test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

XBOX perma bubble advice needed...

krazydog#1509 krazydog Member Posts: 591 Arc User
Hello, I have a 3.4 Oathbound Paladin and I'm wondering what do I need to have a more reliable Bubble, one that comes back super quick and in a sense perma bubble. And if a flail snail is needed. I have a Mythic Sigil of the devoted and 10,000 Recovery. What encounters restore the most AP per hit. Etc.

Comments

• Options
    nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @krazydog, if you go back a few pages of this forum, you'll see plenty of posts regarding Recovery, AP gain, permabubble during the perma bubble days.

Perma bubble is not a build anymore on PC and i assume will be nerf soon on consoles, so enjoy while it last. You can see topics of bubble nerfs a couple pages back as well.

• Options
    joaoggpaim#3073 joaoggpaim Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi, I'm a 2.8k protection paladin, playing on PS4. And yes, the bubble has been nerfed a lot! But it doesn't mean you can't try doing a bubble as "perma" as possible. I'm putting all my efforts on this actually.

I use 2 rising focus +4 (a lot of Prophecy of Madness for those), all my offensive slots are Silvery, and all my gear focused on Recovery. With the buffs from my companion I can get to 18.000 Recovery. I still have 1300 AP gain (400 from shield, all my mounts insignias giving AP gain, one black dragon artifact on purple, neck reinforcement for +100).

I use the burning set for the 25% AP, and it stacks a lot! I definitely recommend it.

Use a neck that gives AP gain, not armor class.

Use Sprite set for companions.

Go for justice paragon. You really need your encounter powers to fill AP bar ASAP.

The bubble lasts 6s, And I take around 12s to fill AP bar. With the burning set, I can make 9s. I'm still not using a mount like flail snail to help with that. There are no Snails in PS4 for now to have a chance for 25% AP, but this week I'm getting a mount to have more 15% AP.

When I have my mount, and my neck is on Legendary or Mythic and my sprites are on purple. I'm pretty sure I can make a perma bubble in 6s!

So yes, the bubble has been nerfed. But it just means that will take a lot of work to make a perma bubble. Wouldn't you be a unic Paladin to be able to use a perma Bubble in 6s?? I'm almost there.

PS: And yes, you have to let go the Power and the DPS builds and worry just on the bubble and defending the group.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The one problem with that is that high level groups are less interested in the Pally's ability to protect and more in it's ability to buff.

In most cases players above 3.2k can easily get by with Shield of faith and benefit more from increased power. It also means you hit harder, thereby generating more threat and have increased temp health.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    joaoggpaim#3073 joaoggpaim Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    You're right about the buff. And I'm at the step of changing a one ore two rings I have for Power Rings as soon as I get them. As I keep evolving I can keep changing a few status for power, without hurting the Bubble. But naturally, with the bubble nerfed, this won't be the best build to Buff the team.
  • Options
    thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Hi, I'm a 2.8k protection paladin, playing on PS4. And yes, the bubble has been nerfed a lot! But it doesn't mean you can't try doing a bubble as "perma" as possible. I'm putting all my efforts on this actually.

I use 2 rising focus +4 (a lot of Prophecy of Madness for those), all my offensive slots are Silvery, and all my gear focused on Recovery. With the buffs from my companion I can get to 18.000 Recovery. I still have 1300 AP gain (400 from shield, all my mounts insignias giving AP gain, one black dragon artifact on purple, neck reinforcement for +100).

I use the burning set for the 25% AP, and it stacks a lot! I definitely recommend it.

Use a neck that gives AP gain, not armor class.

Use Sprite set for companions.

Go for justice paragon. You really need your encounter powers to fill AP bar ASAP.

The bubble lasts 6s, And I take around 12s to fill AP bar. With the burning set, I can make 9s. I'm still not using a mount like flail snail to help with that. There are no Snails in PS4 for now to have a chance for 25% AP, but this week I'm getting a mount to have more 15% AP.

When I have my mount, and my neck is on Legendary or Mythic and my sprites are on purple. I'm pretty sure I can make a perma bubble in 6s!

So yes, the bubble has been nerfed. But it just means that will take a lot of work to make a perma bubble. Wouldn't you be a unic Paladin to be able to use a perma Bubble in 6s?? I'm almost there.

PS: And yes, you have to let go the Power and the DPS builds and worry just on the bubble and defending the group.

You do know that the bubble is getting nerfed even more tomorrow? It no longer offers 100% protection to your party. Only 60%. I believe the time stays the same. Additionally BO is getting a substantial nerf. So having a high recovery OP is looking less and less viable to me. That is why I am shifting towards Draco's DPS/Crit Pally build. I think TW is going to be our most important survival tool.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Definitely. Ranking bonding stones up is the single most effective thing you can do due to powersharing with your companion magnifying it (run a striker for the 3x Power) Also maxing out Charisma and putting 3 points into Force of Will (Heroic Feat) so you get 1pt of Crit for every point in Charisma at the same time as maxing your AP gain and Combat Advantage.

I'm currently debating with myself on whether to keep Azure or go Brutal on offence slots, especially bondings (that's Crit or Crit & Power). I'm leaning towards Brutal on my character and Azure on my companion as he now has 3x r12 bondings so powershare is already high and I could do with more crit.

The upside is the change coming for weapon enchantments. I currently use a trans Lightning as it's excellent for aggro and gives some cooldown bonus but does weapon damage. This is going to get a scaled buff which will increase it's damage and thus improve the amount of temp health I generate.

Just to be clear, my dps is already very good for a tank and on average I come 2nd on the board in CN and the likes.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Definitely. Ranking bonding stones up is the single most effective thing you can do due to powersharing with your companion magnifying it (run a striker for the 3x Power) Also maxing out Charisma and putting 3 points into Force of Will (Heroic Feat) so you get 1pt of Crit for every point in Charisma at the same time as maxing your AP gain and Combat Advantage.

I'm currently debating with myself on whether to keep Azure or go Brutal on offence slots, especially bondings (that's Crit or Crit & Power). I'm leaning towards Brutal on my character and Azure on my companion as he now has 3x r12 bondings so powershare is already high and I could do with more crit.

The upside is the change coming for weapon enchantments. I currently use a trans Lightning as it's excellent for aggro and gives some cooldown bonus but does weapon damage. This is going to get a scaled buff which will increase it's damage and thus improve the amount of temp health I generate.

Just to be clear, my dps is already very good for a tank and on average I come 2nd on the board in CN and the likes.

Have the devs released anything about the weapon enchants? I haven't seen anything....
  • Options
    rubytrue said:

armadeonx said:

Have the devs released anything about the weapon enchants? I haven't seen anything....
    Nevermind. Just saw the thread in the preview forums.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Perhaps I need clarification - Half of the time I hear people using the term "Bubble" to refer to Sanctuary, other people are using it to refer to prism, and another streamer used it to refer to something else entirely.

Even in this thread I'm sensing that people are referring to different things as the bubble.

So what exactly is Bubble referring to? Sorry for the super stupid question
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskya said:

Perhaps I need clarification - Half of the time I hear people using the term "Bubble" to refer to Sanctuary, other people are using it to refer to prism, and another streamer used it to refer to something else entirely.

Even in this thread I'm sensing that people are referring to different things as the bubble.

So what exactly is Bubble referring to? Sorry for the super stupid question

When people talk about "Bubble" they are referring to Divine Protector.

neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Divine_Protector

When you cast it, you are enveloped in a literal bubble:

Poor quality pic, but you get the idea.

Fat E
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Thank you!
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP