test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alliances: Leaving and Kicking Guilds

kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
edited June 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
So, this is mostly just a PSA for anyone interested. I was playing around with a private alliance I've been working on with extra Cloaks guilds and some personal alt guilds (nothing formal, just an alliance of convenience for various level 1 alt/bank guilds). I was playing around with the kick and leave options and learned the following. Not making any statements here, just posting for those of you who haven't tested and who are afraid to click those buttons for fear of blowing your alliance up:

Kicking Guilds
You can only kick guilds directly under to you. That means, Helms may only kick Swords, and Swords can only kick their gauntlets. Kicking can be initiated by any Rank 7 in the "upper" guild. Once started, it places the guild on probation for 3 days after-which, presumably, the guild will be removed from the alliance. At any time, any Rank 7 in the kicking guild can click "save guild" and disable the kick process, which also removes the probation flag.

Note: Simply clicking the Kick from Alliance button will NOT instantly kick that guild. Clicking that button mearly initiates the process, which takes 3 days, and can be cancelled at any time during that time.

One other important note: If a guild has just joined the alliance and is still on probation, if you click and confirm to kick that guild, it will be kicked instantly. There is NOT timer in that case.

Leaving an Alliance
To leave an alliance, a Rank 7 in the leaving guild must click the Leave Alliance button. When this happens, the guild is placed on Probation and a vote to leave alliance is initiated. There is no time limit. ALL Rank 7 members must vote to leave the alliance before it actually happens. Repeat, ALL Rank 7 members. Once all Rank 7 members have voted (by clicking the Leave Alliance button), the guild instant leaves the alliance. If the guild has Gauntlets, it becomes a Helm of a new guild and the Gauntlets become Swords. If any one of the Rank 7s click the "Rejoin" button rather than the Leave Alliance button, the vote is cancelled and probation is lifted.

Note: Clicking "Leave Alliance" will not instantly remove your guild from an alliance UNLESS you are the only Rank 7 member. One other VERY IMPORTANT NOTE on this: It's by character not account - that means, if you have 5 alts in the guild all at rank 7, you will need to log into each alt and click Leave Alliance before this will take affect. Clicking Rejoin on any of them will instantly cancel the process regardless of how many Leave votes have been made. In other words, it must be unanimous.

One other important note: If a guild has just joined the alliance and is still on probation, if any Rank 7 selects to Leave the Alliance, your guild will instantly leave the alliance. There is NO VOTE in this case.

Anyway - there you go. Enjoy your newfound information. You can now stop being scared you might accidentally click one of those buttons and destroy your alliance. (unless you only have one character at Rank 7 in your guild.. then, maybe be a little afraid...)

On a personal note, while it could use some better explanations in the UI, the way Cryptic implemented this feature is quite good. I think they touched on all the risk points and did a fine job of making sure to avoid potential abuse and preventing accidentally implosions. Kudos on that Cryptic :)

Comments

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Thank you for the detailed info, with it you also solved the issues of atleast two topics regarding the leaving of an alliance and many more in the future.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    While you're at it.........once a Guild has been Kick'd or Left'd, can they instantly rejoin another Alliance, the same Alliance, or have a cooldown period?!? :*
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I was able to instantly rejoin. Mind you, it was the same overall alliance, but I took a Sword and moved it to Gauntlet. Then kicked / left the same gauntlet position several times and was able to get back in easily. I did not run into any cool downs on returning, but I did not try to change the overall alliance - that is to say, the same guild remained the Helm the whole time.

I did not test whether a guild with swords but no gauntlets could be invited as a sword and enter an alliance as a sword and it's guilds as gauntlets. Because inviting a guild already in an alliance is rejected - I'm assuming (I know, bad idea with Neverwinter, but nevertheless....) it will not work that way. I'd be happy to organize a test of anyone has an alliance with only swords.

Note, this is all on Live - it's too hard to get test guilds organized on Preview without scheduling time with people to create them.

@terramak Please consider waving the 5-person team requirement to create a guild on Preview and reducing it to 1 - this will allow us the ability to generate testing guilds rapidly so we can do this sort of thing on mimic where it belongs.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That's great info Kvet, can I ask a couple of questions?

How does it work on joining - is it the same order? i.e. a helm invites swords and the swords invite gauntlets without the helm having any control over which gauntlets join?

Also if a helm has swords but not gauntlets can they join another guild as a sword & their current swords become gauntlets?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The sword guild invites the gauntlets. If you are a gauntlet guild, your guild activity log actually shows that you joined an alliance with your sword, not your helm guild. If the helm guild dissents, then they could kick the unwanted gauntlet, but that scenario sounds to me like a doomed allegiance anyway since clearly not everyone would be on the same page.
    armadeonx said:

Also if a helm has swords but not gauntlets can they join another guild as a sword & their current swords become gauntlets?

If you are already in an alliance, you can't join another alliance. It's like already being in a guild.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Thanks for all the testing, @kvet. If you need me to, I have a couple extra character slots that I haven't been using, I could probably make a couple new characters and try to get a test guild set up. Was wanting to do that for storage purposes soon anyway. Will probably be this weekend before I have time though, still getting set up in the new apartment.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png

The sword guild invites the gauntlets. If you are a gauntlet guild, your guild activity log actually shows that you joined an alliance with your sword, not your helm guild. If the helm guild dissents, then they could kick the unwanted gauntlet, but that scenario sounds to me like a doomed allegiance anyway since clearly not everyone would be on the same page.

armadeonx said:

If you are already in an alliance, you can't join another alliance. It's like already being in a guild.
    Thanks, just to be clear on one of those points, the helm can kick a gauntlet directly - without asking the sword to do it?

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Actually - I don't think so. I believe a Helm may only kick Swords. That's my understanding - but I'll verify when I get in game next and post back what I find here (unless someone beats me to it).

K - sure, just send me the guild name and I'll send out an invite.
    Nope - as I thought, when a Helm guild tries to kick a Gauntlet guild:
    [Error] Alliance Error: You may only kick your own sub-guilds.

Thanks Kvet :smile: