test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm King's Thunder Preview Patch Notes: NW.65.20160720a.0

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Hunter Ranger (Preview Only)
    • Binding Arrow: The secondary shot from this power should work properly again, instead of not firing if you are too far from the primary target.
    • Binding Arrow: Will properly applied Thorned ROots again, instead of only applying Strong Grasping Roots when you have the Thorned Roots Feat.
    • Commanding Shot: Reverted the changes to the debuff effect and duration, and fixed bugs with its application, leading to the following patch note:
    • Forest Meditation: Can once again be cancelled via the Shift power.
    • Hawk Shot: This power should now work better when targeting on angled ground. Note that, when trying to hit multiple targets on angled ground, aiming for the target that is further from you will help the power draw a better line.
    • Steel Breeze: No longer has charges, reverted back to standard rechage time. AoE reverted back to 20'.
  • Scourge Warlock(Preview Only)
    • Creeping Death: Updated tooltip to match the new changes.
    • Tyrannical Curse: Fixed an issue that caused the "damage link" portion of the power to not work in many cases.
  • Guardian Fighters can now properly block Everfrost damage.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Blade Storm: Damage dealt by this Power no longer receives double benefit from damage buffs.
    • Commanding Shot: The debuff should no longer fail to work in certain situations.
    • Predator: Now increases damage against your Prey by 50%, up from 40%.
    • Hawk Shot: Damage further increased by ~37%.
    • Hawkeye: Damage dealt by this Power no longer receives double benefit from damage buffs.
    • Longstrider Shot: Damage further increased by ~45%.
    • Oak Skin: The tooltip now properly reports the total amount this power heals you for over the duration of the buff.
    • Steel Breeze: Recharge time reduced to 14s, down from 16s.
  • Scourge Warlock
    • Arms of Hadar: Damage increased ~40%.
    • Blades of Vanquished Armies: No longer toggles off when you are Stunned or Dazed.
    • Gatekeeper's Empowerment: No longer affects Flames of Empowerment. Instead, now increases the DoT damage of Hellish Rebuke by 5/10/15/20/25%.
    • Murderous Flames: Damage dealt by this Feat no longer receives double benefit from damage buffs.
    • Power of the Nine Hells: Now extends to the new Damage Resistance buff, in addition to the the Damage buff.
    • Fiery Bolt: Damage increased ~33%.
    • Fiery Bolt: Reduced base recharge time to 12s, down from 14s.
    • Flames of Empowerment: No longer increases your damage when your AP is full. Instead, applies a debuff to your target when you hit them with an At-Will power. This debuff increases the damage you deal to the target by 2% (+1% per rank, to a max of 5%), and stacks up to 3 times.
    • Harrowstorm: Damage increased ~50%.
    • Harrowstorm: Reduced base recharge time to 12s, down from 16s.
    • Hellish Rebuke: No longer refreshes the duration of the debuff when the target attacks you. Instead, deals another blast of damage equal to the initial damage dealt by the power. This additional damage can only be dealt to a target once every 2 seconds.
    • Lesser Curse: Should no longer fall off immediately after applying in certain circumstances. This was most noticeable with the new version of Accursed Souls, and should not longer occur.
    • Pillar of Power: This power has had a slight rework. Now always casts under your feet, instead of needing to be placed. Recharge time now starts as soon as you cast it instead of when the effect ends, and has been reduced to 10s, down from 15s. You may only have 1 Pillar of Power active at a time, so recasting it while it is still active will move it to your current location. The effects of the Pillar have changed, as well. In addition to increasing your damage, it now also grants you damage resistance while you stand within it. The Pillar no longer builds up and explodes when an enemy enters it. Instead, it lowers the enemies damage and damage resistance, and deals damage to them.
    • Prince of Hell: No longer increases your Armor Penetration stat by 10%. Instead, directly increases your Resistance Ignored and Life Steal Chance by 5%, plus 1% per rank.
    • Shadow Slip: Increased speed by 15%.
    • Shadow Slip: Now provides damage immunity for 1 second after activation, and loses 20% damage resistance per second while it is active, down to a minimum of 40% (this timer persist through rapid reapplications).
    Content and Environment
    • Castle Never: Orcus name is no longer viisble while he is flying
    • Castle Never: updated Demon Prince of Being Dead achievement to make sure support characters get proper credit for killing Orcus
    • Mold on the cheese wheels have been cut away and now have a proper cheesy texture again. Delicious.
    • Prophecy of Madness: Corrected a bug with the Prophecy of Madness skirmish (demonic incursion) where the timer failed to reset if the team achieved gold in phase 1.
    • Prophecy of Madness: Reduced respawn time of encounters in Prophecy of Madness skirmish (protect the prophecy).
    • Resolved several issues with quests in Bryn Shander.
    • There is now an hourly event on rotation for Stronghold Siege. Playing while this event is active gives an additional 50% Glory and +1 Banner of the Fallen.

