test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

soulforge doesn't work in my umbral assault vest after latest patch

misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 194 Arc User
If I move it to the frost assault vest it works, but when I move it back it doesn't.
It also don't show up in the little icon bar under my profile.

Comments

• Options
    And it's a transcendent soul forge

• Options
    By removing both enchantments and inserting them after I've put on my armor, my soulforge seems to have come back (finally)

• Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Souforged in DF, and dont work to me too. :'(

edit: I removed and sloted again, now work....strange....
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,115 Arc User
    I bounced my Soulforged around 3 different characters wearing either Dusk or Drowcraft. It didn't work on 2 of the characters. The third was never in a position to find out.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    There's a workaround for this issue, which was tested by our moderators.
    1) Remove the coat.
    2) Remove all enchantments equipped on this coat.
    3) Equip the coat again.
    4) Replace all enchantments.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

There's a workaround for this issue, which was tested by our moderators.
    1) Remove the coat.
    2) Remove all enchantments equipped on this coat.
    3) Equip the coat again.
    4) Replace all enchantments.

Please send gold for this workaround. :)
  • Options
    d66723225d66723225 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    This appears also to be happening to armor kits (i had to attempt to install a new ef kit for the game to register the original ( you cant overwrite a kit with an identical kit)) and potentially also normal statgiving enchantents as well. So basically you cant be sure if all of your enchants and kits are working. This is a serious bug and should be fixed asap.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Its not just soulforged and its not just that piece of gear. People are reporting this issue occurring with all enchantments and reinforcement kits. It seems to randomly occur, for no specific reason, on absolutely anything. We noticed it on reinforcement kits because of the EF resist requirements for FBI, as some people used the kits to get in and they weren't counting sometimes, but other times they were.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Yup, my OP's pants have a EF Resist kit on them that doesnt add to his EF Res stat on the sheet and doesn't work with allowing him to get into FBI - you cant unslot Resist kits. :/
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Okay, figured it out! Keyleth and I both had a triple stat enchant in the piece of gear that wasn't working correctly (I had Draconic, Keyleth Black Ice). The change made to triple stat enchants to work in companion gear clearly needs all triple stat enchants to be refreshed, so they have to be removed and re-added in order for things to work.

Everfrost Resist on my undergarments are now working. Also it appears some of my other stats all reverted, so I wasnt getting all of the abilities until i removed and re-added
  • Options

Okay, figured it out! Keyleth and I both had a triple stat enchant in the piece of gear that wasn't working correctly (I had Draconic, Keyleth Black Ice). The change made to triple stat enchants to work in companion gear clearly needs all triple stat enchants to be refreshed, so they have to be removed and re-added in order for things to work.

Everfrost Resist on my undergarments are now working. Also it appears some of my other stats all reverted, so I wasnt getting all of the abilities until i removed and re-added

Hmm, gotta check the rest of my gear now ;)

• Options
    sherifftrumansherifftruman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I can confirm that a I have variety of things that weren't working until I unslotted and reslotted my 3-slotted enchants across several characters, including weapon and armor enchantments. It was expensive, but worth it.
    Guild Officer of Greycloaks

Kaelyx - TR: Whisperknife
    Kae'lyxstra - OP: Protection
    Kae-lyxa - DC: Divine Oracle
    Kael Blazebeard - GWF: Iron Vanguard
  • Options
    mredo2mredo2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Same for me, armor enchantments dont work :( like so many things in this game, wont be fixed before next Thursday or even longer couse it isnt something that will make criptic lose money if it was it would have been fixed in 1-2 days or even after 2-3 hours. I love how it is money>bots>players in this company :D
  • Options
    mredo2 said:

Same for me, armor enchantments dont work :( like so many things in this game, wont be fixed before next Thursday or even longer couse it isnt something that will make criptic lose money if it was it would have been fixed in 1-2 days or even after 2-3 hours. I love how it is money>bots>players in this company :D

Did you not see the work around? Unslot the enchants and reslot. They aren't going to do an emergency patch by something that is so easily fixed by the user in game.
  • Options
    hahahahahaha work around :D it need to be fixed not worked around, so what now, it will never get fixed couse it can get worked around :) ok so bots are just players working around :), if someone is using bug for profit he is working around now :), and some players dont have gold to go and unslot enchants :)
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    mredo2 said:

hahahahahaha work around :D it need to be fixed not worked around, so what now, it will never get fixed couse it can get worked around :) ok so bots are just players working around :), if someone is using bug for profit he is working around now :), and some players dont have gold to go and unslot enchants :)

Any player that is actually impacted by this bug had more than enough gold to unslot a few enchants.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    So it is ok for it too be bugged. Like i wrote before, they could fix it yesterday but they are not losing money so they wont fix it fast :D if it was AD u would have been crying right now but u are defending them when they are the ones that f****d up.

