test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove the EF Resist Requirement from FBI.

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
edited August 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
I am going to be quite clear and concise about this. I am sure most of us are not happy about the EF requirement on FBI, which forces us to acquire gear we do not need or frankly want to get in. We have the ilvl requirement, we can do the dungeon without ANY EF gear, in fact, we can do the dungeon with level 60 armor with no HP on (let alone gear with EF resist) AND we can finish the dungeon within 30 minutes. If you don't believe me, we can video it. I have absolutely 0 interest in spending 100's of thousands of AD on stuff I don't want to get into a dungeon that isn't even going to net a fraction of that value as returns.

Even if the only piece you needed were the empowered boots, it would still cost you 500k AD (the value of the lanolin alone) just to get through the door. You can't argue, "but no, you can just grind that out so it has no value" because it is still the opportunity cost of the next best alternative, which would be putting the lanolin on the AH. And that would be the cost for just 1 character. This is not even counting the cost of every other little thing you will need to get through the door. All in all, its ridiculous and we want it gone.

I don't care if through your internal testing you decided your groups can't finish it with less than that amount. Our groups can, our groups have and we aren't willing to go to such extreme lengths just to get inside the dungeon.
Post edited by thefabricant on

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    This is indeed "interesting", because it means free-to-play players can't enter the content. We're talking strictly free-to-play here, but it's the case. You need Trade Bards to get to the 29%. My impression is that the campaign itself only nets 16% + 5% Potion = 21%, which is not enough.

Am I missing something here?

For everyone else the requirements are cake. Two-piece Frostborn is 8% empowered + 5% Potion + campaign 16% = 29%.​​
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

which one in the campaign it add the 16%??
    please tell me
    I need to enter FBI :((

Let me make it easy for you. Its a game, you dont "need" to do anything. Wanting to do something is another story. I'll share some history, when Icewind Dale came along there was a black ice resistance requirement, it used to be kind of a big deal but as with everything else in the game it was soon irrelevant. You have to set priorities. I for example have limited time to play so Id rather get as much AD as I can every time Im on with minimal effort and Im sure in the long run the extra AD will prove much more beneficial to my character development than the 3100 il dungeon.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    The main issue with this is not need/want. If you have to spend Zen/Tarmalune bars to enter FBI, that is a dramatic change away from Neverwinter's profile as a free to play game.

So far all content in NW has been accessible without spending real money.

The core definition of a pay-to-win game is that the best/highlevel content/gear only is available if you pay.
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    No, they will tell u player still able exchange their ad to zen to purchase key earn Tarmalune bars and the other two body part.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    If they haven't changed the loot rewards from test.. there isn't anything worth having for long term character progression in FBI. It's sad really- I was actually looking forward to a new dungeon.. but this EF resistance requirement is completely off putting and unfortunately familiar.

I think Macbeth had the right idea..
    We are but walking shadows, poor players
    That strut our gear and fret our hours upon this game
    And then are heard no more. Storm King's Thunder is a tale
    Told by Cryptic, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

I'm just getting the boons and passing time. If it's not fun to me I'm not doing it- end of story.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

The main issue with this is not need/want. If you have to spend Zen/Tarmalune bars to enter FBI, that is a dramatic change away from Neverwinter's profile as a free to play game.

So far all content in NW has been accessible without spending real money.

The core definition of a pay-to-win game is that the best/highlevel content/gear only is available if you pay.

Well they finally started selling armor for zen sooo.. I mean come on we all know or should know at least what free to play really is.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    There is already a growing thread discussing this issue. I posted a breakdown of the 'available' ways to boost Everfrost Resistance on Page 3:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1220919/how-long-is-it-supposed-to-take-to-unlock-fangbreakers-island/p3

Following that, one of the devs @asterdahl, said that the requirement would be reduced from 31% to 28%. Clearly, that has been revised up again to 29%. As there is a dev following that thread, it might be better to continue the discussion in there.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I do second every single line from @thefabricant about Everfrost Resistance.

For sure many people with 3100IL will not be able to complete it without that ER level, but some people sure can, so please, let people choose if they want ER or not.

