test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long is it supposed to take to Unlock Fangbreaker's Island?

Comments

• thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    @niadan +1000%
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    niadan said:

I guess I am Cryptic's perfect customer. I work for living so can spend on Zen when I so choose. I play a few hours per day (cause I work and have kids). I have been here since beta so am well geared. I am in an awesome guild "win or loose we booze" (cheap promo). So I, like @ironzerg79 am in no rush. If I want more, I grind more. If I am tired of grinding, I do something else...like support my guild/guildies. Not sure why all the angst. Keep Calm and enjoy what you have...or don't and suffer a brain anurism.

Some of us play more than is probably healthy in a day :D. And so, haven't nothing more to do than stuff we've done a thousand times is really frustrating. There was hope that our month to 2 month wait for mod 10 (after finishing up mod 9 stuff) would be rewarded with something interesting early in mod 10.. but no. It'll be maybe a month before anything fun or interesting (HOPEFULLY) will be available to us.

I think the goal in an MMO should be to have a little of something that everyone can enjoy doing (varied content for every player type).. not a lot of something that everyone can do (something so simple that even the most casual player has access to it with little effort or time invested).
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    @niadan Exactly. Best case scenario, we'll have a new module before the end of the year. There's no need to rush through this.

I'll unlock it when I unlock it. I'll have my Frost Resist when I have my frost resist.

But I can also guarantee everyone here that no matter how quickly or slowly I unlock Frostfang, the chances of me being absolutely sick of running it before new content comes out is almost a certainty.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

You can look at your campaign progress and figure it out. After today's dailies, I'm at 134 reputation. It takes 200 to unlock it. So that's 12 dailies at 9 rep, plus two weeklies. So I'm guessing I'll have it unlocked by next weekend.

But your millage may vary depending on your strategy for bypassing the Everfrost requirement.

How are you at 134? I'm only at 125. When did I miss an entire day of reputation? I got my reputation done on the first day of the trainee debacle, so it wasn't that.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited August 2016

qexotic said:

Well, @asterdahl has confirmed that my original total of 32% using the availble items in my list was correct. If you could use two potions at once, that would increase to 37%. So it has to be taken that they do not stack....at least not at present.

A reasonable inference, yes. (This does mean the regular potion is easily acquired in quantity.)

My reasonable inference turns out to be wrong. After reading through @thefabricant's detailed run down of the Mod 10 requirements (excellent stuff, well worth checking out), I took the time to pop over to the Preview Server and test out the potions. It turns out they can be stacked. So you can have both the regular Potion of Everfrost Resist and the Excavator's Potion of Everfrost Resist active at the same time giving you 10% of Everfrost Resist. Of course, the cost of the Excavator's version makes this a little expensive in terms of Voninblod usage, though it can also be picked up off the AH quite cheaply for now.

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    qexotic said:

qexotic said:

Well, @asterdahl has confirmed that my original total of 32% using the availble items in my list was correct. If you could use two potions at once, that would increase to 37%. So it has to be taken that they do not stack....at least not at present.

A reasonable inference, yes. (This does mean the regular potion is easily acquired in quantity.)

My reasonable inference turns out to be wrong. After reading through @thefabricant's detailed run down of the Mod 10 requirements (excellent stuff, well worth checking out), I took the time to pop over to the Preview Server and test out the potions. It turns out they can be stacked. So you can have both the regular Potion of Everfrost Resist and the Excavator's Potion of Everfrost Resist active at the same time giving you 10% of Everfrost Resist. Of course, the cost of the Excavator's version makes this a little expensive in terms of Voninblod usage, though it can also be picked up off the AH quite cheaply for now.

I wanted to clear the confusion that might be being caused by the way Excavator's Potion of Everfrost Resist displays its buff effects on the buff bar. Upon drinking an excavator's potion you'll be granted 2 separate buffs, Everfrost Resistance and Ostorian Excavator. The former is the same buff regardless of its source, the excavator potion or the standard potion. The latter buff is only granted by the excavator's potion.

Because the two buffs feature the two different potion icons, if you were to drink the standard potion then the excavator's potion and not closely examine the description of the two buffs, it could be confusing and construed as the effects of both potions stacking. The functionality of these potions changed during development and in order to preserve the effect of not being able to accidentally overwrite the excavator's effect with the lesser potion, this somewhat confusing situation arose.

