test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Alliance Options

blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
Greetings,

In hopes the bugs are fixed soon and the alliance system works, for some of us there still are a few things "missing".
If you head over to: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/guild-recruitment-pc
You can see barely any alliance is named after the Helm guild.
Request: Please give us the option to name our Alliance.

The option to limit your visibility in-game is a nice feature used by many players ( "/hide" command).
Sadly, if you go to a chat channel even players that are invisible will show up online with their @handle.
The Alliance system now trivializes this further. Each member in the Alliances has full access to the entire roaster of all Alliance guilds and their Stronghold Structure information.
Request: Please let a guild dis- or enable their Roaster and/or Stronghold Info being displayed for the entire Alliance.

Do you want this too? Leave a comment below!
​​

Comments

• Options
    leusha0leusha0 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    i'd love to see this changes
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't really have an opinion on the roster but can see why folks would want it.

As for the Alliance names, yeah they should be custom, not automatic. The majority of participants are treating them as collaborative projects, not a case of ownership.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    1: Custom Alliance Names

2: Add Alliance option for Mail, similar to the Guild mail option, where anyone with Rank 7 in an alliance guild (or perhaps configurable somewhere) can send an alliance wide mailing - one per day per alliances as it is with guild mail.

3: Alliance Officer chat channel in addition to the Alliance channel

4: Bring contributions to a global UI rather than only at the coffer itself, similar to how STO's contribution system works.

• Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    You can see the complete list of alliances on this thread.
    adinosii said:

As you can see, very few of the alliances are named after their helm guild.

In most cases, the helm guilds of the alliances are just the organizers. We want the guilds in our alliances to still feel independent and not that they are being taken over by the helm guild. For example, my alliance right now in-game is named the "Essence of Aggression Alliance". When people hear about my alliance, I don't want them to just think about Essence of Aggression, I want them to think about Essence of Aggression, Nikostratos, Legende Obscure, Dark Legion of Peace, Strawberry Yakuza, Legio Invicta, Elders of Neverwinter, Papys Warriors, Quixaltic, and Saviours of Souls. These are individual guilds that have all been successful under their own name. We want to unite in an alliance, but we want to be known together as Vermilion, not as Essence of Aggression and the other guilds under it. That is not the case.

I'm sure most of the other alliances have similar thoughts. We didn't all organize these alliances with the separate names, awesome logos, and rules to make sure all guilds have equal recognition in the alliance just to not have those in the end.

But then again, we didn't organize all these alliances to not be able to invite guilds into them either.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    2: Add Alliance option for Mail, similar to the Guild mail option, where anyone with Rank 7 in an alliance guild (or perhaps configurable somewhere) can send an alliance wide mailing - one per day per alliances as it is with guild mail.

Would really like to see 2. aswell.
    Our Vermilion Alliance did a workaround for 3. by having a custom chat channel.​​
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

kvet wrote: »

Would really like to see 2. aswell.

Our Vermilion Alliance did a workaround for 3. by having a custom chat channel.​​

For 3, the problem is that we don't have access to the guildname tag which would be usefull
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Individual Alliance names would be awesome, and honestly should be part of the feature from the start... ;)

That being said, a big welcome to all the new Boozers out there!

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    captainfry420xcaptainfry420x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    I am shocked and appalled that I am not able to change the name of my Alliance.

Then again, given the quality (or lack thereof) of the rest of Neverwinter, I guess I shouldn't really be surprised.
  • Options
    kikisealekikiseale Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    we do not want to misrepresent the host guild by wearing their guild name, nor do we want our guild tag missing. there needs to be an alliance tag