test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR Weapon damage

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
i have to report this:
all classes have right now in module 10 at least a weapon damage of 1548 (talking about CW)
while the poor HR which decided to be devoted to melee stance (combat HRs) have the lowest amount by far (948 weapon damage). Can this be looked at?
i mean there are classes with almost 3x that weapon damage.
Look TRs, look gwfs, look gfs..
is this intended since main hand weapon damage is not considered in melee stance ( combat bread and butter )?
@asterdahl

Comments

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I think i read some where that amenar mention HR weapon dmg calculation is taken from the highest of the 2 weapon which is the bow. So the weapon damage from the offhand does not matter. Though i feel that the point of giving weapon dmg to offhand when its not to be used still puzzle me.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

I think i read some where that amenar mention HR weapon dmg calculation is taken from the highest of the 2 weapon which is the bow. So the weapon damage from the offhand does not matter. Though i feel that the point of giving weapon dmg to offhand when its not to be used still puzzle me.

you are sadly wrong, what you said only stands true for the trapper feat "thorned root" @kangkeok
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    Well then..good luck on ur appeal.
  • deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

i have to report this:
    all classes have right now in module 10 at least a weapon damage of 1548 (talking about CW)
    while the poor HR which decided to be devoted to melee stance (combat HRs) have the lowest amount by far (948 weapon damage). Can this be looked at?
    is this intended since main hand weapon damage is not considered in melee stance ( combat bread and butter )?
    @asterdahl

Shortly put, this is not going to happen, atm.

As a HR Combat player myself i find this request has no basis in the current state of Combat HRs.

CW is a pure spellcaster, no melee at all, and has only 1 weapon.

Combat HRs are far from poor and are not "devoted" to melee only. That decision is made by the player.

Combats have 2 weapons and 2 stances like the other HRs.

CW has 1 weapon dmg around 1500
    TR has 2 weapons dmg aroud 900 and 900,
    GWF has 1 weapon dmg around 2200,
    GF has 1 weapon dmg around 1800
    HR has 2 weapons dmg around 900 and 1500
    etc.

Same kinda numbers come along with the other classes.

Where exactly is your 3x more damage, and dont say our main-hand dont count, off course it does, for obvious reasons, its a part of our class and the way it has been designed to work as a whole.
    Just pointing out melee dmg and say its poor makes no sense.

This feels like a personal buff request by someone who wants, either to be the top paingiver or on par with a class with different mechanics and party role.

Untill the HR balancing/changes continue there is no need to review anything.
    edited October 2016

rayrdan said:

i have to report this:
    @asterdahl

Shortly put, this is not going to happen, atm.

As a HR Combat player myself i find this request has no basis in the current state of Combat HRs.

CW is a pure spellcaster, no melee at all, and has only 1 weapon.

Combat HRs are far from poor and are not "devoted" to melee only. That decision is made by the player.

Combats have 2 weapons and 2 stances like the other HRs.

CW has 1 weapon dmg around 1500
    TR has 2 weapons dmg aroud 900 and 900,
    GWF has 1 weapon dmg around 2200,
    GF has 1 weapon dmg around 1800
    HR has 2 weapons dmg around 900 and 1500
    etc.

Same kinda numbers come along with the other classes.

Where exactly is your 3x more damage, and dont say our main-hand dont count, off course it does, for obvious reasons, its a part of our class and the way it has been designed to work as a whole.
    Just pointing out melee dmg and say its poor makes no sense.

This feels like a personal buff request by someone who wants, either to be the top paingiver or on par with a class with different mechanics and party role.

Untill the HR balancing/changes continue there is no need to review anything.
    TR damage is calculated with the sum of main hand and off hand.
    Combat HR damage is only given by offhand values.
    its really pretty simple.

you dont believe me?
    that thorned strike for example.
    unslot the main hand and check its damage on tooltip.
    now slot it back.
    unslot the off hand and check it again: yes it goes as low as 700 damage on tooltip

@deterrant#6687 @asterdahl
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    they need uniform weapon damage across all classes anyway. Especially with how other items they add are based of weapon damage.