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    If the EF resist requirement is a must, i hope we can craft EF armor/jewel reinforment kits with black ice shaping (armor) and jewelcrafting (accessory) so we are not forced to grind the set and use it to enter FBI only.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    I also totally agree with what @thefabricant says. I have been able to complete all new content this module wearing my HV gear, running around with 40k HP. While I understand that the intention of this was to force players to farm the new content for new gear, imposing such an expensive entrance requirement on players will result in this being yet another piece of content nobody ever bothers with (cough cough leveling dungeons cough cough iwd pvp cough cough SH siege pvp)​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I also second what @thefabricant has said.

Not interested in this gear cycle-- at all.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    There are cheaper ways to get through the door if that's your only concern. Also, this gear has excellent stats, so what's the problem? Keep in mind that the value of crafting mats would be much lower if they were not helping to meet the requirements, so your point is moot.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    diogene0 said:

There are cheaper ways to get through the door if that's your only concern. Also, this gear has excellent stats, so what's the problem?

There actually aren't. I just listed something you have to do to get in. This is excluding looking at stuff like the cost of the reinforcement kits you require, or the alternative which is spending 4750 zen.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    I have no interest in another set of armor that is effectively little better than what I'm using with a hideous total cost of ownership (build/maintain). Having been through the Black Ice stupidity, I see no reason to repeat this. So NO EF resist requirement for FBI.

As things are, I suspect I will have some that I use for 5 minutes at time and take off, which will just make me angry.

I have no interest in another set of armor that is effectively little better than what I'm using with a hideous total cost of ownership (build/maintain). Having been through the Black Ice stupidity, I see no reason to repeat this. So NO EF resist requirement for FBI.

As things are, I suspect I will have some that I use for 5 minutes at time and take off, which will just make me angry.

You're approaching things the wrong way. The point is that the devs want you to spend time to unlock the new content you're supposed to enjoy. The requirements could be 100k voninblod to unlock the thing; the point is making you spend time on the new content. You're not offering any alternatives to the devs so that they do what you want while achieving their goals, thus, it will not happen.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I have made less then 100 posts (new threads) in 3 years of playing, I only do so when I see something so outrageous and egregious that I cannot but help to get it fixed. This is one of those times in the game, HOW or WHY they thought this was a good idea, (and of course not showing us that in preview or telling us that)

This gating mechanic is one of those things, not only will it require you to purchase zen items to enter, it also has a crazy amount of campaign grinding to do so, its both a massive time wall and gate wall. 31% is the max everfrost resistance you can get (apparently) through all its forms, they so graciously lowered it to 28 (or was it 29%) but whatever.. this barely does anything. YOU will still have to buy zen items + POT up to enter (like whhhattt!)

THIS IS MUCH harsher then even the old KR requirement to enter (black ice).

This will cost you some significant AD to enter, FORCE you to change all the gear to enter.

Its like they are punishing us for all the time and gear and money we have spent.

I will not be participating at all in this, I will not acquire this gear to just enter this one dungeon. I thought this WAS given to all of us long time players as a gratz moment, I see how clearly I was wrong, you did nothing of the sort. Its a backhanded rebuke at best.

Frankly, my exceptions is that they are significantly lowered or removed and that you listen to the community on this.

Im really sorry that once again, we have to come to you, to ask for this and that you couldnt see clearly how out of wack this was.
    100% in agreement. Remove it.

Shudders at what these people think of some days.

I am going to be quite clear and concise about this. I am sure most of us are not happy about the EF requirement on FBI, which forces us to acquire gear we do not need or frankly want to get in. We have the ilvl requirement, we can do the dungeon without ANY EF gear, in fact, we can do the dungeon with level 60 armor with no HP on (let alone gear with EF resist) AND we can finish the dungeon within 30 minutes. If you don't believe me, we can video it. I have absolutely 0 interest in spending 100's of thousands of AD on stuff I don't want to get into a dungeon that isn't even going to net a fraction of that value as returns.

Even if the only piece you needed were the empowered boots, it would still cost you 500k AD (the value of the lanolin alone) just to get through the door. You can't argue, "but no, you can just grind that out so it has no value" because it is still the opportunity cost of the next best alternative, which would be putting the lanolin on the AH. And that would be the cost for just 1 character. This is not even counting the cost of every other little thing you will need to get through the door. All in all, its ridiculous and we want it gone.

