test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not sure if right category, but here goes.

So I've been having some lag issues, I don't know if it's just my excessive playing, (I love this game) but I've also had a few frozen screens that are preceded by a scratching like and quite concerning sound, apart from the constant crackling that comes with the game. But the game has not crashed, just stops for a couple seconds then comes back. I must know if anyone else has come across this. Let me know
The road to Glory is one with many obstacles
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    euri#6369 euri Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    null
    This happens to quite a bit of people including myself. Some days it's not so bad while others drive me nuts with 30 yard rubber banding. As for that scratching sound yeah wtf. I thought it was my ps4 lol.
  • Options
    Ok I'm glad that it isn't just me, however it still sucks. Hopefully the server reset will help today. Fingers crossed! Thanks euri!
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    It happens later in the week when memory starts to become a problem, usually by Saturday, Sunday and Monday. After reset things are fine until Saturday hits again, for me at least. Tuesday morning is the worst though. Very laggy to the point where soemtimes I don't log into the game until after it resets.
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Yep, I have also had that weird scratchy/buzzing sound - didnt seem to happen before the last patch
  • Options
    null
    Oh alright, this makes sense. I will definitely come back after I log in later.
  • Options
    @terrordactyl I did notice it for the first time after previous patch. I just hope it's not persistent.
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    The sound scared me every time. It sounds like my Playstation is breaking.
  • Options
    Yea I know first time it happened a couple days ago I started freaking out, especially since my ps4 actually overheated once before. There's nothing scarier than the notification saying to turn off the console immediately. Lol I almost had a heart attack. But back to the focus here, ive been playing for about 30 mins now and so far so good! :)
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I've never had mine tell me to turn it off. I didn't know they could over heat. I have heard the fan start going and sound like it was writing overtime.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @xxmightytyrionxx#3699 I have moved this to our Technical Support subforum.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    blockquotee class="Quote" rel="kreatyve">@xxmightytyrionxx#3699 I have moved this to our Technical Support subforum.

Alright, thank you, as I said I wasn't sure where to go. I hope this doesn't become a bigger issue over time. For the time being tho, its working smooth.

• Options
    xxmightytyrionxx#3699 xxmightytyrionxx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I've never had mine tell me to turn it off. I didn't know they could over heat. I have heard the fan start going and sound like it was writing overtime.

Oh man, that's how it started for me, the fan was very loud and constantly running, then one day I was playing the division, I was in the middle of an excursion and the notification popped up. All I remember is it saying the system was overheating and to turn it off to cool down. I've had a small fan on it ever since, and I also took the cover off and replaced it with a bandana, leaving all vent holes open of course. I can't lose my PS4 lol I'm too attached