test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long is it supposed to take to Unlock Fangbreaker's Island?

Comments

• eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I've have yet to see the boots drop from an HE. I swear the RNG in this game kills me everyday just a little at a time.
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    ribbs1 said:

Eww, your boots are rotten. Do they smell?

Rotten boots with lanolin and resin rubbed all over, yuck. Your going to get swamp foot. Hopefully voninblod is a disinfectant.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    sm0ld3r said:

two30 said:

You get 9 reputation from the daily quest "Defending the Dale".
    You get 4 reputation from the Bryn Shander weekly quest "Blizzard's Return".
    You get 4 reputation from the Lonelywood weekly quest "Tending the Shrine".
    You get 4 reputation from the Cold Run weekly quest "Out of Supplies".

I don't think you can do all of these on the same day (Blizzard + Tending).
    I did, a couple of days ago.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    And they're both available each Monday.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

One, there is an everfrost resistance requirement on Fangbreaker Island....

P.S. We're aware of an issue wherein on live right now there are no everfrost resistance requirements displaying on the queue. For those wondering the requirement is 31% and it should be visible by the time the queue is available. I apologize for any inconvenience the display issue has caused.

You'll have plenty of time to balance the dungeon.. That I don't doubt. Years even. I am completely uninterested in doing content that is gated behind Everfrost Resistance. Are you actually making the loot any better or is this still rank 8s and some seals?

Remember Kessels Retreat Black Ice Resistance? Been there done that no thank you. I'm beginning to think I'm meant to chase an invisible carrot.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    boots are in fishing holes, i tell ya, so many lost boots!

yeah, i gave up trying to get black ice gauntlet in several weeks and got burnout, and almost 2 yrs later, they are sold on NPC vendor. devs still not getting that RNG right way, RNG need to get retired for good.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    wylonus said:

boots are in fishing holes, i tell ya, so many lost boots!

yeah, i gave up trying to get black ice gauntlet in several weeks and got burnout, and almost 2 yrs later, they are sold on NPC vendor. devs still not getting that RNG right way, RNG need to get retired for good.

Perhaps there's a quest we haven't seen yet. "Many of our refugees don't have many clothes. We're especially short on boots..."
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Could @asterdahl please explain why the Everfrost Resistance requirement has been revised upwards to 29% ? The only way to achieve this, without getting the officially non-essential Frostborn Armour, is to get everything on the list(s) I posted previously but to not locate Makos' Signet or not buy and equip one of the undergarment items with an Everfrost Resist Armor Kit.

Also, obtaining the Epic Restorable boots is currently a great way to burn-out players. Zerg running HEs is the only way to obtain them but this is not fun, not enjoyable, not entertaining and a great way to leave players not wanting to continue playing. My experience of this over the last couple of days has given me one set of boots in return for several hours of running around in circles mindlessly killing everything that moved. As a result, today I don't even feel like doing a laid back fishing quest or anything else but I still have two more characters to equip with boots. My natural instinct is to give up and just pick up a couple of Tradebar pieces next week during the 20% sale.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Could @asterdahl please explain why the Everfrost Resistance requirement has been revised upwards to 29% ? The only way to achieve this, without getting the officially non-essential Frostborn Armour, is to get everything on the list(s) I posted previously but to not locate Makos' Signet or not buy and equip one of the undergarment items with an Everfrost Resist Armor Kit.

Also, obtaining the Epic Restorable boots is currently a great way to burn-out players. Zerg running HEs is the only way to obtain them but this is not fun, not enjoyable, not entertaining and a great way to leave players not wanting to continue playing. My experience of this over the last couple of days has given me one set of boots in return for several hours of running around in circles mindlessly killing everything that moved. As a result, today I don't even feel like doing a laid back fishing quest or anything else but I still have two more characters to equip with boots. My natural instinct is to give up and just pick up a couple of Tradebar pieces next week during the 20% sale.

