test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't locate anything in foundry.

Hey all,

So my question is if anyone knows how to download files needed to run the foundry after you have installed Neverwinter.

I downloaded it(I played a year ago, then uninstalled so redownload lately) and I cannot find any files to create maps, costumes, characters, anything.

Any ideas?

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Foundry has had no assets since the last update. It's not just you and there's nothing to download, it's just currently in a non-functional state for everyone, waiting on Cryptic to decide they can devote resources to at least put it back the way it was.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I don't have an ETA on when the foundry missing assets will be resolved but it hasn't fallen off the radar.
  • sonji#4352 sonji Member Posts: 50 Arc User

I don't have an ETA on when the foundry missing assets will be resolved but it hasn't fallen off the radar.

heck i doubt anyone that uses foundry would complain if it was set back pre somi. but there are a lot of people that like using it, and a few of us who were in the middle of major projects when it just went poof. IK its on the radar but how long? another month? 2? 6? 24? a decade? im loosing a friend a week due to foundry being gone and one of my guilds im involved in who is based on the RP aspect and foundry aspect of NW has already lost 4 guilds in their alliance and well over 100 members because foundry is gone. how much longer is this going to be going on? if its not coming back just say so so that all of us can stop worrying about it and the ones who are going to leave can just leave. thank you
  • phoeniciansonphoenicianson Member Posts: 150 Arc User

heck i doubt anyone that uses foundry would complain if it was set back pre somi. but there are a lot of people that like using it, and a few of us who were in the middle of major projects when it just went poof. IK its on the radar but how long? another month? 2? 6? 24? a decade? im loosing a friend a week due to foundry being gone and one of my guilds im involved in who is based on the RP aspect and foundry aspect of NW has already lost 4 guilds in their alliance and well over 100 members because foundry is gone. how much longer is this going to be going on? if its not coming back just say so so that all of us can stop worrying about it and the ones who are going to leave can just leave. thank you
    I agree... I had recently returned to Neverwinter, and was an avid Foundry Developer. I probably spent more time developing and dialing in my Foundry Quests than I did playing my character in the game.

I was disappointed to read upon my return a few months ago that the AD gains had been removed from the Foundry, and then subsequently the Foundry itself had been decommission for a period of time. I had a few guildmates play through my Foundry Quests that I had to go back in to republish. I literally just logged into the Foundry to see what new tools there may have been since new content was always integrated with each new mod only to find that not only is there no new content, but there is no content whatsoever. I cannot create maps, characters, items, nothing.

I don't understand why Cryptic would completely abandon the Foundry. I suggest the following:

1. Restart the Foundry tools again and incorporate the new content from the recent patches since your abandonment of the Foundry and the content updates.

2. Require players to republish their quests, that way people who have long since abandoned the Foundry and or NWO itself will not have quests published that may be bugged, cannot be played, and clog up the database of available quests.

3. Reintroduce AD, so solo players have a means to gain AD without having to wait each week to perform weekly quests. Notwithstanding, if there is a concern over exploits, then half the AD gains or limit them to half per diem (of the 36k rough).

4. Restructure the "Feature" to be used for Foundry Quests that are eligible for AD, rather than for specific placement within the "Feature" tab. Reduce and or adjust restrictions for application for "Feature" to select those quests that are more substantive or have substance to them, and this will at least allow you to vet out what quests would be used for AD farming.

5. Charge for additional slots for quests and or campaigns as an additional resource for real money to help fund the continuing support of the Foundry. I would even go so far as to suggest that you offer a Zen store upgrade that a player can pay for in order to offer a chance for better rewards at the end of their quests, while requiring those quests to have certain time minimums to avoid publication of short quests simply for improved loot. Create a sliding scale for that purpose to increase the quality of the loot (i.e. levels of purchasable upgrades on Zen market for better loot, or chance for better loot even).

6. Update the available mobs for more difficult combat and to support party play, more specifically, higher level boss mobs. Update the maps to include newer content. Update the design same.

Guys, the Foundry is/was awesome... people like to create, and people want to be rewarded for participating in another's creation. I wholly understand removing AD from actions that can either be exploited through bots, or exploited by players creating 50 characters to benefit from farming AD through invocation and professions. However, there is simply little if any logic to removing AD from the Foundry, and that was what made the Foundry relevant within the greater part of the community. Please reconsider, Cryptic, and breath life back into the single most unique aspect of your game that set it apart from every other MMO, the Foundry.

Please. Thank you for your consideration and review.
  • zoranderistvanzoranderistvan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The Foundry was one of the biggest reasons I decided to give Neverwinter a chance and when I tried to create a map I thought I was doing someting wrong since there was no resources to work with at all (even tho I did everything as I read in the online guide to the Foundry), so I wrote to support and instead of a proper answear they simply directed me to the forums, so after searching a bit here I am reading that the Foundry which is one of the most unique aspect of this MMORPG was shut down and there's no way to create new maps and dungeons anymore... great.

I only have one question left then:
    Who is the mastermind behind the decision to shut down an awesome feature of an MMORPG that other rival MMORPGs don't have? The Foundry is a great thing, shutting it off like this and looseing many players and fans of this great game... srsly Arc Games, Perfect World, what kind of people thought that your company will profit from this in any way, how was this decision logical in any way?
  • gravemossgravemoss Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just re downloaded neverwinter to have fun and get back into map making in the foundry, and now after some research I end up here, only to discover that the only unique feature this game has is now gone? The heck... No updates or trying to balance it, it's just broken and unusable? How about you crowd source the players on ways to fix it instead of just dumping it by the curb?
  • qmiliusqmilius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am new to the foundry ...and love neverwinter ...I hope you guys will open the foundry... I wanted to share some of my ideas and see how it went... Please open the foundry (and keep it as a way to earn AD )