test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Storm King's Thunder Campaign Details

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
The Storm King’s Thunder campaign leads players to the rescue of Bryn Shander, chief settlement of Ten Towns—a series of remote towns in the frozen wastes of Icewind Dale.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10105463-developer-blog:-campaign-details

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    The "powerful damage dealing" boons seem to offer almost nothing for geared level 70 players.

For example with "Chill of Winter", you get a *chance* for a stack per hit, and once you tally 50, you do 10000 dmg to a mob. Geared GWFs are doing 10 to 30+ *times* that amount, *every* at-will strike.

The previous boon, "Vengeful Heat" seems better than Chill of Winter, at a *chance* of 2000 dmg on the mob per hit (2000 per hit sounds much better than 10000 every 50 hits).

Then "Icy Wrath" is the only other damager at a *chance* for +2000 dmg, if you were damaged since your last attack.

Geared GWFs are an extreme example of damage, but even partially geared DPS in other DPS classes are not really going to see much difference at all.

These boons might be a welcome augmentation to a levelling character, or a new, ungeared 70, but I'm not finding anything to get geared DPSes out of a warm bed in the morning, and off into the cold.
    You need to make % differences rather than absolute amounts to scale a boon to be as attractive to the geared, as it is to the levelling or ungeared.
    There are some % boons early, at 2%, which are non-DPS, and as small as you can make it.

I totally get that these help control power creep by offering near nothing to geared DPS, but at the same time, it's leaving module 10 looking weak for them, in terms of build rewards.
    It looks like of us that don't play for "collector completion" are going to struggle for a reason to bother grinding the same dailies. They would be grinding for the new gear, and little else after that.

Personally, I'd like to see something innovative in the top tier boons, rather than damage which doesn't matter.
  • Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    @strumslinger
    i cant wait for the new content gonna be fun beating it then getting bored again with all the grind. always fun to do and been doing it since closed beta. looks like its gonna be hard and a good challenge since i don't plan on using the new gear that comes with the new content, tired of zone tied gear like drowcraft to edemo. thanks for the updates.
    i would like to ask on a separate note...
    1) do you think they will fix /killme as it doesn't work
    2) do you think the dev's could add some sort of way to disable epic weapon enchantment visual effects, and i know we have been asking for this for awhile now. but i want to ask here and now again. i also made a forum for this that i will leave a link below to.

if i come up with anymore basic questions ill do my best to leave em here, cause better to be prepared with knowledge then to jump straight into the game right.

arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1219823/epic-weapon-enchants-visuals?sso=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0%3D+8b6a513dc3b3aeeb6eb66991ac50181b8fd9b611+1470451370+hmacsha1
  • Options
    wow still no response
  • Options
    lol yeah