test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with cleric Virtuous feats and boons

I plan on respecing my character soon since i put some feat points into some useless spots. I would like for some help from the end game cleric players about these feats
http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13il314:1uizuj7:1200000:1k0u000&h=0&p=anc&o=0
Here is the new path i plan to take once i respec. Is there anything i should change here?

Also would like to know the recommended boons to take. I want to get the Burning Guidance boon from the Dread ring campaign but i hear it turns you into a agro magnet though the guide i read that from was from mod 6 (ps4 player currently on mod 9 btw)

Comments

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Under the assumption that you want to play AC DC virtuous at end game, I suggest this one:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/dc?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13il314:1u0z0uv:1000000:150uu00&h=0&p=anc&o=0

The build you linked shows that you want to be a healer and the feats points assigned everywhere make me think that you want to be sure that you're a good healer in every condition (emergency or not, when you HoT or not, when you're at full HP or not and so on).
    Imo that's not the best approach: at end-game I assume that you've enough power/crit or enough power/recovery to cover the minumum required to heal which is very low at the moment with good end game parties (good = players who know their class, the best group composition and how to interact - so it's often IL indipendent ).

Under shield of divine, you and your allies are most of the time under HoT and DG is often enough to cover the heals needed. If you need more, you can slot BoH and if you need even more, then slot HW...if you want to go supreme-triple-cheeseburger-with-bacon-souces-tomatoes-salad mode, then slot Healer's lore. In this way you can scale up and down to cover pug teams, low IL groups and end game parties (preferring more buffs than heals in the last case).
    At end game you should improve a bit your buff capabilities with weapons of light.
    I put some points on domain sinergy too: it's just a fallback solution, put them where you prefer because the benefit from domain sinergy is very low.

it's also true that at end game there's the option to go righteous. Many end game DCs are righteous: you find some valuable builds here in the Temple forum.

Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I'm using basically the same feats for the build @rapo973 posted at end game and it works just fine. :) I do think though if I ever get around to running FBI I might have to rethink some things but for everything else in the game I have no trouble.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    superxmario128#6678 superxmario128 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Yeah i'm usually going full healer mode with HW, BoF, and DG. I'm only about IL 1,800 and haven't finished a epic dungeon yet since i've only been doing most of the campaigns though i have attempted some epic dungeons and i can do Kessell's retreat with little to no problems

So it's best to go buff/debuff cleric at end game while only using DG for extra HoT and the other heals only when needed?
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    yep
  • Options
    enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    One point in Cleansing Fire is not enough. One and two points are not enough to proc it often enough. I tried using it with less points before and I clearly noticed the difference between 1, 2 vs. 3 vs. 5 vs. 4. It barely procs at all with such a low point amount. Three points is minimum to get it to proc ok, which I ran most of my early DC time. Five points is the best as it proc'ed just about every time there was a HoT. I use four now and it's enough to for it to proc just fine.

I don't get why you picked Urgent Prayers. From what I've read it doesn't sound good enough when you can shift those points into better feats, such as boosting Purity or Desperate Restoration instead.

Burning Guidance you can take without worry. It doesn't proc as often as it used to on the PC, which turned them into aggro magnets. It was never like that on Xbox when it first appeared and I'd wager it's the same for the PS4.
  • Options
    superxmario128#6678 superxmario128 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Currently i do have cleansing fire at 3 points and it seems to pop up enough that i figured it would happen a decent amount at just one point. That and i didn't think to spend too much in it because i had heard on the fourms that the heals aren't very good on it but i may keep it at 3-5 once i respec. I more than likely will not use urgent prayers since some of the builds i've seen on here don't seem to use it. it's one of the reasons why i'm glad for the help since i really don't know what feats are good or not. originally i had 4 in unbreakable devotion thinking it was something very useful to have but it's really not and i never noticed it blocking damage. Same with divine intervention which only gave out about 1.200 temp hit points which is really pointless
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I didn't bother taking any increase healing feats because I have around 35k power without any bondings. With bondings my power goes far beyond that and gives me % increase healing. I don't think I need any more. Sure- urgent prayers are nice but generally I found that they weren't as useful as Purity and and Cleansing fire. At lower item levels I used urgent prayers but since reaching end game it's not necessary.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.