test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PS4 FAQs

Comments

• lyrik33#5393 lyrik33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How do you add/remove waypoints on ps4??

Thanks
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

How do you add/remove waypoints on ps4??

Thanks

Open the map by pressing L1 + Up. Once the map is open, press the Touchpad button to focus on the map instead of the map menu. Use the Right Stick to navigate to where you want the way point, and press X to set the waypoint where you want it to go. You can press X on the little flag that represents the waypoint to remove it.

If you are wanting to have the sparkle path to go to a certain quest in you quest log, you can also do that by opening the Menu to Quests, going to your Journal, find the quest you want the path to point to, and press the Triangle button. The select "Set Draw Path". Press X and close the journal. Your draw path will now go to that quest if you do not have any special waypoints set.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • teefal33teefal33 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

i am in a group BUT i cant compare 1 item to another i usually do when i'm not in a group.... surely there is a way to compare without having to clikc on every single piece of gear and then inspect your current piece to see if its better? i

Turn off voice chat in Options / Options. Be sure to hit the square key to save and exit.

Hopefully this bug will get fixed soon. It's rather annoying.

• pagey1120#4366 pagey1120 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi. I'm playing the game on my Asian PSN account, and would like to buy some Zen off of PSN market. Apparently, NW Zen is not yet for sale on Asia's PSN market - is there any way I can purchase off the US PSN market and send it to my Asian PSN account?
  • awclin#2506 awclin Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    > Press L1 + Down to access chat, then press Square to start typing - you may then start typing with a
    > keyboard. Don't have a keyboard? You can also type using the PlayStation App on any compatible mobile
    > device.

Any information on how to use the PlayStation app to access in-game chat? I've tried following the out-of-game chat method shown on the gamepedia site using the IM+ client, but the username/password that allows me to log on here does not work. Please could you help?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Hi. I'm playing the game on my Asian PSN account, and would like to buy some Zen off of PSN market. Apparently, NW Zen is not yet for sale on Asia's PSN market - is there any way I can purchase off the US PSN market and send it to my Asian PSN account?

Unfortunately, you can not do this, as it gets into some legal issues.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png

> Press L1 + Down to access chat, then press Square to start typing - you may then start typing with a

> keyboard. Don't have a keyboard? You can also type using the PlayStation App on any compatible mobile

> device.

Any information on how to use the PlayStation app to access in-game chat? I've tried following the out-of-game chat method shown on the gamepedia site using the IM+ client, but the username/password that allows me to log on here does not work. Please could you help?

kuI2v8l.png
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User

> device.

Log into the PS app like you normally would, then connect to your PS4 and select the "Second Screen" option. Then tap the keyboard icon--however, you'll have to be in a state where you'd normally be prompted to enter text, which means you'll have to have your chat window open and active, and then press square to enter text.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • pagey1120#4366 pagey1120 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > Hi. I'm playing the game on my Asian PSN account, and would like to buy some Zen off of PSN market. Apparently, NW Zen is not yet for sale on Asia's PSN market - is there any way I can purchase off the US PSN market and send it to my Asian PSN account?
    >
    > Unfortunately, you can not do this, as it gets into some legal issues.

Thanks. Any planned release date of content for Asian market instead?
  • khajjakhajja Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How do I change accounts on the PS4? I can't find any logout option for the account, and accidentally created a new account rather than use my original ARC account (I honestly didn't even realize it was the same used for STO until I took a second look)
  • felonioustub#9502 felonioustub Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I think you can delete your local PS4 save files and then when you reload the game it will ask you to log into your account.

> @kreatyve said:

> Hi. I'm playing the game on my Asian PSN account, and would like to buy some Zen off of PSN market. Apparently, NW Zen is not yet for sale on Asia's PSN market - is there any way I can purchase off the US PSN market and send it to my Asian PSN account?

>

> Unfortunately, you can not do this, as it gets into some legal issues.

Thanks. Any planned release date of content for Asian market instead?

I don't know, the Asian market is covered by Perfect World Bejing instead of Perfect World International. It's totally different.
    kuI2v8l.png
    khajja said:

How do I change accounts on the PS4? I can't find any logout option for the account, and accidentally created a new account rather than use my original ARC account (I honestly didn't even realize it was the same used for STO until I took a second look)

Contact Customer Support, and they might be able to sort you out.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • inquisitorvinquisitorv Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Anychance of getting access to the old lock boxes?

Currently, no. But they *might* release some of them later. I do not have any official information on that one.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • tontze#6365 tontze Member Posts: 1 New User
    I linked account on ps4@pc, but i didnt receive promissed companion from reward claim agent :( How do i obtain it ?

I linked account on ps4@pc, but i didnt receive promissed companion from reward claim agent :( How do i obtain it ?