I've passed along the feedback and we'll look at seeing whether improvements can be made to clarity.

• greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    @asterdahl if all the issues brought forth in this thread you singled out a silly buff stacking issue? Can you give answers or feedback about the rest of the complaints about mod 10?

I'm sure that would be greatly appreciated!

edited August 2016

@asterdahl if all the issues brought forth in this thread you singled out a silly buff stacking issue? Can you give answers or feedback about the rest of the complaints about mod 10?

I'm sure that would be greatly appreciated!

In all fairness to @asterdahl that small issue is actually quite important in terms of reaching the required target of 28% of Everfrost Resistance. If the potions stacked you get a very useful 10% but they don't so you only get 5%. that 5% is quite a significant amount to replace from the limited range of available/accessible items that provide any resistance.

I would like to see some of the other concerns addressed as well but think it is a good thing he took the time to clarify how these potions work :)

• greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Sure it's definitely useful clarification but come on. There are serious issues with this module and the only dev post I've personally seen clarified how potions stack...

I know their hands are tied on what they can fix and I bet most of the developers knew all of these issues would cause problems with the player base. I am trying to believe that they were forced to implement these knuckleheaded ideas by someone else - a 'suit' that doesn't even play the game. They couldn't think making a worse grind than mod 3 was a good idea could they?

I wasn't even playing back then but the way people talk it did not sit well with most players. To reuse that failed mechanic can't possibly be what the actual creators came up with, could it? Is the game in that bad a state?

I hope there are some serious discussions going on behind the curtain and they will make the right decisions to keep people playing. A good chunk of the players I interact with on Xbox are watching this train wreck and are starting to think about quitting the game entirely... The devs have got to get a handle on this soon...
    edited August 2016

I wasn't even playing back then but the way people talk it did not sit well with most players. To reuse that failed mechanic can't possibly be what the actual creators came up with, could it? Is the game in that bad a state?

Please comment on something you actually know about. Otherwise you just parrot the parrots that say "well, my friend said... blah blah blah". Some people are just stupid... whether they are our friends or not. And their judgment should always be taken with a grain of salt.

I personally Started this game in Mod 3. If I remember correctly... Black Ice Gear was only PvP gear. Or at least that was the BIS PvP Gear and the main motivation to farm it. Maybe I'm forgetting the pve gear... idk. But, at any rate.. it was OPTIONAL gear. Not essential to completing content. I don't think Relic Gear is supposed to replace your Full Time Gear.. nor do i think it SHOULD. Thankfully we still have use for Dragonflight gear and guilds still have DF as a motivator for building their SH and getting Fangs for it too.

I don't think this MASSIVE grind is right.. it feels like the Devs are completely out of touch with what is ENJOYABLE in MMO's. Completing long term goals are an ESSENTIAL part of MMO life, but not without some ACTUAL benefit that is worth the effort. To make Mod 10 ALLLLLLLL about Fangbreaker's Island was a huge mistake. If this is all they give us to do for Mod 10.... shame on them

I continue to think about it and try to take a wait a see attitude in regards to whether the grind will be worth it, but, the question remains. WHY should we take part in Storm King's Thunder?

@asterdahl did the Devs ever ask themselves this question? Why will our loyal customers WANT to play this content? Are we giving them any motivation or are we just giving them more WORK to do? (or is it that you only focus on New Clients since they have the most need to spend Money on Zen for their entirely new accounts?)

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Clearly, we all want to go to Fangbreaker Island because we're emotionally invested in the characters of the arc.

I'm actually somewhat annoyed that it looks like the story's resolution is locked behind party gated content?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Clearly, we all want to go to Fangbreaker Island because we're emotionally invested in the characters of the arc.

I'm actually somewhat annoyed that it looks like the story's resolution is locked behind party gated content?

Somedev dropped a hint (maybe in preview feedback) that it wouldn't necessarily end however it ended for solo players forever. I think we can expect an expansion on this expansion, and the campaign UI has space for it too.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to reach Cold Run today or not as I have no idea anymore if my reputation is sufficient, or will be.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited August 2016

I was about to write a post about how the Devs were doing something wrong.... but... in the course of writing it.. I realized something. Even if this Mod only ever offered nothing more than storyline progression, then it's no more evil than an author writing a Novel or book. People pay money for books, right? Of course, they don't pay hundreds of dollars for them and (to be fair) can't actually progress their own characters in the book. So then, the problem then resides in the area of expectations.

