test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Regarding Lanolin and Dragon Turtle Moult

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
For the fact that its a green quality item it has very poor drop chance, I even dropped epics from SoMI big HEs quite more frequently or about similarly than Lanolin or Dragon Turtle Moult. Especially that there are multiple characters to gear and there are many required, after some time I had a feeling that it completely stopped droping or the drop rate was dirastically reduced simiarly to how drops from DHE works. Maybe its just my feeling but I spent three consecutive hours farming and after 1 hour really wasn't dropping any or maybe 1 every 10/15 encounters.

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P

Comments

• Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I allways said the second boss of FBI should give a 100% of Dragon Turtle Moult and the last boss a 100% of lanolin.

But we know how are the rewards in this game
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

For the fact that its a green quality item it has very poor drop chance,

It's something I'm thinking about in these days. Green quality stuff should be like the heavy rain when you kill mobs in SH to farm influence: tons of trashy green items.
    It's likely that they will change the background color of the items instead of increasing the drop rate :p

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    rapo973 said:

etelgrin said:

For the fact that its a green quality item it has very poor drop chance,

It's something I'm thinking about in these days. Green quality stuff should be like the heavy rain when you kill mobs in SH to farm influence: tons of trashy green items.
    It's likely that they will change the background color of the items instead of increasing the drop rate :p
    if drop rates of these (even when i don't farm for them yet -- passed on armor and waiting whether weapons turn out to be a "must") can be increased, great!
    but -- as we are talking this -- pls stop dropping me all that green stuff everywhere else (or let me control it?).

:D
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    What's particulary ridiculous is that in some places around SOMI there are bits of old dragon turtle shell just sitting there. They should be farmable for moult and act like like profession nodes. The current drop rate is beyond stupid, beyond insane, and is far past unacceptably low.
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    More Moults are needed, regardless of where they come from.
  • Options
    voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    The droprate is annoying by all means. I have spent a few hours doing HEs. It just ain't worth the grind at about 1 turtle moult an hour. I got plenty more, much faster, from fishing treasure maps.

I'm not in a rush tho. It seems like I am getting the moults at the same speed as I het that thing from quests (whatever it is called). And I need about the same amount of them as the moults. I might have to buy one or two moults to restore my offhand when that time comes.

I'm not in a rush with lanolin either. It is still gonna be a few (9?) weeks before I can get the books I need to vivify all the pieces.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    You guys should really save your breath. They know how the game is designed and everything is based off of 1%, or less drop rates. It's not about making the game fun, it's about making you feel incomplete so that you have a reason to log in and grind. Don't fall too deep down the rabbit hole as it only leads to disappointment, I fear. Take it from a guy who spent over $300 on this grindfest over the years. It was bad before, but it is only getting worse with each content drop.
  • Options
    playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    But you can get both lanolin and moults from treasure chests and while it's still a grind there is pretty much no risk or difficulty involved so balances out.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Still working to get to Svardblog, FBI is pretty much unrunnable for my playstyle. Work's been taking my time and the game, while interesting, is becoming less important. If rewards were more available, things might be different. Biding time.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    vikoon said:

You guys should really save your breath. They know how the game is designed and everything is based off of 1%, or less drop rates. It's not about making the game fun, it's about making you feel incomplete so that you have a reason to log in and grind. Don't fall too deep down the rabbit hole as it only leads to disappointment, I fear. Take it from a guy who spent over $300 on this grindfest over the years. It was bad before, but it is only getting worse with each content drop.

If you're the one who enjoys a pointlessly long and unrewarding grind then say so. Otherwise, stay out of a conversation that's meant for people who want improvements.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    This grind is what has stopped me from playing the game regularly now. I'd just much rather do/play something else than grind HEs. It annoys me that I will miss out on the new gear but there are more important things out there, like... time.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".