test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FISH TAKE TOO MUCH OF REMAINING INVENTORY SPACE !

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
The amount of inventory slots needs to be reevaluated again, with the sea of moving ice and space all of "Sea Life" takes its almost impossible to have any room in inventory at all. There is so much items player have to stack like refinement of different kinds and of different bind status of which sometimes there are two different types or even three of bound to character, different variations of gear, the decaying gear from SKT, Dragonflight, Drowcraft - now these fishes, at least make a fishing bag similar to profession one where they are stacked or add another bagslot.

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P

Comments

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    How many fish are we talking about here?
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    vordayn said:

I believe there are like 30 different types of fish that you can now catch (that's just going by memory from the collections window, so that number may not be accurate).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    I found nearly 100 pieces of collection in Strom Kings Thunder Campaign regarding fishing. We need fishtank for all those fishes and bites.
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    I don't have a problem with fish taking a lot of inventory space. I can just run back and trade them in, right. The problem is OUR INVENTORY IS ALREADY FULL. There is no room for fish in our bags. Please try to understand.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, there should be enough room on a boat for fish and other fishing related items... even on a small boat, you shouldn't be forced to stuff fish into your "pockets", so to speak.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @asterdahl said that it was around 100 types of fish, but tried to justify it with them being localized, so you should only see 4-5 types at a time, as long as you are dropping them off prior to fishing at a different location.

There are still multiple problems with this.

Our bags are crammed jammed rammed full of an unbelievable amount of keys and RP (how many NEW kinds of RP did you add, hmm?) and quest items and consumables and all the new tools you've decided we need to play the latest content and spare sets of gear and whatever items the latest event forces on us and... do you detect a problem here? Any effort to keep it somewhat streamlined takes away from enjoyable parts of playing the game. Many players do not even have the option of buying relief, because they've already bought all the relief possible. God help you if you collect fashions, or quickslot novelties like thrones.

Khyek travel is slow, and the zone is large. Constantly having to go back to an NPC for even more inventory management is disruptive and... shockingly, not enjoyable.

I'm really fed up with inefficiency being designed into NW's gameplay, essentially forcing activities to consume more time than necessary by padding them with travel time and juggling items. It is endlesslessly frustrating.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They are very incompetent of late.. that is the only thing we can say. Mod 10 and 10.5, highlights their errors in the largest sort of ways.

This team of people, just cannot delivery engaging and fun content.

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    @beckylunatic you are quite right about the new additions to the inventory problems. After you complete the new introductory quests you have lost one slot to the new fishing rod, one to the khyek, two to the new arti weapons and yet another to the new lockbox stack. So five inventory slots gone straight away :s
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    One of the first things I do when they change the lockbox is consolidate all the previous ones into the shared bank so they take up fewer slots across my account*, then transfer into storage. If I thought it was a particularly horrible box, I might even liquidate them immediately.

*For interest's sake, the quantity of lockboxes I typically collect during an average window for a box being active is over a thousand, but rarely over two thousand. I think higher quantities have always correlated with Siege, as I otherwise tend to minimize non-required kills.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i guess that was the plan
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The thing is, if they're expecting me to shell out on more bags they are horribly mistaken. The last bag I acquired was well over a year ago when I bought the SW pack. Monetising inventory was a fucktard move from the start. I haven't bought a single bag from the zen store other than from packs and I never plan to - not at a 50% discount or even a 90% discount - because their greed knows no bounds.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    One of the last things I do when I switch character or exit is to move: lockbox, newly obtained enchantment/runestone, potions, etc to shared bank. When I do the invocation/professionals for the characters, I move them to the 'proper storage space'.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Purchasing more bags is not an option if you have full runic bags. If they offer a new bag...I doubt many would buy it due to the cost of the existing ones and being BoP (terrible move btw, will cost you money guaranteed).

Black Friday I'll be buying all the share dbank slots I can get, all the regular banks slots for my mains, and at that point, I don't know what else Im going to do.

As always, RP and its many forms is the #1 problem. Fish won't help, multiple gear sets won't help, lockbox auto-pickups won't help.....I thought I was playing DND not Dungeons and Inventory Management.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The bags from campaigns/quests, the Dragonborn Legend bag, and with the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale i'm going to add the Hero of the North bag to my collection.
    And depending on how much AD i can exchange to some extra ZEN until the sale hits, i also might add a few more Shared Bank slots to my account, but that's it.
    I'm not going to touch any character bound bags, and if they continue to push more junk into my inventory, i rather start avoiding the content related to it, then to start throwing cash at the ZEN shop for more "character bound" inventory space...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

vordayn said:

I believe there are like 30 different types of fish that you can now catch (that's just going by memory from the collections window, so that number may not be accurate).
    96 is the number in the collection, but 30 is a reasonable number for fishing hours and hours and hours, like we used to (and some still do) at the Winter Festival. A creel ( right after we get a wardrobe for costumes and an Armoire for sets of Armor) for bait, fish caught, stray refining items and bottles of treasure maps as a new inventory tab. Now I know why you said we need more bags.