What do WE as the player base EXPECT from an MMO. This game isn't actually a traditional MMO, because of the Free to Play model financial model. So, there must be some extra level of Time Sinks and Money Sinks to make the service being provided profitable to the providers.

Thinking about this issue from that angle... the Devs aren't nearly as "evil" as most of the most vocal of the player base would assert.

With all that in mind though... there are 2 issues that must still be addressed.

1. The Consumers must ask themselves is the service being provided the service they actually want to Consume (pay time or money into). Is this game company giving them something they can not or will not be able to find elsewhere at a better value. If we (the devs and the players) are going to be all about money then we have to think more black and white and take emotion out of the equation. Is this a quality product based on what we WANT from this type of product.

2. The Devs (and their bosses) must ask themselves if their product is the best it can be for both short term and long term profit generation. Is what is desired by their clients being provided in a manner that is both desired by their clients and profitable (or at least sustainable) to their company. Is the Companies long term relationship/REPUTATION with their clients being helped or harmed by the current state of the product.

Looking at NW this way makes it seem some of the decisions made in the most recent mods are more Game Company centered choices. Mod 7-9 seems to be more about quality of life and adding more systems into the game that are mutually beneficial to Gamers and the Game Company... even when considering the issues I've mentioned above. In mods 7-9 there was more of a give and take element to the content.

However... Mod 10 is looking to be more take/take. OFC.. we haven't even gotten to see the final product of FBI... and we haven't gotten to see the Final Loot System they will provide in FBI... EVERYTHING about this Mod will come down to that.. is what we pay (TIME being a commodity most precious than any other) going to be equal to what we receive. If we receive sufficient amounts of "fun", toon/guild progression, story-line progression (for those who like the interactive story-telling side of things).. or w/e else that people consider a good return, then the mod and game will be successful in the mnds of the Player base.

The Game Company has only one measure of success though... does it make them enough money. And that's not evil in itself. In my opinion, what makes it evil or not is HOW they get their money. Do they sneakily or manipulatively make their clients docile or unable to defend themselves like criminals do and then pick their pockets or rob their homes? Or do they respectfully provide a good service that is worth paying for. Do they generate a feeling from the player base of being trapped into one linear path with no other option but to pay (with TIME or Money) or just not have access to the services being offered for the next few months?

None of this is easy to evaluate in a JUST and Fair way... less easy for the game Company, I think.. since their motive is one thing.. and ours is so varied. But, that is something they CHOSE to take on as a burden... and they benefit the most in real-world terms... their families are fed and taken care of by what happens in this game more than the Players'. Cumulatively though.. their is more at risk in time and money, etc on the side of the players.

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Somedev dropped a hint (maybe in preview feedback) that it wouldn't necessarily end however it ended for solo players forever. I think we can expect an expansion on this expansion, and the campaign UI has space for it too.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to reach Cold Run today or not as I have no idea anymore if my reputation is sufficient, or will be.

I missed a day myself somewhere, so I'll be hitting CR after the next rollover. I'm enjoying the mod, albeit with the caveat that I have already decided I will likely never do FBI while the resistance requirement is there and the grind is so heavy. It'll just let me mix up my daily activities with some slightly newer content to repeat, and eventually earn a few boons with admittedly too little benefit per grind, and maybe there will be some event in the story that amuses me (like running from that dragon in Maze Engine).
  • coldfire473coldfire473 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    qexotic said:

I thought I would revisit my list of 'obtainable' items with a few caveats.

Easy to get:

2nd Boon = 2% (just takes time)
    Potion of Everfrost Resist (Blue bottle) = 5%
    Excavator's Potion of Everfrost Resist = 5% (but potions don't stack anymore)

Hard to get:

Trailblazer's Raid Gaiters, i.e. Epic Boots dropped from Major HEs in Bryn Shander (Maxed) = 8% (The drop rate on this may be 'reasonable' but getting together a group to run the large HEs successfully is not easy)
    (4th Boon = 2% but doesn't count as you need 350 Reputation which is more than you need to reach FBI)

Uncertain as I do not know where you find/buy/obtain them:

