test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring back Unstoppable bug

kd0g22kd0g22 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Anyone else GWF feel weaker now with the nerf on Temp HP given by unstoppable? I know mine does. 30% cap on the amount of temp HP you get is way too low, even in low level areas this still disappears quickly.
Before the criticism comes let me just say I'm not a scrub GWF who does not know how to play without a bubble or tank. I can and often do everything (apart from the obvious) on my own, including all campaign areas and the mini-dungeons. Obviously I make use of pally's and GF's in T1/2's but have run them without as well.

Yesterday I ran the Drake Pen solo in WoD, died killing the end boss. I ran a Prophecy of Madness (low DPS group, no tank. I finished with 40+mil damage dealt next best had less than 8mil) and spent most of the time with very low health. Just a couple of example's but never had problems surviving these before.

With the coming bubble pally nerf a lot of GWF's are going to have to learn how to stay out of the red, something I do understand already. However, it's not going to help when your still being killed just as quickly from the normal enemy attacks.

Personally as annoying as the Unstoppable bug was when it hit you, at least you were still able to survive and it never bugged out that much anyway. I'd rather have the bug back than this nerf.

Comments

• Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Or just fix the bug
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    GWF's were the only non-tank class able to easily solo hard areas with no serious danger to their health, without being very well equipped.

To quote Morpheus: Welcome to the desert of the real.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

GWF's were the only non-tank class able to easily solo hard areas with no serious danger to their health, without being very well equipped.

To quote Morpheus: Welcome to the desert of the real.

Untrue
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    However the class is defined (I main a GWF following Lazallias build now at 3900 i level). The presumption that a low level GWF is invulnerable to serious damage is wholly laughable. Even at my current level I can still get one shotted with full temp HP in certain areas If I dont pay attention (we have several New GWfs in the guild ranking up and they were dying with regularity before the nerf).
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I have a 2.2k GWF & he solo's most content in WoD & IWD far more easily than my CW & TR did at 2.6k.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    As a GWF, I have tanked a few times, if I have a good healing spec DC or Healadin with me. Otherwise, forget it. Mostly I'm just DPS. However, while the temporary hit points fix required some adjusting of my play style a little, once I got adjusted to it, I am fine again. Surviving every bit as much as I was before. By the way, the Unstoppable bug is not totally fixed yet. It still happens in longer fights.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    eractic#9186 eractic Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I have a 3,2k high crit Gwf and have noticed the difference, I've had to adapt my play style but being a high crit build I don't have the hit points to survive more than a few hits, the temp hit points made up for it and helped survivability but with just 30% temp hit points I don't see any benefit from it, its gone in few hits for me. I feel it should have been at least 50-60%, sure full temp hit points was way to much and made even my build tanky but 30% is just to low. We aren't a class that's meant to dash in and out of combat or stick to range, we're meant to be in the thick of it and at the moment that's just difficult to do.
    Guild : Straight Outta Neverwinter
    Main : Thorak (GWF) 4,1k
    Alts : Eractic (HR) 2,8k
    Ragner (CW) 2,7k
    Rico (DC) 2,6k
    Leo (TR) 2,4k
    Maus (GF) 2,7k
    Lucifer (Sw) 2,4k
    9 other scrub lvl 70s(mainly AD farmers and banks)
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    The change works even though it is just covering up the bug that can still happen btw... If you haven't noticed you taken a lot less damage to your actual Hp now as a gwf, sure I don't fully approve of the temp hp changes since it did say you could be buffed up to 200% of your Hp and well simply you can't unless you count wheels of element earth temp. Sure a gwf can still tank/speedrun the lower end things like T1's such as Valindra, but currently the 20-30k temp that unstoppable gives is a little low in the end game things don't you think?
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2016

I use Darks in my defense slots and am usually the last man standing in most situations where higher IL GWFs are dead around me.

That's right, life steal is key!

My GWF is 2.77k ilvl, with 2600 Life Steal (about 6.6%), and I can solo Cover of Night so long as I do not stay still for too long (cannot finish the HE cause I can't DPS enough to make it quick, but I do not get killed)... I like to do it every now and then just for fun and to get better at using my toon. I can usually see my health meter going almost empty and then going all the way back up in no time. It's all nuts to have like 7-8 devils, two wizards, and Rojadio hitting you incessantly. LOL! And I do not have a negation yet; using a greater elven for now.

Btw, kd0g22, what are your current stats and main companion config?

P.D.: Yes, that pesky unstoppable bug is still lingering.
  • Options
    Eh ill stick to my 2% Lifesteal I haven't needed anymore than that since it proc's nicely. Plus I rather have HAMSTER load of Def over 10% Lifesteal from the guilds boon.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Eh ill stick to my 2% Lifesteal I haven't needed anymore than that since it proc's nicely. Plus I rather have HAMSTER load of Def over 10% Lifesteal from the guilds boon.

