test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What set are you going for, after lostmauth's "changes" ?

etelgrinetelgrin Member Posts: 1,611 Arc User
edited April 2016 in The Nine Hells
and why?

Pug Panther - PvP SW until module 16 Undermountain

Youtube Channel
Scourge Warlock Haven - Legacy Build Videos - PvP Content - Other Features.

R.I.P

What set are you going for, after lostmauth's "changes" ? 87 votes

Greater Plated Band of Constitution
2%
itblshyakusekai 2 votes
Greater Sash of Charisma
3%
btfdmidnightflaresreedgto250#8143 3 votes
I'll stick with Lostmauth set
10%
silence1xprettyceltxveganroxpauliusxasmachetemattultimalbaetelgrinlinaduinzheng#6107 9 votes
Black Ice set
36%
namrekcabellkazimstrssihrhaden42eej35t3r199doudouman44whyratlaindolevovarzekehubrisakhmettathlyndirenpatronazasiiashpyrosorcererschietindebuxgorduin75joseluisjgakheirawarravana 32 votes
New Orcus set
27%
syxooookolatmastertaitinhakkaajaangel3691skshadomahumjohnjohniiifernuugeroslodjugger71bawzdeepgeekoxxiiisellolk771bonnineclawdkrockkmdpixxyleexrawcarnageftrydawillson#2163 24 votes
Lathander's set
0%
Seldarine set
2%
jayc12obambahama#4204 2 votes
Valindra set
3%
mamalion1234mateo#1112noorian 3 votes
Imperial set
3%
aokigicutterslade#6868harted#4197 3 votes
Other
10%
andarkisxnoir7polaris1986treesclimberpuravidacrdnsnikitaodnoklikoviylislukedl#3189teppz 9 votes

Comments

• btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Greater Sash of Charisma
    Never used lolset, always had my Charisma belt and I will stick to it, just because I am too lazy and inactive in this game to buy and level up a whole new set including cloak and artifact... And still charisma belt isn't completely useless.

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I'll stick with Lostmauth set
    Stick with LoL, at least until Orcus set costs go down. With today's patch, it will be interesting to see how it affects that set's usefulness.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kunteper#0671 kunteper Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Black Ice set
    I think black ice for same stats(arp, power, crit) and +2 con and cha boost. Sounds good for sw's damage boost. But maybe better baphomet/orcus set. Will see after nerfs and bugs.

But my personal favorite black ice set now.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Other
    Black ice + vt neck + random mixed artifacts, the damage from BI set power is nearly useless so i just grabbed the belt that is the best and shuffled some artifacts to get the stats i wanted. I would go for orcus but €€€€€€€€.

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    New Orcus set
    Warlock Class + Demonic Set =

va8Ru.gif
  • miseryanklastmiseryanklast Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Not much of a change AFAIK, would still stick to it.
  • ixiliamixiliam Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Black Ice set
    Oh but I think you all should reconsider the black ice set, the immense bonus it gives to not only scourge warlocks but for all classes. What kind of SW would I be if I did not share its glory?

But seriously I do use it as it is the "correct" set and I am hoping they change it to something useful. As well I am not refining another set.
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    New Orcus set
    That's why I'm going with Orcus set. Set bonus effect works really great and combined with dread enchantment + high crit chance % it makes

https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Black Ice set
    ixiliam said:

Oh but I think you all should reconsider the black ice set, the immense bonus it gives to not only scourge warlocks but for all classes. What kind of SW would I be if I did not share its glory?