Makos' Signet = 3% (downgrade to gear due to Utility slot rather than Defense)
    Greater Everfrost Trousers, i.e. Epic Undergarment = 3% (Store item maybe ? But cost unknown)
    Greater Everfrost Undercoat, i.e. Epic Undergarment = 3% (Store item maybe ? But cost unknown)
    Cawl Cennin (soup ?) = 2% (SH item ? Unobtainable to players not in a Guild)

Could be made of unobtainium:

Everfrost Resist Armor Kit = 3% = 6% when applied to both undergarments (if these are new Profession tasks then they will be out of reach for a lot of players unless the requirements are drastically reduced. The 100k AD main ingredient for similar Armor Kits that can already be made puts them out of reach of a large number of players. Getting the Profession up to 25 can also be a stumbling block but essentially is just another 'takes a lot of time' item)

If anyone has more information or disagrees with my assessments, please feel free to chime in :)

Makos' Signet = 3%, for completing the Cold Run starter zone series (Easy to get, then)
    Everfrost Resist Armor Kit = 3% = 4K vorinblood + 35 tradesupplies after you unlock the second store through the Assist Refuges task (and price drops as you increase the store, of course) (Easy to get, just time to farm the trade supplies)
    Second Boon = 2%, You should have this by the time you're thinking about FBI
    Potion resist = 5%, You should have this by the time you're thinking about FBI

Frostborn Raid Shoes = 4% at T3, bought in Trade Bar Store for 65 bars
    Frostborn Raid Chest = 5% at T3, bought in Trade Bar Store for 80 bars
    Frostborn Raid Cap = 4% at T3, received when you buy the Rhemorhaz companion
    Frostborn Raid Gloves = 4% at T3, received when you buy 20 key pack from the Zen market
    (Fully debatable on ease of obtaining these-you can get the two Zen market items for about 2 million AD. Your ease of obtaining trade bars depends on things like VIP status/ability to farm Zen)

If you get lucky on the HE drop boots, then you can get into FBI pretty easy if you also have a source of AD/Zen/Keys. Without the drop, but if you have the AD/Zen/Keys, you can get in about the same time as you unlock FBI with the addition of an EF Armor kit or the guild food. If you have trouble with obtaining AD/Zen/Keys, it's going to be a wait until you get the shirts/pants unlocked, I believe.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User

qexotic said:

I thought I would revisit my list of 'obtainable' items with a few caveats.

Easy to get:

2nd Boon = 2% (just takes time)
    Potion of Everfrost Resist (Blue bottle) = 5%
    Excavator's Potion of Everfrost Resist = 5% (but potions don't stack anymore)

Hard to get:

Trailblazer's Raid Gaiters, i.e. Epic Boots dropped from Major HEs in Bryn Shander (Maxed) = 8% (The drop rate on this may be 'reasonable' but getting together a group to run the large HEs successfully is not easy)
    (4th Boon = 2% but doesn't count as you need 350 Reputation which is more than you need to reach FBI)

Uncertain as I do not know where you find/buy/obtain them:

Makos' Signet = 3% (downgrade to gear due to Utility slot rather than Defense)
    Greater Everfrost Trousers, i.e. Epic Undergarment = 3% (Store item maybe ? But cost unknown)
    Greater Everfrost Undercoat, i.e. Epic Undergarment = 3% (Store item maybe ? But cost unknown)
    Cawl Cennin (soup ?) = 2% (SH item ? Unobtainable to players not in a Guild)

Could be made of unobtainium:

Everfrost Resist Armor Kit = 3% = 6% when applied to both undergarments (if these are new Profession tasks then they will be out of reach for a lot of players unless the requirements are drastically reduced. The 100k AD main ingredient for similar Armor Kits that can already be made puts them out of reach of a large number of players. Getting the Profession up to 25 can also be a stumbling block but essentially is just another 'takes a lot of time' item)

If anyone has more information or disagrees with my assessments, please feel free to chime in :)

Makos' Signet = 3%, for completing the Cold Run starter zone series (Easy to get, then)
    Everfrost Resist Armor Kit = 3% = 4K vorinblood + 35 tradesupplies after you unlock the second store through the Assist Refuges task (and price drops as you increase the store, of course) (Easy to get, just time to farm the trade supplies)
    Second Boon = 2%, You should have this by the time you're thinking about FBI
    Potion resist = 5%, You should have this by the time you're thinking about FBI