Not all guilds have that boon (let alone at top level) and not everybody is in a guild.
  • Options
    Just saying I prefer def over LF :3
  • Options

Just saying I prefer def over LF :3

Oh yea, Def is very important for us GWF, but at least for me life steal is important as I can easily recover health in critical situations.
  • Options
    eractic#9186 eractic Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I tried life steal for around a month, all defence slots had rank 10's and didn't notice much life steal going on so switched back to Azure 10's. I run with the drowned weapon set and also have the mount bonus of scoring a crit heals me for 1300 hp, I crit close to 70% of the time and notice the difference but its not much
    Guild : Straight Outta Neverwinter
    Main : Thorak (GWF) 4,1k
    Alts : Eractic (HR) 2,8k
    Ragner (CW) 2,7k
    Rico (DC) 2,6k
    Leo (TR) 2,4k
    Maus (GF) 2,7k
    Lucifer (Sw) 2,4k
    9 other scrub lvl 70s(mainly AD farmers and banks)
  • Options
    missdayummissdayum Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I'm fine with what they did to GWFs, still hitting top spot in dungeons as long as they don't do more to them in near future.
    Best guild: Guardians of the Fallen (2019-2021)
    My past guilds: Guardians of Midgard/HazardousNation/SomewhatSerious/JesusHadSoulforged/ImperialLegion/LadiesofNeverwinter/OutKast
    My past alliances: LookGoodPlayGood/Eviscerate/JesusHadSoulforged/Ruthless/TheLegendaryOutlaws

GWF - 4,069 Gear Score (classic)
    Barbarian - 48,499 Total Item Level
    RIP Bonding Runestones since "combat/companion changes" update on February 5, 2021

Master of Svardborg (banner) trophy, unlocked January 4, 2020! (Playstation4) / Master of Svardborg (banner) achievement, unlocked August 9, 2017! (XboxOne) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) trophy, unlocked February 5, 2020! (Playstation4) / Dragon's Bane (Defeat 1000 Dragons) achievement, unlocked June 9, 2015! (XboxOne) / Portal Dodger achievement, unlocked July 16, 2017! (XboxOne)
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    missdayum said:

I'm fine with what they did to GWFs, still hitting top spot in dungeons as long as they don't do more to them in near future.

They haven't nerfed Lostmauth Set yet......
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    ddem0n888 said:

missdayum said:

They haven't nerfed Lostmauth Set yet......
    The nerf isn't out for 2 weeks or so.
  • Options
    sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Lostmauth pretty much affects all DPS though, not really HRs and SW (however they lose spark generation). GWFs will still be top damage for now until more class balancing details are announced. Honestly, don't be shocked if you guys get your damage toned down when it happens.

I find it hilarious some are complaining about this temp HP nerf. You deal the most damage and have the highest armor rating for a DPS class. Dodge some red every now and then, it's the least you can do.

I find it quite comical my DC who sports 50k health and low defense dies the least amount in dungeon runs. Especially when skills like BTS can reset threat and make everything attack me.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • Options
    Even though currently SW's can one-shot bosses I can still pass 4k's in damage. Thank you. :3
  • Options
    TRs? Lmao no they lack AoE they relied on Lostmauth and Smoke bomb to do AoE damage.

SWs are strong they still lost a ton of spark generation from Lostmauth nerf and I think there was a small hidden nerf in there that mainly affected them in PvP. Also Soulpuppet no longer crits so lower geared SWs will not be as strong as they used to be. When they beat a GWF it's not by far lol.

HRs have always been strong when played correctly and not most who play the HR maximize their efficiency with AotS. It takes a well played HR to beat a GWF. Well maybe 20% of HRs and that's being generous :)
    Alts:
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)

• Options
    Hopefully it fixes their one-shot, personally Ive always though it was the buggy lostmauth vengeance tick buff on every hit with sw. :p But, yeah as for TR's and HR's ive personally never have had an hr come close to my damage as for an Tr they were a maxed 4.2 something he was about 50 million below mine, but I don't think they can keep up with a gwf who knows how to do his rotation with the teams buffs.
  • Options
    HRs can keep up with GWFs if played right I've witnessed it in my guild. Also once this LM fix goes in good HRs may end up passing GWFs since they barely get much damage from LM Vengeance as it doesn't proc on roots.

But like I said it takes a HR that knows how to perfect his rotation, that knows when to throw in an At-Will every now and then to get the buffs from AotS. The many HRs named "Legolas" won't be out dpsing you very often lol.
    Alts:
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)

• Options
    lithevalkerianlithevalkerian Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I know people will say that it isn't the same because I'm a tank class, but pally loses all temp HP every time you go out of combat. ya just gotta learn to roll with it. Stack lots of recovery if your truly dependent on the temp Hp.