test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maze engine promo box gone?

spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
Original announcement said we'd get a reminder before it goes. See here.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9948023-free-maze-engine-explorer-pack-for-xbox-one!

Guess I missed the memo. Was there a reminder of some sort? Could someone please point me to it?

Comments

• Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    As I read the comment that they will be going to reminder us I already thought "I bet this will reveal as another lie".
    You just cant trust their words.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited June 2016

He sent out a tweet on Twitter on the 3rd.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the link @kreatyve . I guess Twitter is the place to follow rather than the official news or this very forum. Meh... Not a good way to communicate. Just goes to teach me...take it while you can. Shame. I was saving up for another mount and was using the weekend event to generate AD. Fingers crossed for good discounts in two week's time.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I will pass that feedback along to @strumslinger.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    Meh, I expected a forum post as well... probably my own fault, to expect in the first place...
  • Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I thought most people who are somewhat active on this forum knew that most announcements are made on Twitter.
  • Options
    well, you said it, most people.. and not all of them
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I agree, who looks at twitter?I expect the official forum and news to have these things.
  • Options
    firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Well I mean, they are VERY active on Twitter. That is where most of their give-aways and general updates are posted. I'd say, join us in the 21st century and get a twitter lol
  • Options
    I have a Twitter account but, honestly, I don't keep track.

In the 21st century, you can't afford to communicate in a single channel. Moreover, if your business is a virtual game, I would expect important messages *in the game*. Why not post a message on the login screen or send an ingame mail? Why not put an announcement at the top of this forum? Just saying.
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I have Twitter only to get notifications about this game, lol!

But seriously, they should use an in-game message to let EVERYBODY know, like the banners you get when logging in to a toon. Not everybody uses Twitter, and not everybody visits this forum.
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Twitter is dumb. Well all social media is dumb. Branching out more to the player base while never actually listening to us unless it infringes upon their pockets.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yes the forum reaches far more players but I guess it's a lot 'easier' to do it on twitter via your phone.

One persons convenience should not out-weight reaching more of the community.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

In the 21st century, you can't afford to communicate in a single channel.

Using tweets as your main medium to reach your entire audience is utterly ridiculous and just shows a disconnect with your audience.

They have a forum with a "News" section for these things. Theres also an in game calendar that could easily have "Pack expires today. Get yours today." added to it. I mean most people probably don't use the calendar but it is the most accessible system for users.
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I seriously doubt the XB1 forum has more users than the Neverwinter Twitter channel has followers... Currently 65.8K.

Forget the forum (and Twitter). The right way to do it is in-game.
  • Options
    I agree but the real point is that they need to use multiple channels in this day and age. Having 65k twitter followers means nothing if its only 5% of their user base.
  • Options
    Rest assured that it's not 65k real users. There are bots and commercial entities, and what not.

The real lesson here should be for their marketing department. They should have pumped out reminders to get the coupons and use them before it's too late. Had they done that, I expect they would have seen some Zen purchases with real $$$. Their loss.
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    No, the box was free. So they would not have seen any cash incoming
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User

No, the box was free. So they would not have seen any cash incoming

He's referring to the fact that it included a 50% of mount coupon. Potential monies
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    They gave every character a free promotion box... said hey here is plenty of time to use it (I know I certainly did). It really is not their fault in the slightest if some people hoarded the pack thinking they were clever and now it has gone, as I said they gave you plenty of time to open it :)

Anyhoo I do agree how-ever that official stuff and reminders should be done on here and in-game... I personally never use Twitter so would never have known about a fair bit of stuff that has happened.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Clever? I was trying to get AD for a third mount. Some of us can't afford to play all day and it takes time. Lots. I might have bought some Zen to bridge the gap, but it's a moot point.
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

It really is not their fault in the slightest if some people hoarded the pack

You're absolutely right but it was definitely a horrible business decision to not push out reminders everywhere.

That's money Arc lost out on because people would have to buy zen to cover whatever they might be short on for a new mount.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Clever? I was trying to get AD for a third mount. Some of us can't afford to play all day and it takes time. Lots. I might have bought some Zen to bridge the gap, but it's a moot point.

Dude none of that unfortunately is relevant. As with most things in life this promotion had a limited time scale/span... I have been playing since around the 1st week the game came out on X1 (never played PC), I still have missed out on a whole load of promotions here and there. It is unfortunate but you just move on and see what is coming out next :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    dangitrex#7973 dangitrex Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    null
    Most everyone I know thinks twitter is dumb and just another spam for you to have blasting your phone while your driving or at work who needs to know when u are showering seems to be the only place people share everything they shouldn't so I never supported twitter and agree official forums should have latest news
  • Options
    kizashi#9825 kizashi Member Posts: 2 New User
    People that aren't willing to keep themselves informed makes posts like these!
  • Options
    gamertothebone#5220 gamertothebone Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I do not have a single thing to do with twitter

guess the money I spend in the game is not appreciated enough to pass info through the game home screen or forums

A few characters do not have the box :(

Starting to understand why people tell me I am a fool for the money I spend in the game

Why take these off the vendor at all???

edit - not sure why but this is really really bothering me...why remove it from the vendor at all....has me wanting to use my skills to call someone important at Arc and let them know exactly how I feel about solely using Twitter to spread info like this....horrible decision that completely ignores how some older generation gamers get their info
    Post edited by gamertothebone#5220 on
  • Options
    deiracheldeirachel Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I suggest to Strum and any potential Community Manager from any game reading this:

Prioritize announcements thusly:
    1st Official Website/Blog
    2nd Internal Game
    3rd Official Forums
    4th Social media/Wiki

Yes, it is easy to post something on Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Snapchat/Friendster/etc. But, you don't completely own/control those platforms. You do own/control the website, game, and forum. This means you should be making these your "official" communication channels. What you put on social media shouldn't be much more than a link to one of the official channels.
  • Options
    gamertothebone#5220 gamertothebone Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Well I mean, they are VERY active on Twitter. That is where most of their give-aways and general updates are posted. I'd say, join us in the 21st century and get a twitter lol

Most of the people my age...you know older people with jobs that allow them to spend money on games...do not use twitter

If the company wants to have good customer service to those who have the means and will to spend money in the game they want want to think about them when figuring out how to communicate to customers
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User

Most of the people my age...you know older people with jobs that allow them to spend money on games...do not use twitter

If the company wants to have good customer service to those who have the means and will to spend money in the game they want want to think about them when figuring out how to communicate to customers
    haha, I have a very active Twitter myself and I work for every dine I have. So Don't use the whole, well I am grown up and work so I can't possibly use twitter. get out of here with that.
  • Options
    pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    twitter is for teenie boppers though. I only have it for neverwinter updates
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.