Frostborn Raid Shoes = 4% at T3, bought in Trade Bar Store for 65 bars
    Frostborn Raid Chest = 5% at T3, bought in Trade Bar Store for 80 bars
    Frostborn Raid Cap = 4% at T3, received when you buy the Rhemorhaz companion
    Frostborn Raid Gloves = 4% at T3, received when you buy 20 key pack from the Zen market
    (Fully debatable on ease of obtaining these-you can get the two Zen market items for about 2 million AD. Your ease of obtaining trade bars depends on things like VIP status/ability to farm Zen)

If you get lucky on the HE drop boots, then you can get into FBI pretty easy if you also have a source of AD/Zen/Keys. Without the drop, but if you have the AD/Zen/Keys, you can get in about the same time as you unlock FBI with the addition of an EF Armor kit or the guild food. If you have trouble with obtaining AD/Zen/Keys, it's going to be a wait until you get the shirts/pants unlocked, I believe.
    Are you real about the people being forced to buy the companion or the useless keys? After the year I've got premium and using over 300 keys, something I have perfectly clear is that I will never spend a dime on keys. What is obtaniable after some farming are the rooted boots, I already got mines and I'm nothing like hardcore grinder. Frostborn gear is not obtainable without zen, that means if they put it as a requirement the game move finally as P2P. There are more option not just open the wallet.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Not that I will be running it - but to answer the original question: Tomorrow.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Can I assume that everyone here is over 3.1k+ IL? Looking forward to look at the loots you've obtained since I can't play the dungeon myself.
    kvet said:

Not that I will be running it - but to answer the original question: Tomorrow.

At the risk of breaking Guild Rule 2 >:) , that is not the answer to the orignal question set by this thread which is/was:

How long is it supposed to take to unlock Fangbreaker's Island ?

You have answered the question:

When will you unlock Fangbreaker's Island ?

To answer the original question, you need to say how long it has taken you to reach the point where you can give the answer 'Tomorrow' to the additional question I just posed o:)

• jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User

Spoiler Alert:

It is not.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I will have it opened on sunday for a couple of toons.. but I wont have the resistance required.. I do have boots (but not restored) on two toons.

My issue isnt the gating on resistance, its the needed lanolin and the vblood, both things that require to run around and do nothing but hes or find relics thingies.

I simply hate doing that sort of stuff. .loatheeeeeee it. Hence while some of my guildies will be first ones in, I will be another week, as I slowly get those things.

gawd, it makes me want to quit the game even think about it.

I wish they would drop the gating requirement, if people want ot get that gear.. fine by me, but forcing us to get it, when we all know we will be removing most of it.. is just bad, terrible design.

or at least drop it down to 12%.. this is just a couple pieces of frostburn ring /soup and potion .. I can live with that..

BTW you dont have to pay to get in, you can do it without it, but it will take additional time thats for sure.

• asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    tomiotar said:

Are you real about the people being forced to buy the companion or the useless keys?

While coldfire is suggesting a potential path to meeting the resistance requirement, as it has been mentioned numerous times on earlier pages, there is a path to meet the requirements that does not involve making any zen market purchases.

My issue isnt the gating on resistance, its the needed lanolin and the vblood, both things that require to run around and do nothing but hes or find relics thingies.

While you cannot directly purchase relics or voninblod, if you wish you can purchase lanolin from other players on the auction house.

or at least drop it down to 12%..

The number is tuned based around what is a reasonable amount of damage to be taking from standard and boss encounters in Fangbreaker. We have no immediate plans to further lower the number. If in the future, we make the resistance requirement less stringent, it will be by increasing the availability of resistance, not lowering this number. But again, there are no short term plans to adjust this.

They couldn't think making a worse grind than mod 3 was a good idea could they?

To reuse that failed mechanic can't possibly be what the actual creators came up with, could it? Is the game in that bad a state?

I think there's a slight misunderstanding about why black ice damage resistance was removed, and this is in large part due to the manner in which the restriction was lifted as well as the team's communication about it at the time. So I'd like to apologize for the misconceptions that may have created.

There was always a plan for the black ice damage resistance to be removed. We knew that at one point, the restriction would no longer be relevant as we had moved past that content. It would be unreasonable to require everyone to earn a special set of equipment to run content that was a year or two old when the current content required no such resistances, and generally provided better rewards.

