months of level 1 supplies to make a few doohickeys, I stopped going into instances so I could time and track the tasks to make as many event supplies as possible. I still had to buy a few blueprints to finish off the last doohickey.
    I feel like the time used to speedily make my way through this event was a waste of time. Not to mention that the doohickey I wanted to keep to use on enemies, the store used as currency from my potions tray? So the spare one I saved in my inventory and trades to an alt was actually the doohickey I wanted to keep. I wonder why something I want to keep (as its in my POTION TRAY) was the first item used for currency in the store, is there something wrong with this or am I the only one who thinks this is not working as expected. I would expect that the first item to be used out of my inventory would be the bottom of the right most bag, but as I have discovered that all sorts of things are meant to confuse you like taking items from first the end of the bag system and then from the beginning of the bag system. A bit off topic but still in the range of what went on during the event.

I will save up items to use for the next event but my "HIGH CHANCE" bubble has been burst and will no longer be cashing in my hard earned doohickeys for garbage. Now I just have to be prepared for the "HIGH CHANCE" bubble to crush my guild members dreams of getting a "HIGH CHANCE" mount during the next event.

Gond! official HAMSTER gathering event!
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    From now on I will only do events where you can earn the reward, like getting the Champions Charger from Siege of Never winter. These events that force you to grind for days to get a "high chance" are dead to me. IMO you are better off just selling the materials you farm in these events. I made a few 100k AD on this event.