test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 FAQs

kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
Does this game support a keyboard?

Press L1 + Down to access chat, then press Square to start typing - you may then start typing with a keyboard. Don't have a keyboard? You can also type using the PlayStation App on any compatible mobile device.

Are accounts or characters transferrable from the PC or Xbox One?

No - nothing transfers from PC or Xbox - not characters, or purchased items.

I want more Enchanted Keys!! How do I get them?

Enchanted Keys are bound to the account (meaning they can't be traded between players) on which they are purchased upon their acquisition, so you have to buy them through the Zen Market. You can use the Astral Diamonds Exchange to exchange your Astral Diamonds for Zen without spending any real money, or you may choose to buy the Zen directly through the PlayStation Store. If you have VIP, you can also get 1 free Enchanted Key a day (per account). If you do not claim your daily VIP key every day, they do not stack. If you have VIP, when you first open your inventory, it will be on the key claim tab so you do not forget to claim it.

How do I report a chat spammer?

Press and hold the L1 button on your controller and press down on the control pad to open the chat window. Then use your touchpad to navigate the chat pane and move to the name of the player you wish to report. Press the triangle button to bring up the options for that player and select "Report Offending Player". Select an option from the list provided (chat spamming, in this case) and press X, and enter any supporting information in the window provided. Then press the triangle button to submit your report. The reported player will automatically be added to your ignore list and a ticket will be automatically generated. Please note that reporting is limited to once per minute.

I saw this website advertising gold for Neverwinter. Should I visit it?

No, you shouldn't. Third party websites that sell items, AD, and gold are bad news for a number of reasons. Firstly, your account details, such as your login information, can be compromised. Secondly, your financial information may be placed at risk. Thirdly, and most importantly, use of third party websites is against the ARC Games Terms of Service and will result in your account being banned. You wouldn't want any of this, would you?

Is there a way to make the chat font bigger?

Unfortunately, there is no option to resize the chat at this time.

Is it possible to play the game without paying anything?

Sure! The game is 100% free to download and play. You get access to all 8 classes and all 9 expansions totally free! The premium currency, Zen, can be obtained via the Astral Diamond exchange. The exchange rate varies and is player driven. After you convert your Astral Diamonds to Zen, you can then buy anything in the Zen store, totally free!

Are the servers region locked? Can I play with my friends in other countries?

Everyone on PS4 plays together! The PS4 server is international! Play with people from all over the world!

How do I claim my promo items (Electric Tiger, etc.)?

Visit the Rewards Claim Agent in Protector's Enclave, directly across from Sgt. Knox, through the tunnel.

Where can I find builds for my class?

You can search the various class forums here on the official website, or you can check out different builds at http://mmominds.com/

I completed a Heroic Encounter. How do I claim my rewards?

Press the Touchpad button until the Heroic Encounter rewards lights up on the right side of the screen (usually 3 presses of the Touchpad button). Then press X to view and claim your reward.

Is there a way to zoom out the camera on PS4?

Unfortunately, this is not possible at this time.

How big is the game download?

Currently the game is 13gb. However, as with most MMOs, new content gets added on a fairly regular basis, so that number may grow as the game grows.

Where can I buy fashion items?

Fashion items, as well as many other items, are available at the Trade Bar Store. You can access this store via the menu, or you can go to the Trade Bar Store in Protector's Enclave, just west of the Marketplace.

But how do I earn Trade Bars?

You earn Trade Bars by opening lockboxes. With each lockbox you open, you receive a random amount of Trade Bars (generally between 1 and 20).

Is there friendly fire, either for NPCs (especially those who accompany the player) or for group members?

No friendly fire.

Is "Life Steal" a passive attribute or does something have to be done to activate it?

Life Steal is passive. You can raise the chance for it to proc by stacking more life steal stat.

Can the player give companions instructions, especially ones such as "Stay over there until I call you"?

No, companions have their own AI.

Can the player prioritize a companion's activities ("Healing me is your #1 job, kiddo").

No, companions will do what they want, when they feel like it.

Is there a place on the Character Sheet to see which buffs or status ailments the player currently has?

Buffs appear on a small bar by the character portrait. Debuffs appear on a bar just below the buff bar.

Is there any way to re-order quests in the Quest Journal?

No, you can't reorder the quests.

Is there any way of knowing, just from reading the Journal, who assigned a particular quest?

Not unless it says in the quest description.

Who the turn-in NPC is, if there is one?

Not unless it's in the quest description - it does usually tell you when you have finished the quest.

Are quests color-coded or is there some way to know the recommended level for a quest?

The level for the quest should appear as a number beside the quest in the Quest Journal.

Are quests that are beyond (or beneath) a player's level even offered?

You can pick up quests below your level, however most of the time, the quest giver will not have a ! show up for the quest. Quests well above your level will not be offered.

I've collected 15 different (fill in the blank) from enemies. Is it safe to sell them?

Best bet would be to check the AH. Anything labeled "Treasure" in the description is generally vendor trash. Some people do sell them on the AH in hopes of getting quick AD and people who buy them from the AH usually do it to vendor for gold.

How do i group up with friends on ps4? My friend downloaded it but how do we meet up?

All the maps in Neverwinter have instances. You have to be on the same instance as your friend to be able to see and interact with him/her. You can changes instances using the Menu, it's the last option under Quests. You can find out which instance your friend is on by going to the Social menu, and clicking on the Friends option.

Can you explain how the Astral Diamond Exchange works?

The Astral Diamond Exchange is a player driven exchange. Players must buy Zen through the PSN Market to exchange in the game for Astral Diamonds. If you wish to Exchange your AD for Zen, you first look at what prices the current exchange rate is at, under the Buy Zen tab. Generally, it's the top number under the "Top Zen Listings". Those number show the available quantity of Zen, and the Unit Price (Which is the price of how many AD are being requesting per 1 Zen). The next tab over is the Sell Zen tab. Players wishing to sell their Zen (which they either got from the Exchange earlier or bought through the PSN Market) may do so here. To withdraw either your AD or your Zen, press the Triangle button while the Exchange is open. Choose how much you want to withdraw or press Triangle again to withdraw it all.
My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
kuI2v8l.png
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    How do you turn off different chat channels?

Press the L1 + Down buttons to open the chat window. Then you press Triangle to access the menu. Using the left stick or the Dpad, go to "Configure Channel "Default/Social/whichever channel you want to configure" and press X. From that menu you can rename the channel, and hide or unhide whichever channels you wish. You can also change the chat colors from this same menu.

How do I claim the Fashion pack or other various promo packs?

Go to the Rewards Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave, directly across the way from Sgt. Knox, through the tunnel. With the Rewards Claims Agent store open, press the R2 button to navigate through the different tabs to see what you have available to you.

Can you rebind the controller buttons?

Button Assignments CAN be changed on the PS4.
    Look under the Accessibility Menu...either in the Settings Menu, or just by holding down the "PS" button for a few seconds. Thank you, @ace#9545 for this answer.

Invoking won't work! I press the buttons, it goes through the animation, but I don't receive my stuff. What is wrong?

If you have any items in your Overflow bag, you will not be able to invoke. This can happen even if your bags are not full. Please check your inventory to make sure you do not have any items in your Overflow bag, and try again.

I saw someone else with a character name the same as mine? How is this possible?

Character names are not unique. You can not have 2 characters with the same name on your PSN account, but anyone else can use the same name as your characters. You will see a great many players named "Drizzt", "Legolas", "Artemis" and many variations of popular fantasy names. If you delete a character, feel free to name a new one with the same name as your old character.

I stopped getting rough Astral Diamonds when I invoke. What's wrong?

Invoking has received a little bit of a rework. Instead of getting rough Astral Diamonds when you invoke, you will now receive a bonus to the rough Astral Diamonds you get from other sources in the game. This bonus does stay with your character until it's used and stacks up to 100,000 rAD bonus (roughly 1 month worth of invoking). To obtain rough Astral Diamonds you must now run dungeons and/or salvage gear.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Reserved
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Reserved
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Reserved
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    demigodgamer#7121 demigodgamer Member Posts: 194 Arc User

• Options
    Now my next question is about the Astral Diamond Exchange? That is totally based on other players correct?
    To me it looked like I had to make an offer, and another player had to accept my offer? It's not like I can just exchange Astral Diamonds for Zen. Thanks:)

• Options

Now my next question is about the Astral Diamond Exchange? That is totally based on other players correct?

To me it looked like I had to make an offer, and another player had to accept my offer? It's not like I can just exchange Astral Diamonds for Zen. Thanks:)

Orders are placed in a queue and filled on a first come, first serve basis.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    > @kreatyve said:
    > How do you turn off different chat channels?
    >
    > Press the L1 + Down buttons to open the chat window. Then you press Triangle to access the menu. Using the left stick or the Dpad, go to "Configure Channel "Default/Social/whichever channel you want to configure" and press X. From that menu you can rename the channel, and hide or unhide whichever channels you wish. You can also change the chat colors from this same menu.
    >
    > How do I claim the Fashion pack or other various promo packs?
    >
    > Go to the Rewards Claims Agent in Protector's Enclave, directly across the way from Sgt. Knox, through the tunnel. With the Rewards Claims Agent store open, press the R2 button to navigate through the different tabs to see what you have available to you.
    >
    > Can you rebind the controller buttons?
    >
    > This is not currently an option.

