test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Group Setup for Boss Fights:

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
I thought I would share something that works well in the groups I run in, which boosts the team performance quite a bit. Some of you may be aware of it and others may not, but its a trick for an easy co-ordination of buffs so that the dps always hit for their maximum potential. Note this only works in premade groups, it will not work in random groups, it will not work with channels and it will not work with LFG. You will need to form groups with people you play with regularly to take advantage of this:

Role of the DPS:

If you have a GF, its fairly simple, wait until the GF casts ITF before unleashing your burst. You want to see ITF on your buff bar Ideally, every group wants a GF. You also want to stand close to both the GF and DC, to benefit from proximity based buffs. If there is an OP, staying close to them is important as well.

Role of the GF:

There are 2 ways to use ITF, to use it up front, or use it intelligently. In a co-ordinated group, you know the DPS is going to wait with their burst until AFTER you cast ITF, so to maximize damage, you want to cast ITF at the right moment. If you have a cleric in the party, you want to wait until the moment they use empowered break the spirit (will show up on your buff bar) before you use ITF. That should be the 2nd to last or last ability in their rotation, which means they have all of their buffs and debuffs up, which means the DPS will hit much harder than if you had just cast ITF.

Role of the DC:

Your job is to get out your entire rotation as fast as possible. Say you are using HG, AS, DG and empowered BTS, you want to cycle through those as fast as possible and end on eBTS. Ending on eBTS is an easy way for the tank to know its time to cast ITF.

Role of the MoF CW:

For the most part, you want to cycle through encounters until you see the DC start using divine powers, at which point you want to use Ray of Enfeeblement. Once the DC casts eBTS, you want to use a daily power to apply combustive action.

Role of the HR:

Longstrider shot when eBTS is used, that way, the burst from all classes is co-ordinated with the longstrider buff.

Role of the OP:

Stand in the general proximity of the party, keep up bane.

Its a bit of a short party tactics guide I know, but it really helps to accentuate your parties burst potential. It gives each role a single thing to focus on as their cue to act, rather than complicating it by having everyone focus on multiple things.

Comments

• Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Role of the DC:
    Loadout (pve): DG, Bts/FF, Chains (dps/debuff spreader/AP gen) /BoH (Heal) /AS (mitigation for weaker team) /PoD (boss)

For most stuffs, use DG, Bts and Chains. (Swap chains for BoH/AS/PoD when needed, swap Bts for FF if multi DC in group)
    1. DG on target, Chains on mobs, d.DG on allies, 2x d.Chains on mobs then eBts. (Bts gives a glass crack sound for allies)
    2. Recharge divinity and repeat step 1.
    3. Use your HG/AA daily asap.
    4. Use Vanguard Banner for stomping, DC sigil for second HG in prolonged fight.
    5. Move to next wave of mob.

Important: Dont stand next to tank!! Stand a little behind AND keep close to your dps members.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I find it useless to use empowered bts on mob packs jazzfong, most of the premade groups im in would destroy them before that point, just normally start with dg/chains is good enough, sometimes Ill keep AA up , but movement between the groups on regular mob packs can be very fast.

The more buffs, powerful groups you have, the faster it goes, in which case, its just dg and chains and bob.

Right now HR can cast longstriders twice before Dc can hit empowered bts, that may change for mod 10. sad faces..

• Options
    From a GF's point of view it can be detrimental when other's stand next to or behind you.

I much prefer it if they stand on the other side of the boss in the combat advantage zone.

First, my party members get hit with the heavy attacks aimed at me. Then the damage transfers to me through Knight's Valor. If the person taking the damage is behind or beside me, I cannot mitigate that damage using the shield. If several party members do this, I take way more damage than is necessary.

Most of the time it's not a huge deal, but since ITF has a fairly large radius; you will still get the buff while standing behind the boss.

The only exception to this is in a boss fight with lots of adds, where it is nice to have someone behind me clearing them out.

Of course this will all change when I stop running ITF after the nerf hits.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

From a GF's point of view it can be detrimental when other's stand next to or behind you.

I much prefer it if they stand on the other side of the boss in the combat advantage zone.

First, my party members get hit with the heavy attacks aimed at me. Then the damage transfers to me through Knight's Valor. If the person taking the damage is behind or beside me, I cannot mitigate that damage using the shield. If several party members do this, I take way more damage than is necessary.

Most of the time it's not a huge deal, but since ITF has a fairly large radius; you will still get the buff while standing behind the boss.

The only exception to this is in a boss fight with lots of adds, where it is nice to have someone behind me clearing them out.

Of course this will all change when I stop running ITF after the nerf hits.

Why on earth would you stop running ITF? A 30% buff is huge, its comparable to break the spirit. To stop running it would be gimping yourself.
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Not to mention that there's no other worthwhile encounter for a tank GF to use.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @thefabricant

Thnx for this, it really does break things down to a much more manageable target to aim for. I can use this to at least coordinate better with the DC I often run with. Appreciated.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Did you try it with 2 DCs and a tactican GF? One spamming AA, due to tactican generating AP, and the other one using HG. One using empowered BtS and the other FF? I wanted to try this combo for some time, but we all play DO DCs.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    asterotg said:

Did you try it with 2 DCs and a tactican GF? One spamming AA, due to tactican generating AP, and the other one using HG. One using empowered BtS and the other FF? I wanted to try this combo for some

From my personal experience, it is nearly the same if u bring in a hdps member or another ACDC. If you bring in an ACDC u have to see whether he is already BIS (max power) and your team have high rank of bondings or not. However, if you bring in a hdpser, you dont have that much things to worry about. The other cons abt 2 DC and tact GF is, your other dps member have to be really good to be effective. If i go with 3 hdps, i clear CN in 12 min, if i go with another ACDC, it appears to end in 17 min+ unless the main dpsers is good enough.

Note: I didnt exclusively run ACT everytime i run CN, these are my experience from playing with other DC.

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    DC oracle pod(prophecy of doom). Yes its bugged because it doesnt give you the ap or reset itself after the target get killed but the time it stays is one of the longest debuffs i ever saw .
    WHEN they will fix the companion brutalities-sudden thing will be less popular the annointed army.

IN other hand annointed army used to cast it when pt needed the protection extremely rare situations.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    AN ideal pt would be. master of flame renegade,guardian fighter, cleric oracle righteous-op-1 bis damage dealer and cn can be 12 min.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    OP offers better utility than a GF now.In single target (Bosses) ,Bane >ITF.
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User

WHEN they will fix the companion brutalities-sudden thing will be less popular the annointed army.

Actually AA is weaker with them. The power transferred by AA doesn’t take account of companion’s gift and the damage increase percentage that it provides is lower if applied to a higher pool of Power.
    AA is boosted by bonding runestones, but that doesn’t mean that its buff is higher if the companion has more Power: it just depends on DC base Power and your target’s bonding stones level.