test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game is dying xb1

So what is PW doing about the player base dramatically dropping each mod? For those that have spent over a year and a lot of money on this game what are the devs doing to help? Any plans to make the game more affordable for th average player? Maybe bring back all the old dungeons? Make the loot drops worth running the content? New pvp maps and game types maybe? Capture the flag would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Well I will comment to your question about making the loot drops worth running the content I'm going to have to say no I've been playing almost a year put my fair share of money into it and I never get anything good to drop maybe I've gotten maybe three things that are worth anything in a year. To the affordable part just wait until they have their once in a blue moon 50% off everything sale then buy everything you need LOL I stopped counting on anything good drop in for me so that's just my thoughts
  • Options
    zerogravityv0zerogravityv0 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    In mod 5 you could get drops fairly often by running content over and over and sell them for decent AD. You also had a wide variety of dungeons to run so you didn't have to run lostmauth or CN a billion times. Simple things like make demo gorgon rings sellable. Rewards people for spending countless hours running pve. Decent loot drops from pvp domination etc. so much you could add and do for this game with little effort to bring back players. For starters start fixing the exploits like smokebomb glitch in pvp, bilethorn glitch etc etc. people are tired of all the glitchers in pvp. I like this game a lot but the devs need to put in serious work to get this game back on track. This is the most expensive free to play game on the planet yet the devs don't fix anything!
  • Options
    thedramacusthedramacus Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Everytime I see someone say the game is dying I wonder why I constantly see new players. I just randomly inspected 5 people in blacklake, next to no achievements for the game. I constantly have guild mates ask if thier friends can join the guild. The sky is falling too but the doom sayers seem to have gotten used to the fact and you dont see them call it out every 5 minutes any more.
    Dramacus 3.1 SW, Raven 2.9 HR, Aurora Shadowbain 2.7 GF, Mirduatas Vras 2.5 DC
    Si Vis Pacem 2.5 DC, Jade Shadowbain 2.4 CW, Para Bellum 1.5 GWF, President Not Sure lvl 69 OP
    Faith Shadowbain lvl 69 DC, Toof Fairy lvl 68 GWF, Arnie Shadowbain lvl 63 GF

Your Credit Card Has Been Declined
  • Options
    @drama if you haven't noticed the steady decline of players you need to open your eyes. Queues are getting longer and longer. A lot of quality players who spend money already left the game a long time ago. Regardless of what you may think about spending money on this game...that's what keeps the lights on.
  • Options
    thedramacusthedramacus Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I do see some decline in player base. But I wouldnt say the game is dying just yet. I dont typically run ques not in a group, probably part of why ques take longer and longer. People just dont pug as much. Did some testing on pugging, kessels, lostmauth, spider, and grey wolf den, qued instantly. Malabogs, valindras and shores within 5 min. The rest do seem to have some wait time, but its not exactly prime time in my area yet. Pretty sure everyone that lives in the ocean are getting off work right now.

I hope your not thinking my guild name means were against spending money, its more of a joke about how people will drop hundreds in a day on games like this, I know plenty of my guild members have. Sadly those are the players who paid to beat an unbeatable game and got bored and moved on.
    Dramacus 3.1 SW, Raven 2.9 HR, Aurora Shadowbain 2.7 GF, Mirduatas Vras 2.5 DC
    Si Vis Pacem 2.5 DC, Jade Shadowbain 2.4 CW, Para Bellum 1.5 GWF, President Not Sure lvl 69 OP
    Faith Shadowbain lvl 69 DC, Toof Fairy lvl 68 GWF, Arnie Shadowbain lvl 63 GF

Your Credit Card Has Been Declined
  • Options
    mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I agree with all your game ideas/comments especially that a new Domination Map is long long overdue. But as much as I'd like to doomsay, I can't agree with the population thing. The queues are broke, people just smash others out of Domination because the run 5 man comps with fray and double fray sometimes, glitches, no matchmaking, etc. e.tc. and as much as I like(d) PvP it is an insanely small amount of the population (16k on the Leaderboard vs 3+ million downloads). Our guild has been at 149 for ages, our ally guilds are filling up incredibly quickly, 2x XP weekend had tons of completely new (non Twinked) players running around, any event has insta pop Queues, the Summer zone had dozens of active instances, etc. We easily fill Tiamat runs with the guild's from the alliance alone as an example.

