test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Maze Engine Changes

Comments

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Hi everyone,

I have an update regarding the price changes. We've talked it over and we'll be changing the prices in a future patch to be the following:

Anything that previously cost 20,000 alliance supplies will now cost 4,000 alliance supplies.

Anything that previously cost 24,000 alliance supplies will now cost 5,000 alliance supplies.

Anything that previously cost 28,000 alliance supplies will now cost 6,000 alliance supplies.

We made such a dramatic change because of a shift of our internal thought based off of everyone's feedback. Previously, we were thinking people would focus on 1 set to get. We've shifted our thought now to people trying to get multiple sets to mix and match them for fun combinations. We also want you guys to be excited when we release a new armor set in the future, not dreading a long grind. These new prices should do all of that.

These changes are currently just internal, but there will be patch notes when they're released onto Preview.

commander ander sir any chance for those other weapon transmutes from formorian,castle never and fallen dragon to be added please? would be greatly appreciated. variety is always great give everyone something to love and use :smile:
    ^ This, the Fallen Dragon weapons looks soooo good in some cases, and on Xbox we never got a chance to get a lot of the older, (better looking) weapons to use as transmutes...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    metalldjt said:

can we please get this Armor back in game ?
    [Hardened Dragonscale Armor] , dropped from the old carrundax by beating the boss at the end, it was a Bound to character Armor for Greatweaponfighter.

The fact that it's invisible on you is a bug. It has an appearance on a female avatar. So bringing it back doesn't *really* accomplish what you want, if they brought it back functioning properly.

Edit: I wouldn't mind it back otherwise, along with all the other unique dungeon drops.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    etelgrin said:

@terramak @strumslinger

Generally speaking, class balance is going on, new tier dungeon is on the way, some new sets are going to be introduced with module 10, let me ask, IF we are going to get new icy artifact weapon/offhand set in this module? and most importantly from balancing point of view and for success of new tier dungeon balanced difficulty, what with bonding runestones? There's been threads showing how much imbalance it brings up to the game.

As far as I'm aware, the bonding stones are getting looked at again, especially with the crazy damage we know they can achieve.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

i need a invisible armor , why you must be a party popper ?

the elemental earth armor from the EE campaign is invisible on my CW
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

etelgrin said:

@terramak @strumslinger

Generally speaking, class balance is going on, new tier dungeon is on the way, some new sets are going to be introduced with module 10, let me ask, IF we are going to get new icy artifact weapon/offhand set in this module? and most importantly from balancing point of view and for success of new tier dungeon balanced difficulty, what with bonding runestones? There's been threads showing how much imbalance it brings up to the game.

As far as I'm aware, the bonding stones are getting looked at again, especially with the crazy damage we know they can achieve.
    Wasn't the power issue fixed with DCs? Do OPs cause issues too?
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Ghoulz, bondings are OP regardless of the fact that WoL got fixed
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind seeing a companion rework in general...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I wouldn't mind seeing a companion rework in general...

@ironzerg79 whilst I would like them to fix bondings and make content more challenging, they should also rework how rewarding content is in the process. Since doing easy content for little reward is 1 thing, but doing challenging content for no reward is not going to cut it.
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    +1 @thefabricant

Non trivial content is a great thing, however if the rewards for doing content remains trivial then the game will drive itself into the ground.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)

metalldjt said:

i need a invisible armor , why you must be a party popper ?

the elemental earth armor from the EE campaign is invisible on my CW
    That's irrelevant. "Invisible" armors are bugged for specific class+sex combos.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I really don't care about transmutes and appearance changes. All I want is the old armor sets back to the game, along with their bonuses. At least was really fun and enjoyable to farm each piece of armor through many dungeons.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Great news about new fashion!

But... can you remove old T1/T2 sets from the game? Ilienburen for SW, High Prophet for DC and Knights Captain for GF are broken!
    When lvl70 was introduced it was not a big deal, couse many players did not have enough HP pool to play with old sets, but now with all new capaigns and stronghold boons it's easy toachive decent HP pool with old sets. And those sets destroys pve.
    One SW dealing 60% of all damage during 30 plp dragon run, DC debufing bosses so much they die in seconds, same for GF. Old sets are broken and shold have been removed from the game. You might leave fashion/visuals for geeks.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    loboguild said:

Any chance we can detach the old daily from the transmute grind so that we only have to do one quest to get the campaign currency and Resonance Stone and not both the overworld and the lair one?​​

Agreed.

Feedback: please allow non-fashion daily to be current length
    I'm not interested in fashion stuff, but I do enjoy the current daily as a source of Seals of Prot (especially saving the chests to open on double Seals weekends). The current daily is the right length - I can do it on top of all my other dailies because it isn't too long. If it doubles, it's just too much effort and I won't do it at all. Please keep the current length for non-transmutes!,/font>

Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!

Feedback: please allow non-fashion daily to be current length
    I'm not interested in fashion stuff, but I do enjoy the current daily as a source of Seals of Prot (especially saving the chests to open on double Seals weekends). The current daily is the right length - I can do it on top of all my other dailies because it isn't too long. If it doubles, it's just too much effort and I won't do it at all. Please keep the current length for non-transmutes!

I don't see why players pursuing transmutes should be railroaded into a longer quest structure just for the sake of making things take longer. It's ok to introduce additional rewards just from doing stuff, and not artificially add more grind on top of exsiting grind. That's treating us like our time matters and like we might actually deserve to have nice things once in a while.

