Install Arc
Options

How does PvP SW look on preview?

zonoske#5272 zonoske Member Posts: 86 Arc User
Is there an DPS increase? How do they look

Comments

• Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Lot more changes are coming very soon. No point doing "final" builds now.
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Lot more changes are coming very soon. No point doing "final" builds now.

What makes you believe that is true?

Edit: NM... I see they updated this:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/10074093-class-balance:-scourge-warlock

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Would be interesting if HB will do any good in PVP on a higherlevel?
    prince of hell +14 RI+5% LS is a lot
    about Pillar of power I can´t imagine if it will perform in PVP being that small aoe?
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I have fought every class on test, BIS and I can tell you this, we are still lacking (Big time at 70). A lot of abilities are not working like they are suppose to and I am still waiting on fixes (No point testing now, since release is so close).
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Sad to say but if sw can't compete in mod 10 pvp -> game over for me.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Sad to say but if sw can't compete in mod 10 pvp -> game over for me.

As Hellbringer, we will be able to compete in PvP (I got more damage out of SB with this new build I am running for PvE than with HB). Problem with Hellbringer is it will be really easy to beat in PvP if you know what you are doing, there is basically 4 things that has such a huge synergistic effect when fighting a Hellbringer Warlock, you don't have to anything but stand still and watch him/her kill themself, after they put Hellish Rebuke on you.

HB Warlocks will play a new role in PvP and that's node holding, you get a Cleric or CW with them and it will be really, really hard to take a node (Unless you SE them with a TR).

TR SE is probably the most effective way of clearing HB Warlocks off a node, they put Hellish rebuke on you, straight up blood bath or ITC out of it (They can't heal and will most likely be at a quarter health after this.

Soulbinder is straight up broke, the healing that soul sparks is giving currently does not work or exist in mod 10 (Intentional) and most of the Warlock bugs that put people on top in Dungeons with dps is gone. Accursed and Illyan set bonuses no longer work, so you will see a lot of handicapped dps Warlocks out there (Because they relied on these set bonuses to top dps charts).

Good news, Soulbinder, with all of its' new created bugs still has a lot of viable dps builds, thanks to the developers making immolation spirits not eat up Soul sparks and build them. I can keep Immolation and Soul spark damage up almost 100% of the time in dungeons which = huge numbers overall (Kudos to devs on this one).

I don't think people will be face tanking like I was in the last couple of mods in PvP, I think they will be hit and run more so like Sophi's play style with the dots (but be warned, it is a huge weakness in Hellbringer and the dot them and run type of play now as high deflect builds with reflective damage boons will murder you, once they proc).

For the most part, it will be interesting to see what happens and what crazy builds people come up with in mod 10 PvP with Warlocks.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    Actually i don't know what is working about sparks and what doesn't.
    Several player wrote Borrowed Time doesn't heal, when i run PTR it did but Sparks did not spend any lifestealbonus, same as Vampire Sparks also did not spend any lifesteal etc.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Actually i don't know what is working about sparks and what doesn't.
    Several player wrote Borrowed Time doesn't heal, when i run PTR it did but Sparks did not spend any lifestealbonus, same as Vampire Sparks also did not spend any lifesteal etc.

Yeah, borrowed time is straight up broken, developers have had their ear full on this needing to be fixed for SB to be a competing spec in PvP (It isn't at the moment).

We can dish out a lot of dot damage with Hellbringer, but again, in comparison to the bursty classes with high DR/Deflect or ITC skills we will still get owned.

Just remember this post and what I am saying here, as a lot of people did not test or give feed back on SW PvP and the ones who did outside of myself did so only to find ability glitches to use in PvP when mod 10 goes live (I reported these and they will still make it into the game on the 16th).

-Kymos
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Any recommendations about a viable build in PVP so far?
    HB fury/temp (25/15)?
    Anyone went the walk of pain?