test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tymora's event sucks

diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Over the time, this event went from great to really bad. The gifts contain nothing but junk. The only exception is profession materials, but they're mostly greens so it's not really that good anyway. The chance to get rough ADs sucks or the amount is too low to be meaningful. Any enchantment under rank 5 feels like an insult at lvl 70. The enchantment itself sucks. There's only junk in what it drops. The potions... Where are the good ones from the celestial coins store? I mostly get vendor trash.

So, cryptic, please stop filling my inventory with such crappy events. I don't need gold or rank 1s and I certainly don't need to waste my time vendoring all the trash this event gives.

Comments

• ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Are you serious? I managed to get 1 Unified Elements out from those.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    it is that RNG that dont like some players and seem to favor the few, some do get lucky, some never get anything, maybe it is a case of "Wi-Flag" syndrome with program code base on character names when they created.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    rng in this game should be reworked severely .. that being said, this has sucked after the first year, because as almost EVERY event they have, items, economy and progression changes, so rewards that were half decent in the first year, are totally not viable by years 2-3 and following.

Basically a event is good once, but they like to run them all the time, without updating them.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

rng in this game should be reworked severely .. that being said, this has sucked after the first year, because as almost EVERY event they have, items, economy and progression changes, so rewards that were half decent in the first year, are totally not viable by years 2-3 and following.

Basically a event is good once, but they like to run them all the time, without updating them.

True dat. They usually don't even bother to update the webpage announcements. Or to sanity check them. This event's announcement called the horse an "Amphail Barded Horse", almost immediately followed by an image showing its name as "Amphail Fancy Horse"; the second one being the correct one.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2016

No. Tymoras, in its first iterations, dropped dragon eggs with regularity. It also provided so much rAD i didn't have to play dungeons for more than a month on an alt. Celestial potions were also much more common. I'm not asking for that exactly, but there's most likely a middle ground.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I remember when the boxes could give 256k AD...
    Post edited by iandarksword on
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    My HR managed 4 Unified Elements and a Dragon Egg.

Yesterday.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    1 Unified Elements, 1 Dragon Egg, 1 Tymoras Coin, and lots of AD in the whole event and I pretty much played 16 hrs a day. Loot table has probably been ninja nerfed in my opinion too.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    My main scored 4 Fool's Crowns today. So not impressed.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

1 Unified Elements, 1 Dragon Egg, 1 Tymoras Coin, and lots of AD in the whole event and I pretty much played 16 hrs a day. Loot table has probably been ninja nerfed in my opinion too.

Yup. Pretty much me. 1 Dragon Egg and 1 Fool Crown. And one Unified Elements before that.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Yup. Pretty much me. 1 Dragon Egg and 1 Fool Crown. And one Unified Elements before that.
    I got 1 egg, and nothing else. Well, I got more coins than seemed usual, and maybe 20k rAD total. But for the amount of monster murdering I did, that's pathetic. It takes years to actually afford that horse.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    lol, long time to earn a horse? i have over a hundred, it is worthless, there noting else on Tymora's merchant that i want, there nothing new.
  • sneak#6191 sneak Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    The drops seemed perfectly fine.. I opened several hundred (possibly thousands) of boxes during the event and the rare drops are rare. There's nothing wrong with that; it makes sense.
    Atodaso@sneak#6191
    Tornado Of Souls