It is bug they should fix it. The End. It is Bug Reports forum, u tell them there is bug and they fix it. I know they would like to place big sign BETA so they dont need to do anything and just tell ppl,"chillout it's BETA it is ok for it to have bugs" but not if they are the ones that place those bugs into game after patches. It would have been so easy to see this bug if only they even played this game or be in it for at last 1 hour to see, what is sad they even have preview server to check that out :(.
    But lets make it clear PC version is dying :( couse they paid too much for PS4 and XboxONE they dont have enough money to support all. Where is the last time u have seen developers or admistrators in game at some kind of event (hide or seek or anything else) i bet it was before PS4 come out :). Good that im looking for other games like so many other ppl. I give max 2 more years for this game and it will be dead.
  • Options
    devlonasdevlonas Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So I removed and reequipped just the Soulforged, that didn't work; I removed and reequipped both enchants from the armor (third slot not unlocked yet) and that worked. As soon as my Soulforged activated though, it didn't come back again. Am I going to have to reequip everything EVERY TIME IT PROCS?

That's HAMSTER.

Also, wondering if my Vorpal is even working on my artifact weapon. Doesn't feel like it, but I don't know how I can tell.
  • Options
    I was able to get my soulforged back and it seems to be staying, however I have not been able to get my Vorpal to re-engage. When I remove it and re-equip as outlined above, I see no change to my Crit Severity rating in my character sheet.

Would like to know if anyone else has noticed this.
  • Options
    hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Vorpal adds severity and it never displayed in character sheets. The same goes for dread etc, they are never calculated into the character sheet. The sheet shows your base severity before the enchantment, because the enchants only add that severity on successful crit roll.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response, I did confirm.
  • Options
    bareftmonkeybareftmonkey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    I have a Soulforged that's not working either. The recommended workaround had no effect.
  • Options
    khareqanwikhareqanwi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Easy fix but how do I know if its not working? I have to do all the math on all my enchants? I recently dropped over a million AD on reinforce kits. It seems only one of four AP reinforcements is working. How do I reslot those? I've felt week for over a week and now I see its probably my soulforged being off for that last two weeks. This needs to be fixed.
  • Options

Easy fix but how do I know if its not working? I have to do all the math on all my enchants? I recently dropped over a million AD on reinforce kits. It seems only one of four AP reinforcements is working. How do I reslot those? I've felt week for over a week and now I see its probably my soulforged being off for that last two weeks. This needs to be fixed.

Take the gear off. Remove ALL enchants. Put the gear back on. Put the enchants back in. (This was posted above)
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    still not working on my GF
  • Options

Take the gear off. Remove ALL enchants. Put the gear back on. Put the enchants back in. (This was posted above)
    How do I remove the reinforcement kit?
  • Options

You dont - the issue is the three stat enchant you have. That needs to be removed. But its easier to just say to remove all the enchants (offense slots, defense slots, and armor/weapon enchants). Just make sure you take the gear off first. Then remove. Then slot them back in.
  • Options

You dont - the issue is the three stat enchant you have. That needs to be removed. But its easier to just say to remove all the enchants (offense slots, defense slots, and armor/weapon enchants). Just make sure you take the gear off first. Then remove. Then slot them back in.
    I have 4 reinforcements and only one seems to be adding to my stats. There is no way to unslot them so I can't fix the issue that they are wasted. The unslotting worked for the soulforge but I am still affected by the bug and there is no way to unslot he reinforcements.

The issue is lots of things are affected by this bug and the work around doesn't work for reinforcements. That's also ignoring the fact that its not always obvious when the bug is affecting you. I only found this thread because it was obvious there was an issue with the soulforged and I searched.

• Options

I have 4 reinforcements and only one seems to be adding to my stats. There is no way to unslot them so I can't fix the issue that they are wasted. The unslotting worked for the soulforge but I am still affected by the bug and there is no way to unslot he reinforcements.

The issue is lots of things are affected by this bug and the work around doesn't work for reinforcements. That's also ignoring the fact that its not always obvious when the bug is affecting you. I only found this thread because it was obvious there was an issue with the soulforged and I searched.

The issue was with the triple stat enhancements. Once they are removed, the reinforcement kits should work again. Thats why I said remove the enchants that you can.
  • Options
    So since they aren't working and I already removed and reenchanted both my armor and my main when I first saw this thread, it means some other enchant isn't working and its not cleared up until I can see the reinforcement kits are all adding in?