Can you find the Claims Agent on your Map? Thanks.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    > @kreatyve said:
    > Now my next question is about the Astral Diamond Exchange? That is totally based on other players correct?
    >
    > To me it looked like I had to make an offer, and another player had to accept my offer? It's not like I can just exchange Astral Diamonds for Zen. Thanks:)
    >
    > Orders are placed in a queue and filled on a first come, first serve basis.

OK, that still doesn't answer my question, is this done through the players or the game? Who is responsible , for paying out the Zen? Does Arc Games pay out the Zen or do the player's. Could you please clear that part up. Thanks:)
    Post edited by demigodgamer#7121 on

• Options

> @kreatyve said:

> Now my next question is about the Astral Diamond Exchange? That is totally based on other players correct?

>

> To me it looked like I had to make an offer, and another player had to accept my offer? It's not like I can just exchange Astral Diamonds for Zen. Thanks:)

>

> Orders are placed in a queue and filled on a first come, first serve basis.

OK, that still doesn't answer my question, is this done through the players or the game? Who is responsible , for paying out the Zen? Does Arc Games pay out the Zen or do the player's. Could you please clear that part up. Thanks:)

The players themselves.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Can you find the Claims Agent on your Map? Thanks.

I think you can. Here's an image of exactly where to look though.

kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Thanks, for all your help:)

• Options
    mistressnanashimistressnanashi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Just hitting L1 + down doesn't let you type with a keyboard. You have to press Square to open the virtual keyboard then type. Really makes chatting slow and annoying.
  • Options

Just hitting L1 + down doesn't let you type with a keyboard. You have to press Square to open the virtual keyboard then type. Really makes chatting slow and annoying.

Good point. Thanks, I'll add that part in.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    is there a place with in , the game or game screen? I can see a controller layout.

• Options
    zarchaun41zarchaun41 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    How can this MMO not have chat font option,plus direct input with a KB?
  • Options

is there a place with in , the game or game screen? I can see a controller layout.

When you press the Touchpad button, it shows what each button does on the UI.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options

How can this MMO not have chat font option,plus direct input with a KB?

I believe the lack of direct input from the keyboard is a bug. As for the lack of chat font option, I don't really know. I'll try to get more definite answers tomorrow.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    tbrojbertbrojber Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any way to buy zen on Ps4 through ARC site via sms? Dont trust Sony with credit cards.
  • Options
    tbrojber said:

Any way to buy zen on Ps4 through ARC site via sms? Dont trust Sony with credit cards.

No, however you can pick up a PSN card at a lot of different stores, so you don't need a credit card. I can't tell you if there are any available in your area, but you can try checking around. I know if you live anywhere near a Walmart, they sell them.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    smokinjp#2719 smokinjp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    anything that'd make my stats go down? My str along with all other stats reset to what they were when i started.
  • Options

anything that'd make my stats go down? My str along with all other stats reset to what they were when i started.

Need more information.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options

why does the lore and loot notification tile have to be soooo large? with everything else going on at one time.. all you need is someone other than yourself collecting dungeon loot and your screen instantly becomes likw 20% smaller - not good at all. - small loot box in corner of screen will do exactly the same job

I don't have an official answer to that, however I would assume that the UI sizes is partially due to the fact that different people have different size TV's, and for one reason or another, the UI fails to compensate. That's just an assumption and in no means an official response.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    stw222stw222 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Im a level 20 and dont have any quests that i can do and cannot find anyone that will give me a quest but there is some people that have upcoming quests, what should i do?
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I want to reiterate this: Enchanted keys (the ones used to open lockboxes) are bound to account. This means that they cannot be traded outside your account to other players.

Please bear this in mind when a player is wanting to trade you an item for keys--it's NOT possible to do so, and CS will likely not return any items traded to another player for the promise of more keys. Do please protect yourself. Thanks!!
    Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    buso91#6064 buso91 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I won a paysafecard 10€ pin on the contest Neverwinter on ps4, but now i don't know how to redeem it, i received the mail with the 16 number pin, it sayd to redeem on Ps store but the code on ps4 have 12 size and if i choose on chart the payment/ add wallet with paysafecard and use the pin, didn't work and show that i can't use that pin on the store. How and where i have to redeem it?
  • Options

I won a paysafecard 10€ pin on the contest Neverwinter on ps4, but now i don't know how to redeem it, i received the mail with the 16 number pin, it sayd to redeem on Ps store but the code on ps4 have 12 size and if i choose on chart the payment/ add wallet with paysafecard and use the pin, didn't work and show that i can't use that pin on the store. How and where i have to redeem it?

There is currently an issue with the paysafe cards. I'm not exactly sure when that will be resolved, it's on PaySafe's end.
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.