test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

when is the foundry getting back up?????

mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
Titel says it all. been over a month now, Im getting tired at looking on the same 25 quest over and over @zebular

Comments

• Options
    waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Right around a month and a half actually.
    It has been 9 days since the last news update, stating there were some "tenacious" issues with the republishing.
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I don't know what circumstances would create a tenacious situation, however, considering that in the past the republish process has never stalled this bad it's difficult to guess. I've also grown tired of screaming at brick walls, when, or if it comes back up, is beyond our control. At this rate, it'll just be back down again because of the next module release if they follow schedule. Is it sad and frustrating? Yes. Is the world going to end because of it? No.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    @iandarksword the end maybe not gonna end, but leets face it. the end game is not even that good anymore. like you cant farm dungeons for drop that you could sell like Before. so without foundery the game kinda suck now.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I understand your frustration, and many across the forums share it. I've read posts about how stale the end game grind has become. You also have to realize that the Foundry doesn't provide an incentive to bring people over to the user generated quests, there's nothing in the chest at the end that holds value in the game economy. Yes, they could certainly bolster the need for fresh ideas and zones with the Foundry, however, that takes time and the allocation of people to revamp the rewards system, neither of which they have currently, nor did they budget for at the onset of the year. This was all mentioned in a Reddit back in January, and the Foundry community, well most of it, jumped ship shortly thereafter. I think if the editor is back up before the Jubilee, we're lucky, because it's not even supposed to be on their radar with or without the current republish issue.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    they dont even needed to bring it down. it worked, just like Before. they are not gonna add any new feuater. so why even bother taking it down. Would be cool if people could make dungeons and send in to the devs. so the end game content will be better
  • Options
    They do have to take it down. With every mod release, the foundry comes down. It operates on a seperate server from the main core game, but they are still connected to each other. You can take down the foundry and it won't affect playing the main game, but you can't take down the main game without the foundry going down too. I forget the exact nature of how it works. It has been that way since launch 3 years ago. It is what it is.
    As more and more foundry quests were created, it took longer and longer to republish and get the foundry server back up. And the wait is longer and longer. At this rate, you have maybe a week or two before it is down again for the next mod/event.
    As for submitting foundries as end game content, or as a new PVP map, or as a new anything to be part of the core game, I'm not holding my breath. Been asking for that since launch.
    WIth no system to monetize foundry, or greater incentives for players to actually do foundry quests, foundry is firmly in the dev minds to not even take the back seat, but the trunk. Maybe even in the next car. Like iandarksword said, they are not updating anything this year.
    I wish I could be more positive. Many authors have left to go play and build elsewhere.
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    Back foundy and back daily quests for it !!
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    yay, reposting quests!
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    25 quests. Foundry still not available. Just admit it's not coming back.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Yeah, I was shocked to hear this was still an issue after taking a week and a half off. I believe we shall know for sure this Thursday. There were a bunch of issues with it that I can't really specify, but we believe we may have fixed them.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    @strumslinger very good, now i can finnaly complete the achivments i need for the master cape. so if its fixed this thursday, will it be online this week or next?
  • Options

Yeah, I was shocked to hear this was still an issue after taking a week and a half off. I believe we shall know for sure this Thursday. There were a bunch of issues with it that I can't really specify, but we believe we may have fixed them.

Welcome back from vacation!
    Thank you for the update. Hopefully things are ironed out. Looking forward to see how it goes.
    Question: The guild alliances announcement says it goes live first week of June. Are you able to say if it can go live as a patch update or will servers need be taken down? Just not looking forward to a lengthy republish again so soon if/when Foundry comes back up.
    Thanks.
  • Options
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    @mekols

in the latest patch notes terramak said they've located the foundry issue. now we cross our fingers. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options

@mekols

in the latest patch notes terramak said they've located the foundry issue. now we cross our fingers. ;D

What patch notes are these? The ones from today's patch make no mention of it.

@strumslinger Fix did not appear to happen today. Still only 25 quests.

• Options
    @torontodave yea what notes? i never saw anything about this in the latest. i really want the foundery to come back up man, im boored and playing the same 25 quest. @strumslinger
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    he said this

Also a note for the Foundry:
    We've got a fix on the backend that addresses the issue keeping us from republishing existing projects. We're going to get the republish running after this build is live, and once that's done, as long as we don't turn over a new, different issue during the republish process, we'll be able to turn the Foundry back on for editing. Thank you for your patience.

in this thread
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12823875
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    @torontodave whats does it mean, we need to wait for new module to get it up? or new patch?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ah, thanks for clarifying torontodave. Never look at the patch discussion threads. Forgot they existed. :)

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    FYI:

In the above-mentioned thread, @terramak updated the Foundry thing with this:
    Foundry issue fix uncovered another issue which, unfortunately, continues to block republish.
    I feel, in my heart of hearts, that by continuously applying band-aid fixes on the Foundry the past couple years, that all they've done is put into effect the potential for the whole thing to just crumble down. They really need to stop and take the Foundry issues seriously and FIX it.

Again, @eldarth had made is super simple with his very organized list of bugs: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/520388/current-verified-foundry-ugc-related-bugs

I'm hoping that things do get fixed (FIXED, not continuous spit and bailing wire), and that a good-faith effort is put into the Foundry to improve the authoring tools, and to make quests more rewarding for players.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    It's making me think that the Foundry must sit on a very different underlying code base, such that they're always running into code-synchronization issues.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    hustin1 said:

It's making me think that the Foundry must sit on a very different underlying code base, such that they're always running into code-synchronization issues.

Nah, if you've seen the leaked source code you'd know how unbelievably convoluted and atrocious it appears. The technical debt must be staggering. It's a 15 year old generic MMO codebase (cf. City of Heroes).

We've also provided as @instynctive mentioned positive identification and verification of hundreds of bugs (which cross over and are in the game as well as foundry). We've also shown them exactly how to completely fix foundry exploits. They've also been given many different ways of actually generating Zen sales using the foundry.

It would be difficult to believe that they are that blitheringly incompetent.

I can only come to the conclusion that they do not want the foundry uncrippled and profitable as that would rapidly point out to PWE that the foundry authors would easily produce far more challenging and worthwhile content than their own developers and that might cause them to reevaluate their need to "designers" and content creators.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    The whole "infinite content" is misleading...
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User

The whole "infinite content" is misleading...

For being one of the four major pillars of the sales pitch it's teetering on false advertising at this point.
    Then again, bait-and-switch is their normal marketing modus operandi.
  • Options
    now its been over 50 Days. wtf is wrong. hurry the fk up. sure i dont understand all that code thing, BUT 50+ DAYS REALLY?
  • Options
    Foundry down for 60 days as of today. Still 25 quests. After two Thursday patch updates. Three weeks until Alliances launch.
    Happy Anniversary. :/
    @strumslinger
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, I'm well aware it's still down and bug the devs pretty often on when it'll come back up. I think we're going to attempt another fix on Thursday?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger