test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW:Eye of the Storm refreshes timer when attacking (100% crit/100% uptime)

deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
Like the subject says.
Control Wizards can now have 100% crit builds now.
Eye of the Storm @ rank 4 (100% crit for 5 seconds) doesn't turn off unless you stop attacking for more then 5 seconds.

It's very game-breaking. Maybe this should of been tested on preview first? It didn't see any mention of this on the live patch notes or the preview patch notes.

Comments

• phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Can't confirm this. It properly goes on cooldown for me.
  • arandompandaarandompanda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    The icon does disappear but your crit chance stays at 100% + your base.
    Slot Icy Terrain and Steal Time so you keep attack-pressure going.
    I tested this on the dummies in PE and could keep my crit chance at 180% for 4 solid minutes.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    yea definitely bugged using Icy Terrain BaM Iceknife and u have a new SE,
    will see if the devs notice or not..
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    I can't get this no matter what I slot or use. Crit chance gets down and I see that I'm getting regular hits after the buff goes off. There must be something else than just rank 4 EotS and attacking that triggers this then.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    ok, so I just checked this 3 times, I am not sure if it is proccing or not. Visually, I am seeing eots proc on screen when it is supposed to be on down time, however, it is not updating my character screen or putting a buff on my bar. I will test more later to figure out exactly what is going on.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    As far as I can tell, its a visual bug and nothing more, there are no issues with eots.
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    The eye of the storm icon will disappear, but if you check your crit chance, it will be 100%+ your base.
    So if you're crit is already 70%, it will be 170%.

I had my G/F test it with her control wizard, and she was able to keep crit up (EtoS) active for several minutes.

The other passive is chilling presence, that didn't seem to make a difference add/removing it.
    The skills are on tab, icy terrain, then steal time, and 2 single-target at-wills.

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I logged into my alt CW newbie to do some AD weeklies and it's still going on.
    I must admit, it makes doing the weeklies much easier getting 100% crit chance in all fights. hahaha.

I'm not really sure why others can't re-produce it.
    I was able to play as my girlfriend's CW and do it with that toon also.
    So it doesn't seem like anything special to reproduce.

Any suggested recording software (that's free) to show how to make your CW into a 100% crit beast?
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @deathbeez play.tv has a nice one with a reasonable quality, low file size and quick upload to their own site.
  • phas3r1phas3r1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I play with EOTS for a long time and that doesnt happen to me, you definately have something else going on then what is explained here. My calculated total crit average with EOTS is just over 60% and i can clearly see it while fighting and when looking at my combat logs so no problems here.