test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WoD weekly needs to be brought in line with other weeklies.

lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
The WoD weekly quest should be adjusted to be brought in line with the other weeklies in terms of time require to complete such quest.

I know, it's a weekly quest. But let's look at the others.

Sharandar...laughable to complete at 70, even with the level 64 cap. Ten minutes of work at most...and that's if you stop for skill nodes.

Dread Ring: Kill three Thayan Wizards, thank you, come again, I'm here all week. Takes...a couple minutes, tops.

Biggrin's Rest: Kill a zombie frost giant. IWD is murder central, but....still, doesn't take an inordinate amount of time.

Ballad of Baphomet: Kill a demon lord while you silently wish you could string up the bard. Five or ten minutes.

Now, we come to the WoD weekly.

Kill 25 Thayans. Not long.

Then, kill 25 cultists. If you're lucky, you can punch their tickets along with the Thayans.

However, there's the Great Wall of Time. Collect 15 coffers.

THIS is why I make the request I do. As we all know (or may not know), Dragon Hoard Coffers are timed drops--as in you cannot obtain more than one over a set period of time. If I recall correctly, this limit is upwards of a minute. Now, sure, you can buy the coffers off the AH, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the quest offering rAD for completion, no? At going prices you'll spend more than you make.

Thoughts?
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com

Comments

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    well, if you do a round of heralds you generally end up with enough coffers to donate for the weekly. Remember that those coffers are a pretty significant portion of getting tiamat to T4 for the weekend, if you took them out people would only be donating to get linu favors and i don't know how many people still do that.

The WoD weekly is very time intensive, but perhaps the rewards could be boosted instead
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Questing in the Well of Dragons needs a general overhaul. Dailies and weeklies in Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale and Mantol Derith give Refinement Points or Black Ice in addition to campaign tokens. Quests in the Well of Dragons only give campaign tokens, and those tokens aren't even useful for unlocking the 6th and 7th boons.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    scathias said:

well, if you do a round of heralds you generally end up with enough coffers to donate for the weekly. Remember that those coffers are a pretty significant portion of getting tiamat to T4 for the weekend, if you took them out people would only be donating to get linu favors and i don't know how many people still do that.

The WoD weekly is very time intensive, but perhaps the rewards could be boosted instead

I donate for linu favors only. I don't care about Tiamat. WoD weekly is not time intensive if one also does daily. Basically, for me, if I do daily, I have weekly done. I have no problem to do WoD weekly for 3 toons.

I guess the question goes back to why I do WoD daily. The answer is linu favors and SH donation.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    The weekly in ToD is indeed an auto-completion if you're doing the dailies regularly for whatever reason. But it's also true that the weekly itself is harder to complete than others.

Also agree with @two30 here about general imbalances. WoD needs another incentive to be run. I'd like to add IWD to the list, which offer by far the most annoying quests because of the size of the maps and the strength of the mobs. This makes Kessell keys and IWD vouchers substantially harder to acquire than their counterparts in other campaigns.​​
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    its better than elemental campagin...there is no weekly RAD lol
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I simply skip this one, its too time consuming. You can do almost all the rest in the same time frame as to do this one.

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I skip it on my lower alts and just sell the coffers.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User

I simply skip this one, its too time consuming. You can do almost all the rest in the same time frame as to do this one.

But this is precisely what I'm trying to say. What's the deal with one weekly taking as long to complete as the rest combined? If you're simply wanting to get the weeklies done in a tidy manner (and/or over several alts) then this one presents quite the speed bump.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • tranan25tranan25 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Do the PC community get it to T4? On Xbone we have yet to se it at T1-T2 since mod 6? Atleast I dont think we have but I might be wrong.
    tranan25 said:

Do the PC community get it to T4? On Xbone we have yet to se it at T1-T2 since mod 6? Atleast I dont think we have but I might be wrong.

Usually the PC hoard is t4 by sometime early in the week. Wednesday at the latest.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    None of the weekly tasks bother me much except Biggrin. That I can't solo.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Ever since I discovered the coffers for sale (relatively cheap) on the AH - I never worry about it. Buy what you need to score the boons you want.

But this is precisely what I'm trying to say. What's the deal with one weekly taking as long to complete as the rest combined? If you're simply wanting to get the weeklies done in a tidy manner (and/or over several alts) then this one presents quite the speed bump.

You've got a whole week to do it. It doesn't have to be done in 5 minutes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    I agree completely. Ive done that weekly exactly twice. First time my fault, second time my fault...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its a complete waste of time, even if you had a whole week.

Time is too valuable to be bottlenecked in that matter, you could make thousands of AD or contribute actual needed resources to further guild boons. you dont really need to do this to help out with the tod coffer portion. I simply do portal with 5 toons a week and donate those assets to the coffer.

By doing this quest and not just bringing another alt through something else, you could lose up to 20-30k AD or more.

Its called time management.

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    I tend to do it on my main, aside from the 4.5k ad it gives it also gives a nice chunk of campaign currency and when you are still grinding the 100 Arcane Lore for your last 2 Tiamat boons, it helps, the only other one I can think of that gives a good chunk of Arcane Lore is Defeat a Cult Dragon which is another weekly quest that gives 10 Arcane Lore. Once you have your 7 boons, you'll still need campaign currency for LoL and SoT keys and maybe the Dragon Queen Key for Tiamat, which the weekly is great for as it gives 9 fangs.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

Time is too valuable to be bottlenecked in that matter, you could make thousands of AD or contribute actual needed resources to further guild boons. you dont really need to do this to help out with the tod coffer portion. I simply do portal with 5 toons a week and donate those assets to the coffer.

By doing this quest and not just bringing another alt through something else, you could lose up to 20-30k AD or more.

Puh, I'm glad that I still play a game and do not regard this as a job...
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

Puh, I'm glad that I still play a game and do not regard this as a job...
    Silver is giving his view on the basis of how little time he has, which is understandable.

edited July 2016

Truth be told, I always wondered why WoD weekly forced you to play more than any of the other campaigns. I mean, the campaign has the most difficult lair in this game. Cult Prison. Perhaps the Alchemist for some classes. It should have either been one of those 2 lairs or kill 4 heralds. And I agree with @two30 saying the rewards should be brought back in line as well. A Favor or 2 would be nice. I don't think that's too much to ask considering how many of the blasted things we need for the boons.
    Of course I wouldn't object to lowering the boon cost either.

Not that it's extremely difficult. The daily demon HE quest alone gives you 4-6 coffers and I can do the trash killing part in the instances. It's just not conform standard.

Bah, I remember making a thread saying that the prison was a bit too hard and basically got told to L2P. Can't say I was wrong, though.

And yeah, either scale back the requirements or make the rewards worth the extra effort required. You get better rewards for finishing the DR weekly (which takes all of three to five minutes, depending on how fast you can kill Thayan Wizards) than you do for the WoD weekly.

And while we're at this...would it be too much to have the WoD dailies grant resonance stones the same way that Sharandar dailies give thaumaturgic stones and DR dailies give artifact stones?

Post edited by lewstelamon01 on
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

• mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Yes, the weekly is what gives us T4 Tiamat hoards. Mess with that and we will not even get 100 percent anymore. A dragon circuit or 2 give enough coffers for the weekly.

That is hilarious, right now the hoard is the highest I've seen on Xbox since EE update, and that's 9% of Tier 1, which will reset in a few hours...

I seem to have read somewhere that on PC it adjusts the hoard investment after actual server-population?

If so, someone needs to let Cryptic know that the actual amount of players on Xbox is probably a lot less than 20% of what it was at a year ago...
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    My suggestions:

Resonance stones from dailies
    Remove coffers as weekly requirement
    Make coffers a linu favor curency
    Make Tiamat tiers day based e.g. tier 1 on Mondays/Tuesdays tier 2 on Wednesday tier 3 .... max tier at weekends.

I am not happy with do not edit cause ppl will stop donating - as those people feel forved to.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I do think that Linu's Favor need to be made more accessible, especially if they plan to retain the current boon requirements. It does make me wonder how dependant the raid bonuses are on donations from the weekly, or if there are more via the Rewards for the Hoard quest.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Not that it's extremely difficult. The daily demon HE quest alone gives you 4-6 coffers per day.

Not sure how you manage such high coffer drop rates. I get 1 in 3 Demonic HEs...

I agree that the WoD weekly is ridiculous compared with the others available. I generally only do it on 1 toon - it's far too time consuming otherwise. What about changing the weekly to complete 1 of the lairs? Otherwise give us a guaranteed Linu's Favor for completing the weekly. It's already the hardest zone in the game, along with Icewind Dale. Why make us spend more time there than is necessary?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Bah, I remember making a thread saying that the prison was a bit too hard and basically got told to L2P. Can't say I was wrong, though.

I actually like the fact that some of the WoD lairs are more challenging. A lot more than they were on release at least. I wish more of the lairs were of similar difficulty.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    I don't understand the "have to do it NOW". You have a week. Dragon runs are good for coffers and there is usually one every hour. Killing the Cultists/Thayans can be done while doing other quests in the zone. TMS has a nice collection of captive Thayans to kill.
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Why does WOD have be aligned with the other weeklies? Shouldn't the other weeklies be made to be longer tasks? After all they are weeklies, they are something to work on through the week. Dailies are for doing within a 24 period. Weeklies should take longer. Though the rewards should be boosted if they change the requirements to compkete them.