Again, your game play ideas are spot on, and if you purely observe PvP I can see how you feel a decline, but I see the game as a whole staying steady.
  • Options
    We generally kick 10-15 players each month out of the guild because they quit playing and that's just one guild. Also it isn't like they come back to the game either. We always allow them back into the guild if they are playing again but most are just done with the the game. They are all between 3 and 4K too.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    We are probably around that number, but it's a little bit of the nature of F2P to churn people and I think any guild that actively monitors or has systems to discover inactives would see about the same. We had quite a few go during the Coal Ward incident but it's been more "normal" lately. When people leave we have been filling back up in 2-3 days and we even have a waiting list so it seems like new players are funneling in at a good rate (or maybe there's just a lot of guild shifting lately and this is just anecdotal)... Sadly we don't have a player monitor like Steam does to really know.

• Options
    sc4500sc4500 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well all the hardcore xbox user moved this genny to , ps4 , but is this game not there test , for cross platform , so all 3 systems . as one ? so when they release star trek , cross, ? micro allowing it now. so i would not throw a nerf football yet ?
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @thedramacus that's definitely something I've seen too - players who spend money max out quickly and have no progression left, then they leave.

It's a catch 22 for Cryptic - those that are most likely to pay are those least likely to stay...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    pallmor#4634 pallmor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    sc4500 said:

Well all the hardcore xbox user moved this genny to , ps4 , but is this game not there test , for cross platform , so all 3 systems . as one ? so when they release star trek , cross, ? micro allowing it now. so i would not throw a nerf football yet ?

Ironically, I'm new to the game and I came here because I heard about the PS4 release. I have both consoles, but decided to go with the Xbox version because the Xbox chatpad is worlds better than any PS chatpad. I know, that may be a weird reason, but I REALLY love that chatpad.
  • Options
    lordknightx11lordknightx11 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    For me, I am just good with new companions, new social area like protector enclave, sharandar and the snow village, and maybe player housing to show trophy and such. Don't care much about stats, high end equipment, and all the math involved around it, that's just a waste of time to me.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

We generally kick 10-15 players each month out of the guild because they quit playing and that's just one guild. Also it isn't like they come back to the game either. We always allow them back into the guild if they are playing again but most are just done with the the game. They are all between 3 and 4K too.

Yeah we have had some of that, I think the problem is just utter boredom!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Im famous now lol. Feel free to add tips on making this game great again. Seems this thread will have a large audience now ;-)
  • Options
    shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I like this game, but have to agree it sure slowed down. Let's hope Alliances adds some spice, and we don't wait forever for Mod 10. Most importantly, the devs need to add better rewards to existing content, and get us more new content - the tougher the better!
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Everytime I see someone say the game is dying I wonder why I constantly see new players. I just randomly inspected 5 people in blacklake, next to no achievements for the game. I constantly have guild mates ask if thier friends can join the guild. The sky is falling too but the doom sayers seem to have gotten used to the fact and you dont see them call it out every 5 minutes any more.

Many new players you see atm don't play for long anyway. They quit the game before they reach level 30/50 or 70.
    The truth is the game is dying, but not as fast as people say;
    Obviously it's not in the state it used to be in months ago, but it's not dead yet; just dying, very... very slowly.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Greed from the developers and the players is why the game is at its current state.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    banjtbanjt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It's not during slowly, it's a decent clip.

Anytime you make a change there will be leavers. Bad change equals more leavers, last minute changes equals alot of leavers and out right lies equals mass exit. The coal ward triggered a mass exit, the GF SW Nerf will be another.

All you have to do is watch the market and astral diamond exchange to watch the population and/or Zen activity.
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    banjt said:

It's not dying slowly, it's a decent clip.

Anytime you make a change there will be leavers. Bad change equals more leavers, last minute changes equals alot of leavers and out right lies equals mass exit. The coal ward triggered a mass exit, the GF SW Nerf will be another.
    All you have to do is watch the market and astral diamond exchange to watch the population and/or Zen activity.

Couldn't have written it better myself!
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    I said during but meant dieing
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Or Dying ;)

It does seem to be losing players, one of the in game challenges is to maximize the character build. Once you have done that, the current high level builds can one shot the boss, so other than a few hours of recordings of which maxed out toon can one shot the bosses faster what is left to do? This is why I agree with the 're-balancing', although I hate to lose some of my own powers, it should make the end game content more interesting for the newer players, it will not bring back those that gave up already.