Items and Economy
    • Companions: Cultist of Air companion is now named Elemental Air Cultist, to match his item and collection name.
    • Companions: Elemental Air Cultist's active power has been adjusted to no longer require player to be low health to trigger."
    • Maze Engine Campaign: Adjusted prices for the armor sets. The prices are now 4,000 supplies for the lowest tier, 5,000 supplies for the medium tier, and 6,000 supplies for the highest tier.
    • Oghma's Release has been renamed Oghma's Token of Free Movement, to match rest of the set.
    • Pricing adjustments to Ostorian Relics and Voninblod.
    User Interface
    • Account Shared Bank slot maximum has been increased by 40 slots.
    • In Collections, the Artifact pages have been condensed. This may affect your collection points.
    • Many Module 10 Icons added.
    • Personal Bank slot maximum has increased by 32 slots.
    • Resolved an issue where intractable items would not show their FX in rare occasions.
    • The login screens have an updated background and UI treatment.

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    Lonelywood should now also be unlocked. Stay tuned for more details about content unlocking!
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Thank you for the increases to the cap on personal and account shared bank slots :smile:

I have a question about the new Stronghold Siege event though.
    There is now an hourly event on rotation for Stronghold Siege. Playing while this event is active gives an additional 50% Glory and +1 Banner of the Fallen.
    Does this mean you need to start and finish the siege match while the event is active or by simply starting the siege match while the event is active but the event ends before your siege match does are you eligible for the increased rewards? #rd scenario is if you started the match before the event started but finish inside the event time.Because siege can take a while sometimes, and all the above scenarios will happen.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Bank slot increases?!?!?

va8Ru.gif
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2016
    scathias said:

I have a question about the new Stronghold Siege event though.

Does this mean you need to start and finish the siege match while the event is active or by simply starting the siege match while the event is active but the event ends before your siege match does are you eligible for the increased rewards? #rd scenario is if you started the match before the event started but finish inside the event time.Because siege can take a while sometimes, and all the above scenarios will happen.

It works like the other events where its a bonus that gets applied if you finish the match while the bonus event is on. So if you start before the event and finish during the event, more loot! If you start during the event and finish after the event, no extra loot :(. Ideally, it would award in both cases if we have infinite software time to allow that feature.

Also, the event should be phrased something like, "Finish a Stronghold match while this event is active."
    ok, thank you for the explanation
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    thanks for adding bank slots! my hoarding was getting crowded
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Why do the Crabs in Loneywood deal EV damage?!? It doesn't bother me that they do......it's just wierd! :#

Oh and.....Lonelywood needs an Official Thread. I gotz stuff to say. :)
    Post edited by valwryn on
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @panderus amazing patch notes.I haven't tried so far, from what i've seen login screen looks really good. About the character choice screen i would sugest give it a bit more reality. When i look to the current screen, dragon landing etc my atention does not get dragged to the reality contrast between the caracter and the background, it feels like a hole, in this new screen the exposer and the background show very diferent ilumination, feels a bit wrong i would reduce the amount of light insiding on the character to match better the foggy ambient behind..
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I keep seeing all these abilities being fixed by: 'Damage dealt by this Power no longer receives double benefit from damage buffs'

It makes me reeeaaaally curious to see how many more of these we may see in the future when the other classes get balanced.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

I keep seeing all these abilities being fixed by: 'Damage dealt by this Power no longer receives double benefit from damage buffs'

It makes me reeeaaaally curious to see how many more of these we may see in the future when the other classes get balanced.

I would not be surprised if something like that is what is wrong with GWF and GF. I am just thankful they are fixed. No more 2k SWs melting bosses.
    MF, blade storm and hawk eye are 3 things that deal damage from an extra proc off a triggering player hit. GWF has no abilities that do anything like that and as such I think it is pretty impossible for anything like that to be the cause of large amounts of damage on gwf.

Perhaps the new way that steel blitz works or commander's strike will be like this, but in the past neither of them has done large amounts of damage so i doubt it
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    @panderus
    Hidden Daggers, please FIX it
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • archimagasarchimagas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    About Scourge Warlock,
    Please do little smoothly encaunter ARMS OF HADAR,because when use this power,his little stuck in final,and change corner,not from left side,but normal in front.