We got a lot of feedback, both for and against during and after Module 3, but when we looked at the data for how many players were actually playing the system overtime, both during and after Module 3, it was a success overall. Of course, there were certain problems areas that we noticed when playing, and that we received a great deal of feedback on.

The everfrost resistance system and relic armor share a number of common factors with black ice, however, we also made a number of adjustments based on feedback and data. For one, gathering voninblod and maintaining your equipment has been balanced to be easier than black ice. Secondly, although everyone can gain access to the relic footwear, the majority of the chargeable set that may be earned through in-game content is targeted at only the highest tier of players. This is doubly true regarding the need for any sort of resistance requirement, as only Fangbreaker has such a requirement.

We've also made sure that the relic equipment provides competitive stats even when fully discharged and should be more than strong enough to warrant wearing over alternatives. While you are certainly welcome to sit out Fangbreaker Island, bear in mind that if you choose to invest in working on your relic armor, your investment will not be immediately invalidated. We have no plans to ease the everfrost resistance requirement while Fangbreaker is still highly relevant content.

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    And @asterdahl drops the mic.

PS I will be running FBI and think you guys did a hell of a good job on the module.
    edited September 2016
    @asterdahl. One thing remains true. and pretty consistently communicated by most players that I talk to (they are more reasonable than most). If the rewards from FBI are not worth the effort put into reaching farming capacity in FBI.. then it will not be ran more than a few times. Now, the EFFORT put into farming FBI means all the time for doing the campain, farming the resources for relic gear.. AND farming Voniblood. That's ALOT of effort for access to one dungeon. So the rewards really should be substantial. Obviously offering Rank 10-12 enchants in the chest would hurt more people than it would help, but... my idea about Lockbox multi-choice packs being a possible loot has been ignored (or at least not commented on) by you before in this thread.

I do know that having Relic gear COULD make every other dungeon farmable faster... which in a way is a hidden reward for the effort invested in Relic Gear. So, the Devs don't neccessarily have to offer massive rewards in FBI to be fair, BUT.. if using Relic in other dungeons means we have to invest more time into farming Voniblood than we save doing the other content with it, then there will be an imbalance that is far from fair.

In your response above, and in looking at how the Devs have handled new content after a few months.. I suspect that Voniblood accessibility will be increased (with enough time) making the Relic gear certainly worth the investment long term. As long as the gear isn't made obsolete too soon.

Assuming you guys are not morons or diabolical people (lol). The way things are being done seems to indicate that you have very long term plans for Relic Gear and FBI that aren't just about Relic Gear and FBI.. I hope.

It would be nice for guys to finally build into the content elements that actually compliment other content, instead of making things obsolete, irrelevant, or mutually exclusive fairly quickly. :D.

And btw.. reducing the Resistence to Everfrost requirment would be rediculous. Earlier today we tried FBI again (on the test server) with Relic Gear, level 20 guild boons, and 3200 IL or so... and we got WRECKED by the giants.. lol. There's no way people are going to be able to just breeze through with less EF Resist. Unless they get really stupid high numbers with their Bonding stones.. lol. But even then...

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    If we go in-depth about BI vs. EF it's fair to note that the state of the game has drastically changed. In Mod 3 grinding Black Ice was meh, but to be honest there wasn't much else to do anyway. The campaign dailies outside the daily lair in Dread Ring held little value, so you could pretty much exclusively spend your time in IWD.

Today it's a whole different story. Strongholds, Refining war, countless dailies... players do not need another task added to their daily routine. And it's not even the empowerment, keys for Fangbreaker to get more efficiency out of your runs are 4,000 Voninblod as well (although it looks like the availability is capped by Ten-Towns Supplies).

So my key request remains that you should be able to maintain your sets by running FBI. Just hand out sufficient Voninblod from bosses and chests. If that's already the case, my apologies, but my understanding currently is that you have to hunt for Relics.

Second, I don't think people will just switch to Frostborn or Relic completely even if the sets do give "competitive stats even when fully discharged". It's simply not going to happen. You won't let gear drain in content that doesn't warrant it, because it just adds to the time you need to grind Voninblod. If people fail to see that the reality will be two armor sets that you switch depending on the content, I don't know what to say. It's so obvious.​​