Alliance only brings the possibility to do SH dragons with other guilds, kill 4 dragons and then what? We need more events, and maybe let some of the smaller events run a little longer like for the whole week instead of just a weekend. It would also be nice to have a rotation of dungeons, how many times can one run CN and Etos before poking your eyes out? I mention these two as they are the only two that I even consider running based on rewards/time available.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    banjt said:

In general, I agree with you, but the SWs who will leave the game over not being able to hit for hundreds of millions anymore... man, I don't know what to say about that. SWs and GFs are pretty broken (ITF from some well built GFs is giving 300%+ damage bonuses) and needed to be fixed, but I'll agree that they seem to be going about it the wrong way.

Probably the biggest problem I see is that when Cryptic says "let's look at balance" they really mean "let's figure out how to make this stuff take longer" which equals Lostmauth nerf, haste nerf, GF nerf, SW nerf, etc. In the end you end up with the same content, with a boss that has fairly trivial mechanics, but because DPS is nerfed you have to fight the thing 3x as long as you used to. Add to this the problem that content is already underrewarding, and you really do have a recipe for people leaving, if for no other reason than discouragement and/or boredom.

People who leave because "I can't oneshot Orcus, whaah!" or "those dirty so-and-sos nerfed the Sahha balls in a giant cash grab!!!111one" are probably doing the right thing. The game is better off without them, and they'll probably live healthier lives not playing it.

People who leave because "PWE lied to me to get me to spend real money, then pretended they didn't lie to me, telling me I just didn't read it correctly, while simultaneously changing the website to hide the things they actually said, then continued to lie to me, and make me wait weeks or months to give me the things that I paid for (i.e. Coalgate, the PC companion thing, etc), then banned me because I sold an enchant on the AH or linked to the arc website in chat" are the real loss to the community.
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Why eToS? Nothing of value drops, faster running eLoL with a chance at an artifact. Sorry, I just always wonder why the heck people play eToS.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    sleepy725sleepy725 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Then there are those of us that the loot gods hate. I have never gotten a plus 5 ring or an artifact from a dungeon. I have never gotten a legendary from a box other than a brilliant diamond. Would gladly trade a diamond for a legendary mount. Never get anything from the events even with 20000 volleys or buying the winter things. I don't log on much anymore because I am sick and tired of running the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over and over and getting nothing. Meanwhile I have a friend who got a plus 5 ring and also had a Elol run that gave him 2 horns on the same day. He gets stuff all the time
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    I have always had a feeling that some characters are blesses upon creation to receive more drops. Think about it, if it was all RNG based then there would times with no "insert rare Item here" in the AH.
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    A point I didnt make is that was made above by someone else, but I want to point it another way. The nerfs hit the top 5 to 10% of people melting their way thru dungeons that have very, very low drop rates. For the rest, for those not set up to melt (for whatever reason) it's going to be a hard hit. As someone who plays alot of pick up dungeons with queue system, I see alot of rooms with 3k gear score who can't finish it us now. Nerf em more and....

So, again, the constant change and nerfing to address the top 5% is insane.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    zak3056 said:

the biggest problem I see is that when Cryptic says "let's look at balance" they really mean "let's figure out how to make this stuff take longer"

I couldn't agree with this more. To be fair, sure some classes out there are doing insane damage. But if you know ITF is causing some of the imbalance then you start by tweaking that and seeing what effect it has. Then you go back in and tweak more. You don't make massive overhauls of multiple classes. I mean they threw all this data at us as to what powers people used the most but neglected that the largest contributor to DPS damage was ITF so maybe we start there.

I feel as if the rebalancing was timed with the new content for one reason only. To make the new content seem harder than they are through nerfing.
  • Options
    Ok, I'm starting to side with Zero here and the game is dying. They can't even set up events or copy pasta patch notes anymore. RIP NW Xbox One.. dayum
  • Options
    sleepy725sleepy725 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Lol. Btw I am one of those people who can blow through the dungeons. Edemo takes like 9 minutes Elol takes like 7 or 8 Kessles is like 7. CN is 14-20 depending on party. If I play pugs those times change dramatically. My point is that I have ran these dungeons a ton of times with no reward
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    pr3stigex said:

Why eToS? Nothing of value drops, faster running eLoL with a chance at an artifact. Sorry, I just always wonder why the heck people play eToS.

A.) No one really wants/needs the Lostmauth Horn anymore(so even if you get one, it will never sell), so ELOL is pointless to run

B.) ETOS gives chance of multiple Epic drops plus epic chest item. So more AD is the reason to run ETOS, Plus protector seals for even more epic items
This discussion has been closed.