test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Going on vacation from 10/14-10/24

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
I'll be on vacation for 10 days where I'll be disconnected from everything - or trying to be. Hopefully, nothing comes up, but if it does, someone should jump in on the forums for messaging. While I'm gone, my fellow Community Manager, Amanda will be posting maintenance notices, so be nice!

Now time for some peace and quiet :).

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Have a good holiday. Hope you do something fun! Take lots of pictures!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I hope you have a great vacation, Andy! You totally deserve it. :smiley: Amanda is really nice, so I'll help make sure nobody gives her a hard time.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Have fun man and safe travels! (also, pics or it didn't happen!!!)
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Remember vacation = phones off :)
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I expect live updates via Twitter. Make me jealous.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I thought you were already on vacation from your lack of forum presence lately.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    new community moderator and vacations. regime change?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    For the curious, Amanda is @wakeupparamour#9775 here (and on the Livelock forums). So if anyone sees her posting official looking messages, such as the maintenance thread for PC today, that's who she is. :)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User

I'll be on vacation for 10 days where I'll be disconnected from everything - or trying to be. Hopefully, nothing comes up, but if it does, someone should jump in on the forums for messaging. While I'm gone, my fellow Community Manager, Amanda will be posting maintenance notices, so be nice!

Have a nice vacation
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2016

(Enjoy your vacation @strumslinger and don't party TOO hard without us! ;) lol)
    va8Ru.gif
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I expect live updates via Twitter. Make me jealous.

No fair if he's supposed to unplug!

Have fun, Andy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    yokki1 said:

new community moderator and vacations. regime change?

http://www.infomine.com/investment/metal-prices/aluminum/1-month/

Well, the tinfoil prices would indicate that something's happening...but I think the reality is closer to the fact that this is Strum's job, and with his job comes paid vacation, which he's opting to take.

I know it's a stretch, but I'm guessing that's really what's going on. B)

Have fun! Send us a postcard, will ya?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Is there even a place on earth to be totally disconnected anymore?

Enjoy the vacation, it will be over before you know it.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    throsbi said:

Enjoy the vacation, it will be over before you know it.

Truer words were never spoken.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Have Fun.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • darth132darth132 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This man is going to Fangbreaker Island
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    kvet said:

Hah! Now we know why he took this week off for real :)

Isn't it interesting that all of the most upsetting "bug discoveries" and "fixes" coincide with holidays or vacations?

No way that's planned at all. Because there's no way that they would have known about the plan to nerf the keys more than a few hours in advance of when they transparently, respectfully, and effectively communicated the context and decision to the community.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    From now on, whenever Strums says he is going for a business trip, a show or a vacation, we should be very scare.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    really, not need to have phone off, but use camera, i have it on my phone too, LOL.

have fun and rest easy, i missed those run with modder event 3 times by few seconds too late each time, really want a chance to run and have a new mound.
    but i would like a chance for special companion as choice of 1 of 3 pets after running the dungeons instead of mound give away event.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    welcome back, Andy! :)
    good beginning of this week!
    (no irony)
    I can't imagine his vacation was very relaxing as his spidey senses must have been going nuts in the last week :D
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    I think he is not back yet. It is 24th today in North America.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

LOL I just noticed the bolded part for the first time. Yes Andy, nothing came up while you were gone... well nothing consequential :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

I think he is not back yet. It is 24th today in North America.

Yeah, pretty sure he'll be back tomorrow, but he's going to be 100% swamped with work.
    kuI2v8l.png

Well, Amanda is a pretty famous for "back up" although we did not see her (or I don't know her handle).