test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Buff-up Control Wizard (It's about time guys, seriously)

c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
I think we've waited long enough with our most damaging powers not being able to make a critical strike, thus completely disregarding the plausibility and possibility for the Critical Severity and Critical Chance based attack to occur.

Changes needed for the Spellstorm paragon in order to have proper burst damage :

- Assailing Force (Make it Critically strike again)
- Storm Spell (Make it Critically strike again)
- Steal Time (Either increase the number of enemies hit or the number of ticks applied during the casting time or prolong the CA bonus interval when used on SpellMastery slot)
- Focused Wizardry (Needs a rework for the sake of AoE powers)
- Shard of Avalanche (It's damage should be slightly increased so that even high Controlling Power characters have great benefits from it)

I could go on, but a Wizard shouldn't be basing the damage solely on the Ice Knife daily and Disintegrate encounter. Wizard should have a variety of AoE powers to choose from, powers that are VIABLE. Currently, most of AoE powers aren't really viable for anyone except (de)buffers.

Thanks.
True Neutral
Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    CW needs control, DPS is not an issue. It's mobs that make the class look like a joke at the supposed role it should be filling.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    ghoulz66 said:

CW needs control, DPS is not an issue. It's mobs that make the class look like a joke at the supposed role it should be filling.

A brief history :
    What you preach is a very old issue. Many people, not just CW players, were calling upon the necessity for the /Arcane Singularity/'s return. But it got nerfed, the same way that /Shard of the endless avalanche/ got nerfed. With more control, enemies would be collected, then thrown away from a cliff or whatever, with a Repel Encounter.
    That was MOD1-2. People would finish dungeons in relative 5 minutes, since CWs would be vacuum cleaners, usually with perma-CC thanks to the prone/daze of the Endless Avalanche spell.
    Then in MOD3 as a compensation Control Wizards got more damage, but a very risky head-on melee fighting type, thus creating a lot of Glass Cannon builds with immense burst properties.

As of MOD6, that damage was halved because the ability to critically strike was taken away since it made problems when used alongside with the Lostmauth Set (which also got nerfed after a whole year since everyone and their grandma used it).
    That is the main problem. Instead to fix the ICD on the Lostmauth set, Control Wizards were nerfed on THREE of their most damaging spells, thus making (forcing) CW's into Buffer aspect for the team since most good Encounters were completely shattered and simply do not do anything.

Furthermore, that's not the only reason why I'm against the CC.
    1. CC would make PvP players cry more than usual and, yes, the CC was removed not only because of the PvE, but PvP as well. People didn't enjoy to be held by a Control Wizard, thus making the Control Wizard basically meat in PvP.
    2. CC doesn't work that well on the Elite mobs. Being Frozen, for instance, isn't at all governed by the CC power, so if you think that Canta Mage pet would increase the frozen duration of the enemies, it won't.
    3. Bosses are completely immune to the controlling powers of the CW. That alone makes more than 90% of Control Wizard spells completely useless on the BOSS-type enemies.

We're looking at this from the point of endgame content, not the leveling up content.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    rghbrghbjrghbrghbj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Think I agree more with what the OP is requesting. The old dungeons had lots of mobs and groups could be overrun quickly without proper control. With fewer mobs and the resistance to CC it's really just a burn game now.

What I'd really like to see:

casting time reduced on a few encounters (steal time and lag are insta death)
    remove the stupid chicken walk anytime there is threat (eDemo is constant chicken walk)
    put threat indicators over ice left by icy terrain (so folks stop asking us to not use it)
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

I think we've waited long enough with our most damaging powers not being able to make a critical strike, thus completely disregarding the plausibility and possibility for the Critical Severity and Critical Chance based attack to occur.

Changes needed for the Spellstorm paragon in order to have proper burst damage :

- Steal Time (Either increase the number of enemies hit or the number of ticks applied during the casting time or prolong the CA bonus interval when used on SpellMastery slot)
    - Shard of Avalanche (It's damage should be slightly increased so that even high Controlling Power characters have great benefits from it)

I could go on, but a Wizard shouldn't be basing the damage solely on the Ice Knife daily and Disintegrate encounter. Wizard should have a variety of AoE powers to choose from, powers that are VIABLE. Currently, most of AoE powers aren't really viable for anyone except (de)buffers.

