test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Alliance Chat Not Appearing

jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
My guild is in an Alliance, but for some reason we have a guildie who can't see Alliance chat with the exception of when our own guildies post in it. Anyone else run into this issue and know of a way to fix it?
HR: Vretzen
GWF: Vretzina
OP: Vee
DC: Evee
CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Have they checked to make sure they don't have it turned off in their chat settings?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    Yup. He can chat there and see when guildies post, but can't see anyone from the other guilds. We've also tried having him clear his ignore list, left and re-invite to guild, uninstall and reinstall game/arc and nothing has fixed it. He's submitted a ticket, but something effecting just 1 person is unlikely to get resolved.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Afaik reinstalling the game wont reset the UI settings, so try esc->options->interface->reset to defaults at bottom left.
    And deleting the gameprefs.pref file in the Live\localdata dir
  • jazyjefjazyjef Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Afaik reinstalling the game wont reset the UI settings, so try esc->options->interface->reset to defaults at bottom left.
    And deleting the gameprefs.pref file in the Live\localdata dir

Yes this has been done, still same issue
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Sounds like some weird account issue. There seems to be a few of those going around lately. Like the other guy who keeps trying to mail account bound stuff to himself, and they keep going to one of his guild members. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Or a person in my alliance that only sees 4 DR boons - the UI and the boon selection screen both - like the grandmaster boon was just completely removed. I saw screenshots - it was weird.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Is your guildie who can't see the Alliance chat @jazyjef or do we now know of two people who have this problem? (He's been posting in the Alliances bug sticky.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User

Is your guildie who can't see the Alliance chat @jazyjef or do we now know of two people who have this problem? (He's been posting in the Alliances bug sticky.)

It is @jazyjef who can't see chat. From the last update they can post in alliance chat, see what they post in alliance chat and see what everyone in our guild posts in alliance chat. But when anyone from the other 12 guilds posts something it goes unseen. For them right now its essentially guild chat with another name, which doesn't help them in any way.

ribbs1 said:

I have at least one guildie that can see alliance chat but cannot use the channel.

@ribbs1 Have your guild leader check permissions that all ranks are allowed to use Guild chat. This is something that can be disabled, and disabling it prevents use of Alliance chat as well.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    Had the same problem several times now, but not only the ally chat, but sometimes the que group channel too. I had the feeling, that changing the instance fixed it. Just 2 hous ago i couldnt see the ally chat with my GF, when he was in the Protectors Enclave (and it also didnt appear in the chat settings). But after i entered CN the channel reappered.
  • kenthendkenthend Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same thing for me, I can see my guildies in alliance chat but no one else
    Update: I remembered a console command and put it in and it fixed the issue.

/whitelist_chat 0
    kenthend said:

/whitelist_chat 0

Important for @jazyjef to see this.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited June 2016
    going to send him an email in game as well

LOl well i would if that @handle was good ;) Hope he reads the forums
    kenthend said:

going to send him an email in game as well

LOl well i would if that @handle was good ;) Hope he reads the forums

Yes I do read the forums, thank you for the suggestion, I wonder though why my handle appears not to be Good? Connected?
    kenthend said:

/whitelist_chat 0

Issue fixed!! After a week of frustration, my wife and I are so happy,thank you so much. :) it's such a shame the actual makers of the games cust serv sucks so badly. Solved by the community thank you guys

If you're a newer player, your in-game handle may be followed by a #[random numbers] which the forum doesn't display.

Neverwinter Census 2017

Glad I was able to help ya. Hm maybe Cryptic will give me a job lol
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Maybe someone will send you zen :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!