test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ninja Nerf to Plant Growth on Preview?

bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
Yep ninja nerf. Just tested on preview. PG ticks have been adjust down to 2 from 4.
Post edited by bittynation on

Comments

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    You know what? HAMSTER it, just make Plant Growth a straight-up damaging encounter. Screw the roots. It's not weak or strong grasping roots anyway. Was a HR oddity when they introduced it in Mod 6. That should curb the whining from the pvp crowd. What say you @terramak @asterdahl?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Yupp, now is dealing half of the damage and also have a 2 seconds delay before damage kicks in.
    divectore said:

Yupp, now is dealing half of the damage and also have a 2 seconds delay before damage kicks in.

Oh great. Another encounter with a delay. Boar Charge and Marauder's now have another friend to play with. HAMSTER it, PG just came off my action bar for good. Devs just killed our only good damaging encounter *initiates slow clap*
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    Excellent job on moving this thread to preview mods when there is already one there. (round of applause) Most HRs will go to the class forum to read up on stuff and not here goddammit!
    Our pain is self chosen.

• bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Excellent job on moving this thread to preview mods when there is already one there. (round of applause) Most HRs will go to the class forum to read up on stuff and not here goddammit!

+1
    Thanks for moving the HAMSTER thread HAMSTER!
  • tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Well, it seems cryptics dumfoolery is going across the board. First BO, then TC and now PG?
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Well....one way to appease PvP hardships from other classes, I guess.

Also, 2 ticks of PG = IBS with 2 seconds delay unbuffed
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Well combat=trapper now, 15% or so dps loss for trappers.

It looks like the GWF will take the top spot again, back to "need GWF for..." in the enclave.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
    dmcewen said:

Well combat=trapper now, 15% or so dps loss for trappers.

It looks like the GWF will take the top spot again, back to "need GWF for..." in the enclave.

Really? HR is still a good class to play. GWF is needed for damage and some of them aren't happy of the only "one-viable-build".

I build my HR to be decent in everything, not a master of one.

2 ticks only AND 2 seconds delay... it's getting better and better! :lol:

Still not going to help you survive piercing damage, dude.
    Yeeeees! Combat HRs are back to swinging wet noodles. Great job devs! Another pvp change which adversely affects pve. If there was a gaming equivalent to the Razzies you guys deserve it!
    Our pain is self chosen.

• lordrius#3179 lordrius Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not only Combat, but Trapper HR too - PG does a lot of damage, and make our class a viable DPS for big runs... With this nerf, we should expect a 15%-20% DPS loss, dropping us to almost the bottom of the chart :disappointed:
  • tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Not necessarily; the fix to TC for SWs is about 40% of their DPS. As I said, devs pulled their Nerf guns and started shooting everyone.

They wont touch the GWF cause its the most played class by players and devs :(
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

Not necessarily; the fix to TC for SWs is about 40% of their DPS. As I said, devs pulled their Nerf guns and started shooting everyone.

They wont touch the GWF cause its the most played class by players and devs :(

GWF have to get stacks 1st, fill determination bar means waiting much longer than HR to pull his hardest hitting IBS. Beside that when I started playing GWF there was only few because we were hitting like wet noodle, then compare this to fotm old HRs after release...
    200_s.gif
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    If they make the total dmg of the 2 ticks equals to the total damage of the 4 ticks, maybe it wont affect PVE much but instead i consider it a buff since the same damage but shorter execution time. And that only if they remove the 2 sec delay. Just my though t.
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    Basically this change decreasing a scale with Thorned Roots/Plant Growth. Currently on live server it's around 1:2 as average scale. This change with delay might be a good in some ways however in the most circumstances it'll occur with a big fail. From the lags to the timing with other ally DPS. If you ripping damage in this way, decrease casting time of Gushind Wound and decrease a feets distance with activate damage buff from Longstrider to allow us benefit more from DC, OP buffs.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So the solution to piercing damage in PVP is nerfing encounters that trigger it too much? I see.

Probably some troll looked at how much damage the encounter contributed on average and completely ignored context.​​
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    The hypocracy of all this just kills me. GFs can still one rotate, with no opportunity for a comeback, and who gets their damage nerfed..? The HAMSTER HRs. Repel CWs can blow you all over the map... And yet people complain about trapper mini roots and stuns. This was the first mod where gwfs felt seriously threatened, despite being the pvp kings since forever... and immediately, by neverwinter standards... the source of that threat is neutralized.

Biased much..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Ok, I found a problem. Probably it's a bug. Blade Storm should proc off from a first tick from Plant Growth. I used many times Plant Growth with slotted BS on dummies and a few on multiple targets, Blade Storm hadn't proc in this time. Other thing is that something with target cap is wrong. Sometimes it's ticking on 3 targets, sometimes on 4 or 5, so there might be a problem with applying a damage too(even if target was rooted, he won't get a damage from Plant Growth on one or two targets).

Post edited by hawkend on
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    This definitely looks like a bug to me rather than an intentional nerf but I fear they will nontheless release it on live tomorrow disregarding our feedback as they are in the habit of doing when in a rush to release an update.

This will make most rangers unplayable and we will probably have to wait for few weeks before a fix.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    artifleur said:

This will make most rangers unplayable and we will probably have to wait for few weeks before a fix.

Well, not necessarily. They usually roll out the first fix after a major update on Thursday of the same week, which is why they've moved launch days from Thursdays to Tuesdays. It does give them a window for correcting what they can (contingent on finding and fixing the bug in time though).

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I sincerely hope this is a bug, PG is a staple in most Trapper rotation, and since it's already nerfed/"fixed" once with the target-cap, let us keep some good encounters ffs...
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    What did you expect? They nerfed swiftness, no this garbage. None of this suprises me though, ever see the twich stream where Strum puts silverys in his utility slots? The people behind this game aren't even good at it. Time to roll GWF, cus apparently that's the only class they wont nerf into stupidity.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    hawkend said:

Ok, I found a problem. Probably it's a bug.

I can confirm this is in fact a bug, we were tracking the issue internally as of yesterday and are hoping to have a fix in the near future. I can't give an exact estimate as we are currently uncertain of the origin of the issue as no changes were made to the power directly.

Rest assured this was not a ninja nerf. Additionally, I'd like to apologize to the inconvenience for those who are affected by this issue.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

I can confirm this is in fact a bug, we were tracking the issue internally as of yesterday and are hoping to have a fix in the near future. I can't give an exact estimate as we are currently uncertain of the origin of the issue as no changes were made to the power directly.

Rest assured this was not a ninja nerf. Additionally, I'd like to apologize to the inconvenience for those who are affected by this issue.

Thanx for the info.