People already complain about gwf damage and they they go ahead and give them the most base weapon damage
    I will posts some screenshots as soon as i get home this evening (11 hours or so)
    edited October 2016
    @asterdahl screenshots as prove

Main hand damage

Off hand damage

thorned strike with both weapons

thorned strike with no main hand

throned strike with no off hand

as you can see combat Hr damage is fully based only on off hand damage which is 2x times lower than cw and dc and 2.5 times lower than gf tr and gwf.
    to say it better: im basically a TR with only a weapon slot

Something is wrong

a combat HR is basically supposed to be a dps with its weapon damage 2x lower than all other classes?

anyone pls?
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    I agree with you why should a ranger have the weakest melee weapon damage? In other MMOS 2 dual wielding is known to do the most weapon damage over 2 handed weapons for example. Also, they have the same role in combat, HR is not doing any CC.
    In fact they are also more squishy due to no temp HP and less DR.
    They need to raise the weapon damage and close the (LARGE) gap between GWF and HR Combat or in fact reverse it.

I agree with you why should a ranger have the weakest melee weapon damage? In other MMOS 2 dual wielding is known to do the most weapon damage over 2 handed weapons for example. Also, they have the same role in combat, HR is not doing any CC.
    They need to raise the weapon damage and close the (LARGE) gap between GWF and HR Combat or in fact reverse it.

i dont want huge numbers on my offhand, just to be on par with the lowest values: cw and dc (1548 weapon damage)

right now i almost have half that value
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

i dont want huge numbers on my offhand, just to be on par with the lowest values: cw and dc (1548 weapon damage)

right now i almost have half that value
    they may have to balance the damage from encounter then (melee) just keep this in mind. Piercing I am looking at you
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Combat HR here and I'm doing fine with doing a lot of small ticks with my at-wills since those ticks won't break Plant Growth root damage. Or am I mistaken something here?
    edited October 2016

Combat HR here and I'm doing fine with doing a lot of small ticks with my at-wills since those ticks won't break Plant Growth root damage. Or am I mistaken something here?

everything will break plant growth root. everything over 4k damage.
    the damage itself can never be interrupted.
    you cant be doing "fine" with 50% less weapon damage compared to a cw and 80% less compared to a gwf/tr
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

´... the poor HR ....

lol, HR is now on the place where GF's burst was before the fix,
    destroying everything on their way.

Say goodbye to Piercing and u can have double weapon dmg-

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    xgrandz02 said:

rayrdan said:

´... the poor HR ....

lol, HR is now on the place where GF's burst was before the fix,
    destroying everything on their way.

Say goodbye to Piercing and u can have double weapon dmg-

^this
    edited October 2016
    @xgrandz02 they can revert piercing to its former state if they give combat HR the GWF weapon damage.
    rayrdan said:

you cant be doing "fine" with 50% less weapon damage compared to a cw and 80% less compared to a gwf/tr
    Really? *unslots plant growth for something else*

I'm more afraid that they'll touch something more than just weapon damage. Like what @xgrandz02 said, they may replace Piercing Blades for a random useless/useful feat that we don't even know about and nerf Flurry, Battle Crazed and Scything Blades to a new low.

But also something that @xgrandz02 overlooked,
    Piercing Damage is a feat. Weapon damage calculation shouldn't include feats/passives.
    What he suggests is like buffing GWF's weapon damage and saying goodbye to Destroyer's damage feat.

Of course I'll be happy if they only buff HR's weapon damage to be on par with other classes.
    But right now, I'm doing fine with what I have, in respect to @amenar.

I just realized this is a PvP discussion. Nevermind. Carry on.

rayrdan said:

I'm more afraid that they'll touch something more than just weapon damage. Like what @xgrandz02 said, they may replace Piercing Blades for a random useless/useful feat that we don't even know about and nerf Flurry, Battle Crazed and Scything Blades to a new low.

Piercing Damage is a feat. Weapon damage calculation shouldn't include feats/passives.
    What he suggests is like buffing GWF's weapon damage and saying goodbye to Destroyer's damage feat.

Of course I'll be happy if they only buff HR's weapon damage to be on par with other classes.

its not born as a pvp discussion
    rayrdan said:

rayrdan said:

its not born as a pvp discussion
    Um, okay. My mistake.
    edited October 2016
    Slight buff.
    terramak said:

An issue wherein classes that dual-wielded received less total stats from their weapons than those that did not has been resolved.
    • As a result, the amount of stats from bows, ranger blades and daggers has been increased.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    HR offhand damage being less than other classes mainhands like GWF having 40% more than other classes is a bug, it should be the same :p

The devs should fix both ^^
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    +1000 to that idea :) bring gwf weapondmg in line with other classes^^
    Post edited by tom#6998 on
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    They can increase the dmg of HR's offhand but then they would have to nerf the base dmg of melee attacks.
    bvira said:

They can increase the dmg of HR's offhand but then they would have to nerf the base dmg of melee attacks.

Try playing combat HR without Gushing Wound, Plant Growth and Throw Caution.