I don't care if through your internal testing you decided your groups can't finish it with less than that amount. Our groups can, our groups have and we aren't willing to go to such extreme lengths just to get inside the dungeon.

I remember the same topic once posted about black ice. For the record I agree with the notion to remove the EF resistance requirement.
    diogene0 said:

You're approaching things the wrong way. The point is that the devs want you to spend time to unlock the new content you're supposed to enjoy. The requirements could be 100k voninblod to unlock the thing; the point is making you spend time on the new content. You're not offering any alternatives to the devs so that they do what you want while achieving their goals, thus, it will not happen.
    if it was a time gate only, I would be ok with it, but its not , its also a paygate. I dont think you have clearly looked at what they are requiring for us to enter, it could cost you millions and millions of AD to do so.

They have never made both things in the game attributable at the same time.

You simple DO NOT finish he campiagn and enter.. you have to buy things from the zen store and swap out all of your gear.

I AM 100% ok if they wanted us to finish he campaign first, fine by me.
  • lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    Leave it like this and don't run FI, simple
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    In another post (and between the lines), asterdahl said that the devs need time.
    asterdahl said:

Two, it gives us a bit of extra time to make some last minute tweaks based on feedback from our preview server. Endgame content like new dungeons or trials requires a lot of coordination between our departments and usually isn't ready for balancing feedback until late in the development cycle. We're working to try to get this sort of content on preview earlier, but having the extra week or two after a module launches to get those final adjustments and bugfixes in helps to ensure higher quality content.

The ER requitements was announced to be 31%, then it was decrease down to 28%
    asterdahl said:

I spoke with our campaign designer about the required reputation for the boon vs. the dungeon, we've adjusted the entry requirements on Fangbreaker to 28%.

and few hours later it's fixed at 29%.

I suspect that the requirement is a (bad) way to gain time, not for us, but for them because probably they still have something to discuss internally. In the meantime, there's always someone who want to go first and enter FBI as soon as possible and who is willing to pay something to do it.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF

diogene0 said:

if it was a time gate only, I would be ok with it, but its not , its also a paygate. I dont think you have clearly looked at what they are requiring for us to enter, it could cost you millions and millions of AD to do so.

They have never made both things in the game attributable at the same time.

You simple DO NOT finish he campiagn and enter.. you have to buy things from the zen store and swap out all of your gear.

I AM 100% ok if they wanted us to finish he campaign first, fine by me.
    The new gear is fine there's no need to swap anything. Besides, what you call a paygate is just another measure of time. You can either spend this time to do extra work IRL to buy your access, farm worthless items that can't be sold (would that be OK?), or farm items that may be sold. Spending a few hours doing any of these would have the same results, yet, one of these is apparently not acceptable.

I don't mind people asking for reviewing the time sinks in this game, but at least, don't do it with preconceptions and double standards.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Honestly i dont think it's too much, i said this somewhere else before...hm..... anyway supose you have a full protect team, DC faithfull, GF protector, temptation warlock, sentinel gwf(even after the balance of these 2), + another dps the party will progress so slowlly that it will be much harder to make, so even if the diference between 3000 and 3100 is like 5% it will matter a lot. I dont really care about this dungeon, even if the rewards are indeed better per time spent i only pug so most of the times the queue will end up in failure, something like eGWD now, so the rewards that were to be better will be worse for me, beside, the only need of that equipment is that and major HE's solo, 2 dusk set + relic boots + elemental drowcraft piece is more than perfect.

• parovozik86parovozik86 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    REMOVE it! Its beyond ridiculous.

For now to enter FBI we will need to farm campaign to get campaign currency to open FBI, buy gear, get boons. So we will almost close campaign and already have good new gear.
    And WHAT WILL WE GET AS REWARD for finishing FBI? Campaign currency and 8lvl stones!!! But stop!
    What will we do with that currency when we already have Boons,gear and almost finished campaign?
    Its realy ridiculous.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    See that IS 50% of the entire problem, the best way to farm boons is doing FBI, but you cant really farm FBI until have the boons.

WHAT the effing heck , totally ignorant thought system here.