test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alchemy is Broken

boshek1boshek1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I am at Alchemy rank 11. I somehow did the lvl 7 research and it gave me XP towards the next level. Now that I have XP I no longer gain Basic Alchemical Knowledge from doing the Rank 11 Experimantation. It is extremely frustrating as I now cannot level and cannot eventually craft elemental aggregate and unified elements required to get Elemental gear. What makes it more frustrating is the stupid Basic Alchemical Knowledge are character bound so I have no chance of ever leveling it again. I really don't want to use an Alt to level this all back up.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The more interesting question would be how you got to level 11 without previously running the level 7 research. Each level unlocks the next and then disappears. Or is there another reason you cannot do the research or experiments?

Rank 11 requires Coal and Quicksilver, items you haven't used up to this point. Is it possible that you do not have any Quicksilver?

Or are you running the Experiments and just not getting the Knowledge? How many times? Rank 11 needs 5 successes, so it can take as many as 15-18 attempts to get them with bad rng. Average success is 1 in 3 or 4 for experiments.

And if you get it working, I recommend you do it for all five, earning 10. Carry the surplus over for after the event ends for every level, rather than doing fewer experiments. You want to do as many experiments as possible during the event and earn as many extra knowledge as you can to use after event ends.

Post edited by zephyriah on
  • Options
    I had already ran level 7 before for some reason it still shows up when you have unmet tasks unchecked. I must have hit that when I had enough knowledge without realizing it. I have 600 xp out of 2400 at level 11. I have been doing the experiments since and haven't gotten a single Knowledge. I have done it roughly 25+ times already today with nothing.

Here is a screenshot showing it being there at level 11 and that I have 600 xp out of 2400.

• Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    I've read about a bug that can develop when you do a early rank experiment that doesn't gets removed as it should.

The rank 7 task being available even after you've gotten to a higher rank was a bug that is noted in a patch-note somewhere.
    Sadly I think I also saw someone with the same problem as you, and I think support basically told him he was out of luck.

I would try making a support ticket anyway, they might be able to help you.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Yea I read that somewhere as well. I started a ticket with them so hopefully I can get this fixed.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Sadly, at one time the Alchemical Knowledge was not bound. It had to be unbound for the Alchemical Extravaganza. You could even find some on the AH. I wonder when it changed.