Thanks.

amd fanning the flame you forgot on single target encounters.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    +1 on the crit issue but with all bosses being CC immune, single target powers need improvement. When it comes to boss fights we need to hold our own.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    zeplin055zeplin055 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I would like to see swath of destruction a part of the class feat from taking master of flame.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    zeplin055 said:

I would like to see swath of destruction a part of the class feat from taking master of flame.

The problem with that is that it lets you slot chilling prescence. You should have to put a bit more work into keeping the debuff up if you're able to slot a DPS buff like that.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Thanks.

assailing force

Thanks.

Assailing force in the past was debuff proc from conduit. Then changed to be first 10% of the target max hp and cap 500% of weapon damage. THEN 15% of the target max hp and cap 800% of weapon damage. I never remember critical hit on assailing force. IF you have a screenshot that assailing force was critical hit show it.

Offhand feature storm spell additional hit can critical.

If you like combat advantage be renegade and proc from nightmare wizardry or position yourself or let marks to apply;p

FOcus wizardry is the only buff in the game with penalties -10% aoe here i agree.
    Agree for shard.

• Options
    demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    @thefabricant @wickedduck22#9795 @itbls thanks for work. I can only confirm what you are saying have a main GWF and CW (both 17K) myself.
    I started with a GWF and my second toon was a CW and I was a bit disappointed how much easier the CW was play and dish out the same amount of damage.
    For both GWF & CW its the same principle, let the tank grab aggro and then move in. On my CW put down IT, FtF, CoI and steal time - teleport out (yes immunity frames the GWF's don't have) and let the DOT's do the work. On single target I just use single target ranged encounters, stay away and enjoy the tank and the GWF's sweating.
    And CW's don't need OP's and DC's to reduce cooldowns. The CW talent spell twisting provides a 30% cool down reduction already. Having the added cool downs from OP and DC is actually overkill. The cast delay of 4x encounters is already longer. Even in PvE w/o OP or DC I can permacast my encounter rotation if I just add one at-will. Basically I play my keyboard Tab, Q,E,R then at-will. After that at will all my encounters are reset to 0.
    On the GWF, well try it yourself in endgame. A GWF is only good if he can keep himself buffed up, and that means mirco managing the buff bar and the totally different cooldowns from the buffs provided by hidden daggers, weapon master strike, destroyer class feature, destroyer purpose, mark, battle fury. Unlike the CW I can not stay away from the dangerous areas, I have to be in the middle of mess and keep moving, which can actually break the rotation.
    My biggest self buff - hidden daggers, 8 sec ICD and 8 sec buff. In longer fights you can run out off daggers trying to keep that 40% buff up. With OP and DC no problem. I benefit more from them then my CW. I can keep up battle fury w/o investing points into the talent tree, I can hammer down two IBS's in one unstoppable rotation and my best friend in endgame is an AC/DC who target locks / keybinds exaltation on me.

@c1k4ml3kc3 you claimed that: "And all of that is because the CW can't do good without utilizing every possible feat and squeeze it like a lemon for any 1% increase followed by a clockwork-type gameplay where everything needs to be calculated prior to both engaging and for the next 3-4 mobs in terms of the gameplay, which doesn't happen if you have a friendly neighbour the GWF who rushes forward ultimately destroying your entire calculation in a blink of an eye. As a CW you don't even have the time necessary for the calculations and rotations to utilize it the best. The CW as such will turn into a Disintegrate/Ice Knife class. DIK. "

Show that statement to a TR, HR, DC they will die laughing at you... sorry but the CW rotation is on the easiest in the game. Smoulder, rimfire and arcane stack basically appear by themselves there is not much work needed to keep them up. Just in contrast the 50% buff from destroyer purpose can only be kept up while dealing damage in unstoppable and the 25sec duration is shorter then many think and building determination on single targets can be a pain because it takes forever. A CW will go through a complete rotation before a GWF can build up determination on a single target/boss.
    And the DC's healing everybody watching their rotation divinity, empowered and keep and eye on the party members to heal and the debuffs on the foes, make every CW rotation look easy.
    The test run provided proves very well CW and GWF's have different playstyles but can both produce the same outcome to me GWF's and CW's are at same level and both classes are not the most difficult to play in NWO.
    And by the way, in Mod 13 smoulder and rimfire will be affected by Chilling presence, I don't want to know how much more DPS that creates for the MoF's. I can imagine that will put the MoF's on the very top of the paingiver chart.
    Post edited by demolitioninc#2453 on
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
This discussion has been closed.