Well, you seem to be making the mistake of thinking a game that allows you to have upwards of 50 characters is a game that is actually friendly to alts. Though you'd be far from the only one to do so, and to then be upset by how much the game design hates you. Although even on one character it still feels tedious. The boons require such obscene amounts of blood that about the only thing that made the idea of running the same 3 HE's over and over and over even seem okay is collecting the blood. But it's actually a pretty pathetic amount of blood for the effort and time involved, thanks the obscene amounts you need (30 epic HE's for the second boon alone).

As far as I can tell, there's no reason for anyone to run this dungeon other than bragging rights, and even that is hidden behind grindy RNG gates. The armor sets seem to have been designed around giving you the stats you don't really want, and giving you set bonuses that have next to zero use outside of the campaign (and also cause you to sacrifice stats from other set bonuses).
    zibadawa said:

qexotic said:

Well, you seem to be making the mistake of thinking a game that allows you to have upwards of 50 characters is a game that is actually friendly to alts. Though you'd be far from the only one to do so, and to then be upset by how much the game design hates you. Although even on one character it still feels tedious. The boons require such obscene amounts of blood that about the only thing that made the idea of running the same 3 HE's over and over and over even seem okay is collecting the blood. But it's actually a pretty pathetic amount of blood for the effort and time involved, thanks the obscene amounts you need (30 epic HE's for the second boon alone).

As far as I can tell, there's no reason for anyone to run this dungeon other than bragging rights, and even that is hidden behind grindy RNG gates. The armor sets seem to have been designed around giving you the stats you don't really want, and giving you set bonuses that have next to zero use outside of the campaign (and also cause you to sacrifice stats from other set bonuses).
    You could well be right. I have three characters to keep the game interesting. Each is a different class that requires a different approach to complete the same content. If I only had one class to play, it would be deadly dull and I would have stopped playing a long, long time ago.

You are absolutely correct about the Voninblod requirements. Just to get the five boons will take 65000 Voninblod plus 280 Secrets of Ostoria and 175 Ten Towns' Supplies. Combine that with the other Campaign requirements and the need to maintain the level of Everfrost Resistance in your chosen empowerable armour if you want to visit Fangbreaker Island (to get just the boots to the required 8% means they have to be maxed out which takes 6000 Voninblod) and the whole Mod 10 campaign starts to look like an impossible task not really worth bothering with.

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    The new requirements remind me of the amount of Linu's favor needed for the last two WoD boons - not worth my time honestly. I like the new area but I think someone added an extra 0 or two when typing in the advancement requirements.

Empowering armor has proven to be a failed experiment. Why bring it back?

Was the new dungeon created for the sole purpose of giving a few top tier people something to spend money/time on?
    I aim to misbehave
  • shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    worst thing for me is, that it doesnt end with maxing out the boots.
    and im not even talking about maxing out a whole set.
    i saw that the frostburn stuff starts with t2 and expires after one hour, back to t1.
    does that mean, that hours of he grind is needed, to get the stuff to t3 for just one hour, again and again?
    idk, how many voninblood comes from fangbreaker, but this whole upgrade thing looks like a major design flaw
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

worst thing for me is, that it doesnt end with maxing out the boots.
    and im not even talking about maxing out a whole set.
    i saw that the frostburn stuff starts with t2 and expires after one hour, back to t1.
    does that mean, that hours of he grind is needed, to get the stuff to t3 for just one hour, again and again?
    idk, how many voninblood comes from fangbreaker, but this whole upgrade thing looks like a major design flaw

/THIS!!
    One hour? Fail. Sry. This absolutely needs a closer look from devs.
    Feedback was given for them to 'Not do this thing' on test server. They completely did the thing anyway and added a EF resistance requirement that wasn't on test server. There reason is 'Welp can't fix it now' even though I'm pretty certain other than people who play this game like it's their job and pay this game like it's their flesh peddler aren't really interested in the idea of grinding our eyes out of our sockets doing HEs (Which I am absolutely burnt out on entirely) to run a dungeon that gives you rewards less valuable than Wanderer's Fortune. 1 Flawless Sapphire. :o It's like they don't want people to play their game? Sure.. you can do it because it's fun.. and play to 'have fun' I guess.. but if I want to do something for fun and expect no reward in this game.. I could simply not do it at all.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• mordecai24mordecai24 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Why do the Dev's make the same mistake over and over again this is just like IWD, I take that back it's even more annoying
    The first campaign you can't complete just by doing the campaign.