Additional to that:

Feedback: Ballad of Baphomet should also award at least one Tale of Adventure per week
    While most weekly quests are introduced early in their respective campaign to help accumulate the currency to do that campaign, and Ballad only unlocks when you're "done" with the Maze Engine, there is a repeatable task consuming Tales of Adventure. I think being able to run this task roughly once a month from doing the weekly isn't going to break anything, but would be a nice gesture.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited July 2016
    While we are about fashion. Please do add "Disable Visuals" option for Weapon and Armour Enchantments!
    It's nice you're working on new fashion, but it's wasted time if we cannot enjoy it, because we cannot see it! (except in preview window).

• varixo#7114 varixo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    izwor said:

While we are about fashion. Please do add "Disable Visuals" option for Weapon and Armour Enchantments!
    It's nice you're working on new fashion, but it's wasted time if we cannot enjoy it, because we cannot see it! (except in preview window).

+1 negation enchantment (and others enchantments) destroys the appearance of the character
  • commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone,

We've had some talks internally based off of everyone's feedback regarding the length of the new quest. Here are the next set of changes we'll be making:

1. We'll be changing the repeatable so it will give you one instance OR one of the overworld tasks, but not both. This will cut the quest time down noticeably to match what it is on live, with the exception of the overworld quest, which had the extra component added to them.

2. We will be slightly increasing the XP given by the daily quest, "Supporting the Factions". Together, "Supporting the Factions" and "Defending the Sword Coast" will give players the equivalent experience that completing the currently daily once per day on live gives you. "Defending the Sword Coast" will have its XP remain the same. Our reasoning for this is the Maze Engine campaign already gives pretty great experience from its directed quest and campaign completion tasks. Since "Defending the Sword Coast" can be repeated as many times as you want, we did not want its experience to outshine other sources from the 60-70 path.

3. Regarding "this fashion isn't here", etc., just to re-iterate, we're aware that we didn't catch all of the transmutes people wanted. I'll be making a list of everyone's feedback here regarding missing transmutes and talking to our production team to discuss when we can get time to put in transmutes. This won't happen for Module 10, given how close we are to release.

Thanks again for all of your feedback, the changes I mentioned in #1 and #2 will be coming Soon.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Finish your maze engines on any alts you want to get done, that would be my suggestion, I DONT mind transmutes being in the game, but why you tied them into this is beyond me. I dont really care about transmutes, I know others do, I just simply dont, I pick out things that I think maybe look nice, with just general game play and leave it at that.. there is ALWAYS a new module coming and your old transmutes could be out the window.. you going to grind these 2 times or 3? blah to it all. IF I opened up something specific and got to save it in account wide wardrobe.. that would be totally different. No offense cause I know some of you live for this stuff, but I dont , I just dont want it interfering with the campaign, just make them repeatable quests that are not tied into the campaign, that is my suggestion.

No one wants to do any longer quests then in necessary and we all have enough busy work thanks..

Vast reduction of power creep is ok, if it rewards us, I dont know if it does, I mean really to purchase anything good your talking several weeks to months grind as it is. We dont need to double down on power creep and then also never get anywhere in the game.

Im all for ticking down super buffs like WOL and ITF (in fact Ive suggested just removing WOL until its fixed for good with a hard cap of sorts)

Those items are stupid and shouldnt be in the game, a slight change to bondings may be in order, but if your just going with bondings by themsevles and remove all the buffs that is going on , they are of themselves far inferior to any and most buffs.

Beyond the broken nature of the lopped effects anyways.

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

1. We'll be changing the repeatable so it will give you one instance OR one of the overworld tasks, but not both. This will cut the quest time down noticeably to match what it is on live, with the exception of the overworld quest, which had the extra component added to them.

Thanks for bringing the ME quest time requirements back more in line with live, it is greatly appreciated
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    scathias said:

Thanks for bringing the ME quest time requirements back more in line with live, it is greatly appreciated
    Yes, thanks.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Great news, thanks!​​
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Seems like the mount storage option could be applied to fashions pretty easily and resolve a lot of the "1 time use' transmute issues for good.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    @panderus - will the quests be the same each day for multiple toons/accounts (as is currently on Live?)
    I will spam it, untill You, Dear DEVS, will see it:

Please do add "Disable Visuals" option for Weapon and Armour Enchantments!
    It's nice you're working on new fashion, but it's wasted time if we cannot enjoy it, because we cannot see it! (except in preview window). Armour enchantment visuals are covering all the fashion items.

Your work is wasted if you will not fix it. THX.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    izwor said:

I will spam it, untill You, Dear DEVS, will see it:

Please do add "Disable Visuals" option for Weapon and Armour Enchantments!
    It's nice you're working on new fashion, but it's wasted time if we cannot enjoy it, because we cannot see it! (except in preview window). Armour enchantment visuals are covering all the fashion items.

Your work is wasted if you will not fix it. THX.

Hey, i agree with that but only to your char client, i want to see everybody enchantments to know who has a SF or other kind of enchants. Your client only, good, everybody else's, bad.

• treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User

3. Regarding "this fashion isn't here", etc., just to re-iterate, we're aware that we didn't catch all of the transmutes people wanted. I'll be making a list of everyone's feedback here regarding missing transmutes and talking to our production team to discuss when we can get time to put in transmutes. This won't happen for Module 10, given how close we are to release.

That's not a negative thing some people just like to change appearance every few weeks that'll be like "New items again!!! Huhu!!" xD

• varixo#7114 varixo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Bug: Quest "Defending the Sword Coast" is bugged
    "Protect Heartleaf's Garden in Mount Hotenow"
    Tree in Mount Hotenow is inactive (inability to interact). Please fix it :)
  • kanmir44kanmir44 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    mroczpal said:

I have same problem. Please fix it asap :)

• zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Is this being release with Mod 10 or is it something currently only available on PC right now? I may have missed it in the original post. If so, I apologize.
  • commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    kanmir44 said:

mroczpal said:

I have same problem. Please fix it asap :)

The fix for this will be coming in one of our next Preview updates.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer