test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seals of Triumph change is a massive fail

feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
edited August 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Giving 60 seals of triumph, i.e. 3000 glory when traded in for badges (if badges had been changes to 50 glory apiece, since 60x250=15,000 would obviously be too much), each day, would have made a great deal of sense. It would have eased the awful refinement grind by letting players buy feeder artifacts at a reasonable pace instead of the current awful drudgery. Buying salvageable items with glory more quickly would also have eased the nerf to invocation AD and loot salvage AD. Instead, we get a 1/60 value nerf on a double glory weekend to all the hard-earned seals of triumph we'd saved, one match at a time. I'm not impressed.

But at least since it's a double glory weekend I only got cheated out of 32,750 glory instead of 33,750.

You owe us.
Post edited by feanor70118 on

Comments

• Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    If you haven't noticed, Cryptic is actively making refinement harder, more expensive, and more time consuming to do. And making PvP a good channel for salvage is something I don't think they ever want to have happen, since then all the people who don't want to PvP or don't have the 3k+ ilvl needed to be competitive will complain endlessly.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'm amazed at the lack of complaints about this. I have months of savings that just went from dollars to pesos. Am I really supposed to be impressed with 2x glory??
  • Options
    zibadawa said:

If you haven't noticed, Cryptic is actively making refinement harder, more expensive, and more time consuming to do. And making PvP a good channel for salvage is something I don't think they ever want to have happen, since then all the people who don't want to PvP or don't have the 3k+ ilvl needed to be competitive will complain endlessly.

You might have noticed that I was in fact complaining about refining being harder and more expensive, so it's strange that you didn't notice that I had noticed the thing you speculated I hadn't noticed.

And people have been complaining endlessly about pvp for years already, myself included.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    refinement is far cheaper than it has ever been. Not even accounting for all the 2xEnchant and 2xRP weekends. The cost of RP is way down. There was a time when 1RP cost 2AD.
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    I'd like an option to trade in Seals of Triumph for Banners at a rate of say.... 10 Seals per Banner. It'd still be faster to do SH PVP for the Banners, but in case pugging isn't working out you still have an option for earning them with other types of PvP.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options

I'd like an option to trade in Seals of Triumph for Banners at a rate of say.... 10 Seals per Banner. It'd still be faster to do SH PVP for the Banners, but in case pugging isn't working out you still have an option for earning them with other types of PvP.

Since banners of the fallen are so difficult to come by, what with Siege PVP being a massive timewasting lagfest, this is a very good idea and probably deserves its own thread.
  • Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Yeah I agree the economic changes to seals of triumph stinks. It seems only trade bar equipment is worth their weight in gold now and even then it is not cheap. Please undo seal of truimph economic change to get PVP items, please devs just think about it.