Plus like people have said the rewards from FangBanger are not worth it.

Also i don't like being told what gear i need to get just to enter a dungeon :(
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I agree. Gating the content behind an iLevel, a campaign AND the Everfrost requirement is a little steep.

My suggestion would be to up the Everfrost damage in Fangbreaker Island, but also up the resistance on all the pieces.

Increase all the Everfrost damage by 50% in the dungeon, but double the resistance on all the sources. Then let players decide how much Everfrost resistance they really need to complete the dungeon.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

The boots are not that hard to get from the HEs. If you get a good group going in BS, you'll get them within an hour or so. I'd do it now though before the horde moves on.
    I

I've done 3 hours in HE groups...nada hint of boots...black ice all over again...although at least this time you can easily jump to the next HE

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User

I agree. Gating the content behind an iLevel, a campaign AND the Everfrost requirement is a little steep.

My suggestion would be to up the Everfrost damage in Fangbreaker Island, but also up the resistance on all the pieces.

Increase all the Everfrost damage by 50% in the dungeon, but double the resistance on all the sources. Then let players decide how much Everfrost resistance they really need to complete the dungeon.

There's one big problem though, with the current dungeon design rules, only the tank is supposed to take damage from non special attacks, which means that it would still make everfrost resistance pointless.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    diogene0 said:

There's one big problem though, with the current dungeon design rules, only the tank is supposed to take damage from non special attacks, which means that it would still make everfrost resistance pointless.

Having done the dungeon on test a few times, I disagree. There's plenty of AOE damage to go around.

But if a player is so good that they avoid taking any damage, then I applaud their skill and kudos to them for not needing Everfrost Resistance. :smiley:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    I am no stranger to the grind. If however the loot in FBI isnt worth all of this I'll be quitting the game. No threats, no warnings, just removing myself from my current guild and uninstalling. Thats all.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited August 2016

diogene0 said:

Having done the dungeon on test a few times, I disagree. There's plenty of AOE damage to go around.

But if a player is so good that they avoid taking any damage, then I applaud their skill and kudos to them for not needing Everfrost Resistance. :smiley:
    As a potential healer I already have a couple ideas on how to make this possible by default by increasing everyone's damage resistance to absurd levels, but that doesn't mean I'm really excited at the idea of healing a dps character panicking and running all over the place instead of focusing on the team and the tank. The point is, I like running content with a wide variety of players, but if I can't politely ask people to get some EF resistance to make my experience less stressful and more enjoyable because they don't own the said gear, that's not something I'm looking forward.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    qexotic said:

Could @asterdahl please explain why the Everfrost Resistance requirement has been revised upwards to 29% ?

The requirement is 28% in game and Strumslinger has updated the patch notes. I'm currently working with our production team to discern why the patch note listed 29%, as the only adjustments that were made were from 31% to 28%. Rest assured we will not be adjusting the everfrost resistance value up over 28%. I'd like to apologize for the confusion this patch note has caused.

• silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Whew! only 28%, i was worried there for a second that it might be absurdly high.
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    ribbs1 said:

They just saved us a month of grinding with this change. You should be kissing their ring.

That's like saying, they could have shot you, lucky they only stabbed you. HAHA
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
    asterdahl said:

qexotic said:

Could @asterdahl please explain why the Everfrost Resistance requirement has been revised upwards to 29% ?

The requirement is 28% in game and Strumslinger has updated the patch notes. I'm currently working with our production team to discern why the patch note listed 29%, as the only adjustments that were made were from 31% to 28%. Rest assured we will not be adjusting the everfrost resistance value up over 28%. I'd like to apologize for the confusion this patch note has caused.

Many thanks for the update and explanation. 28% is still going to be a hard target to reach and maintain and probably out of reach for anything other than a single character. Just how hard will not be known for certain until the costs of the new Everfrost Undergarments and Everfrost Armor Kits are known. Even the 2% for the new soup is only going to be available to a limited number of players due to the requirement to be in a guild and the level of guild needed for it to be in the SH store.