And about daily Tyrannical Curse,please do fastest using this daily,because when start use this daily,we lost 2-3 second.
    In Collections, the Artifact pages have been condensed. This may affect your collection points.
    I like what happened here, it makes collections a lot nicer when there is a large group of stuff, like the class artifacts.
    Could you possibly do this with the artifact gear as well? instead of having to look at 2 different pages for the main hand and off hand looking at just 1 page to see the whole set would be so much nicer.
    The same goes for view the artifact belts/necks. combining those would be good, and also help players understand that those items just might possibly be good when worn together. To that end you can also add in the artifact so they can see what a complete artifact set would look like stat wise instead of looking in 3 places (and add the belt+neck to the artifact page as well please)
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    "they are starting to get angry about the invoking changes. What do we do?"

"Here change the numbers in these two places and they will forget about it."

Thanks for the expanded bank spaces it was desperatly needed. We also wont be forgeting about the insane changes to invoking.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

Wow, the new login screen is cool.

@panderus
    It would be nice to be able to rearrange the selection list to place favorite characters at the top.
    Any update on this matter.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    Feedback
    Guild Stronghold Boons: please move it on the top of the "Boons" UI.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    @panderus Is there new arti weaps comping? Do we need to get prepared?

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User

Feedback
    Guild Stronghold Boons: please move it on the top of the "Boons" UI.

^^ This. It's the only boons that can be changed without a respec and scrolling to find it is annoying.

And please fix the quest in IWP where you need to give the moot to the giant. The giant is not there most of the time.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    So, this means that EE damage will be mitigated by our DR?
    Not sure how to read it.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    edited July 2016
    scathias said:

I would not be surprised if something like that is what is wrong with GWF and GF. I am just thankful they are fixed. No more 2k SWs melting bosses.
    MF, blade storm and hawk eye are 3 things that deal damage from an extra proc off a triggering player hit. GWF has no abilities that do anything like that and as such I think it is pretty impossible for anything like that to be the cause of large amounts of damage on gwf.

Perhaps the new way that steel blitz works or commander's strike will be like this, but in the past neither of them has done large amounts of damage so i doubt it
    Still there are more and more things like that pop from time to time. That means that there are a lot of false/double/weird interactions that were there for a long time.
    They were either triggered by adding more things like insignias/mount powers/boons or whatever things that might "made them work", or suddenly started to work as intended and had to be turned off again...

On the flip side it's good that they're now tracked down and removed, that's a good thing to see.
    Balancing is not only nerfing whatever community states as OP. It's also taking a closer look on the code (which is very time consuming of course) and tracking down those things that messes up the game.

I like to see more of these kind of changes going forward :)

And to finalize...bank slots? yay!

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Flames of Empowerment + GK's Empowerment:
    5-19% damage bonus came from it depending on the AP meter, the new way gives you 3x5% if you can push those stacks up with at-wills.
    HellBringer has no real AOE at-will, so placing the 3 stacks on anything other than bosses won't work, things die faster than that.
    That means you simply took away the HellBringer's only power to compete with the SoulBinder's spark based damage bonus.
    You increased Harrow Storm and Fiery Bolt damage -sure it is a nice thing, but as multiplicative - you only made the gap between the paragons even bigger.
    Sounds brain-dead to me.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited July 2016
    @panderus Thank you (and the rest of the devs) for adding more bank slots. :) 40 shared storage is not nearly enough, so I'm glad it's being doubled. :smiley: However, can you please add a sort button to the bank? It would be extremely helpful, especially now since you are expanding the slots. Pretty please? I'll buy more Zen to buy more slots! (probably going to do that either way, lol)
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

@panderus Thank you (and the rest of the devs) for adding more bank slots. :) 40 shared storage is not nearly enough, so I'm glad it's being doubled. :smiley: However, can you please add a sort button to the bank? It would be extremely helpful, especially now since you are expanding the slots. Pretty please? I'll buy more Zen to buy more slots! (probably going to do that either way, lol)

Yes yes yesssss!!! please add sort button to the bank slots! (both personal and shared)

And while you're at it I would like to see a feature that will enable us to choose in which slot's we're putting the items with left clicking.

I mean at the moment we're only able to do it while placing items in our personal bank.
    Shared one need to be manually dragged and dropped which is a pain in the rear.

These should be really implemented from the start....

2). Yes. I am panzer!
  • nninjannoob#2956 nninjannoob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    No more changes DC? :love:
    Selûne | Merlin

• Strawberry Yakuza •

This discussion has been closed.