Is it in your mail? Also, try logging out and logging back in again.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • buckeyestar#6353 buckeyestar Member Posts: 15 Arc User

You have to claim it at the reward vender in Protector's Enclave. You can claim it on every character. I believe it's under the promo tab.
  • shadow21kaishadow21kai Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Currently, no. But they *might* release some of them later. I do not have any official information on that one.
    They definitely should do so. It feels like Ps4 has the short end of the stick just because it was released later.
  • firosafirosa Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    any release on fixing the direct to chat "bug"? i just join and direct to chat isn't possible you need to press l1 dpad down then square. kinda a lot to do just to type "hi" would by nice for syntexes for all the channels and emotes. I'm not big on voice chat so direct to chat would really help my out.

also when is the forum probation up, i didn't see that info anywhere.
    firosa said:

any release on fixing the direct to chat "bug"? i just join and direct to chat isn't possible you need to press l1 dpad down then square. kinda a lot to do just to type "hi" would by nice for syntexes for all the channels and emotes. I'm not big on voice chat so direct to chat would really help my out.

also when is the forum probation up, i didn't see that info anywhere.

I'm hoping that it will be fixed with next patch when everything else is, but honestly don't have official information on that one yet. As for the forum probation, I believe 48 - 72 hours after the account is created, but sometimes it takes longer. It's an automatic process.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • demigodgamer#7121 demigodgamer Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    So what happens to the name after you delete a character? Is the name completely gone, or can it be re-used? Thanks:) P.S. it amazes me that people that have played , this game for supposedly years? Can't answer a simple question:P
    Post edited by demigodgamer#7121 on

• otogix2#5744 otogix2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    it would be grate if we could play with the same character either ps4 or pc because we are not always at home and if we want to play in our laptops, with the same progress ......
  • skowron93skowron93 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Why developers give ps4 broken version of this game? Crashing game everyday broken dungeons and many other bugs that in the past was on the pc and xone and later fixed but on ps4 is still broken. I cant find answer in FAQ
    skowron93 said:

Why developers give ps4 broken version of this game? Crashing game everyday broken dungeons and many other bugs that in the past was on the pc and xone and later fixed but on ps4 is still broken. I cant find answer in FAQ

A fix is coming. Patches take a LOT longer on the consoles because they have to go through the whole certification process before they can be patched. PS4 will be getting a bug fix patch very soon.
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

skowron93 said:

A fix is coming. Patches take a LOT longer on the consoles because they have to go through the whole certification process before they can be patched. PS4 will be getting a bug fix patch very soon.
    i can confirm this, i've played mmo on mostly console and with ps2 having played final fantasy 11 then switched to x-box 360.
    and on ps4 dcuo, final fantasy 14 and now this. and most the time only top priority fixes are checked out fast. much like ff14s emergency fixes, but also that game is pay to play, wich may or may not be part of the quick patching. just saying as a person who plays mmo on console im used to this :)

hope the bug is fixed soon with direct to chat as typing is to slow and seems no one really types in dungeons or anything. Which kinda sucks for a new player trying to learn the game.

also is there a list of syntexts for each of the emotes? i know /sit works but unsure for each dance or anything. it easier to do then using the drop down list.
    firosa said:

kreatyve said:

skowron93 said:

i can confirm this, i've played mmo on mostly console and with ps2 having played final fantasy 11 then switched to x-box 360.
    and on ps4 dcuo, final fantasy 14 and now this. and most the time only top priority fixes are checked out fast. much like ff14s emergency fixes, but also that game is pay to play, wich may or may not be part of the quick patching. just saying as a person who plays mmo on console im used to this :)

hope the bug is fixed soon with direct to chat as typing is to slow and seems no one really types in dungeons or anything. Which kinda sucks for a new player trying to learn the game.

also is there a list of syntexts for each of the emotes? i know /sit works but unsure for each dance or anything. it easier to do then using the drop down list.
    I honestly don't have access to a list of which ones work on PS4, and don't have a PS4 to test them all out. I will look into it though. I know /wave and /bye work on Xbox One.
    kuI2v8l.png
    ok my guess is they are the same :) it was like that on every mmo I've played. All platforms had the same syntexts for the emotes
    firosa said:

ok my guess is they are the same :) it was like that on every mmo I've played. All platforms had the same syntexts for the emotes

Try typing /em before the emotes that are available on the list. I believe that works. Using /me and typing out a random emote does not appear to work on consoles (though it does on PC, which is weird).
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited August 2016
    will do but typically /em in mmo i've played are player made emoting.

question as well, is there a site or sticke'd thread with neverwinter jargon explination? Everyone who talk about this game states its not a pick up and play game. I've had trouble understanding the combat stats, secondary stats, class/role jargon this games has. any chance there is a write out that explains it? I tried google and had trouble.

Love the game but still learning the terminology.
This discussion has been closed.