test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary mount attacks working different now.

eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
I didn't see anything in the patch notes about this but now legendary mount attacks are working different. It use to be if you used the attack (cooldown timer starts), killed the mobs, once you went out of combat the cooldown would reset. This way on the next pack of mobs you could use the mount attack again. Now how it works is if you use the mount attack, the cooldown timer begins and even if you kill the npcs and go out of combat the cooldown timer is still going.

Was the original mechanic not how it was suppose to be? Or is this new mechanic the way it is suppose to be? Just wondering if it was a bug or not.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I expect the "new" mechanic to be WaI considering artifacts and normal skills work the same way. I'm no dev, but it seems logical enough to have everything work the same way.

There are cooldowns that specifically say they reset on exiting combat (Righteous DC capstone for example), but if it's not specified, then it makes sense that it works like everything else, and cools down when it cools down.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

There are cooldowns that specifically say they reset on exiting combat (Righteous DC capstone for example), but if it's not specified, then it makes sense that it works like everything else, and cools down when it cools down.

Healing potions don't specify that they have zero cooldown out of combat, and that any current cooldown is removed on exiting combat, but they do.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Healing potions also don't even tell you their in-combat cooldown, do they?

Actually, any potion at all triggers a universal potion cooldown if consumed in combat.

It's still not that reasonable to expect a mount power to act like a potion. It's more like an artifact or belt item.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    wai now imo.
    Potions are consumables btw.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @terramak - Can you please tell us if the new legendary mount combat powers are working as intended? There was nothing in the patch notes regarding the change.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Any word on this yet? Still working like this? (im on xbox)
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    No one has said anything, so like most things I'd assume the way the mount attacks are working now is how they are going to be.