But seriously I do use it as it is the "correct" set and I am hoping they change it to something useful. As well I am not refining another set.

that´s awesome...
    problem about orcus is the costs
    I am not sure if I stick with lolset and just wait. Power, crit, arp is a good bonus for PVP and PVE, balck Ice set has the same bonus + con/char.
    Can´t say what orcus set will be like in PVP but I am sure the loss of arp is significant.
    I am pretty sure I won´t spend my rp on two set´s, black Ice would be a compromise for PVE and PVP
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    Black Ice set
    ixiliam said:

0% oh my god
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • midnightflaresmidnightflares Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Greater Sash of Charisma
    Either the Cha Sash, or I may trade in my golden belt for a BI belt, although if I do that, I will only be getting the belt.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I just did a test with my SW, I've changed to the black Ice set that is supposed to be the best this class considering the stats, AP gain to use TT and general stats for a DPSer and got this:

Basically the extra damage from the set did 6,8k of the 5m after doing Arcane reservoir and a few extra mobs. So 6,8/5000= 0,00136 or 0,1% of the damage. Then I made other copy and run the same Arcane reservoir but still using the Losthmauth set:

It got indeed extremly nerfed but still did 88,6/4500 = 0.0197 or 1,97% of my damage. Basically, even after nerf this set is better for a SW should than the one a Sw should use but not because the Losth set is too overpowered but because the other damage dealing sets are just extremly underpowered.

One of the most difficult to get set dealing just 0.1% hitting rarely just 137 damage is like you don't have a set bonus. Probably the best option is going to choose another set like Valindra or seldarine that have a set bonus with some use or ignore the set bonus completly, but you still can't pick the one that is supposed to be the rigth for your class because the same way that Losthmauth was extremly overpowered there are several that are extremly underpowered.

EDIT: this is ARC that I got on live server before the nerfs.

So it get indeed nerfed but to be honest it didn't make much of a difference for me. I will probably go for the Black Ice set just because the beholder looks cool. BTW my SW has 2.6 IL with this stats and set:

With 54,7% crit

Post edited by tomiotar on
  • shalaxsar#8473 shalaxsar Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Black Ice set
    please, do not forget, that 2Con also give some additional dmg as well as 2CHA
    overall it makes up to more then LM set, just as a total dmg boost instead of trigger effect

It would be much better however if the set triggered on crit instead of random and COULD crit therefore sometimes provide an additional spark

But that would make SW overpowered, like if it was some sort of permastealth of permaroot and Neverwinter is not such game :D
  • ixiliamixiliam Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Black Ice set

please, do not forget, that 2Con also give some additional dmg as well as 2CHA
    overall it makes up to more then LM set, just as a total dmg boost instead of trigger effect

The problem is that there are classes that get both the correct stats from the lostmauth set as well as its set bonus. Why do we have to have either or?

Instead of a boost to the BI set's damage or proc chance they need to completely change it to something else. I am not sure about the imperial set, but considering it is just like the BI set but with a 25% weapon damage and fire damage, that could be changed as well. Why do we need four damage sets? Orcus, lostmauth, BI, and imperial. I doubt they will be able to balance all these sets to where the best set is a matter of class and content.
    Black Ice set
    oh well, get used to being treated like some garbage players if you plan to stay SW :dizzy:

or join me in protest, http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1215344/sw-nerf-left-out-of-patch-notes-or-just-bug
    because I'm sick of this (and to be honest amazed by how much patience older SWs have, in no MMORPG ever have I seen such incredibly buggy class left unfixed for more than a few days)

AND BTW for PVP purposes Valindra might be better choice, but I already have the crown, so I'll get BI now and maybe switch to valindra later

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    New Orcus set
    Secret to our patience is.. Make a therapy character and play with it. Personally i really don't play much with sw, i just gear it and farm influence and try to do 1 dungeon run a day.
    We are still waiting for this "soon& first they gonna balance sw and op thing"
    Black Ice set
    well, the point of RPG is playing the character you enjoy, and I happen to enjoy warlocks with all their sinister stuff

if I am to be forced to play characters that I dont like I can just play another game instead of that.

right now I still try scourge warlock, if it becomes unplayable I will go to a warlock outside this game
  • sellolk771sellolk771 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    New Orcus set
    Swapped to Black Ice belt and neck atm - +2 con +2 cha and same stats of LOLset - but I'm planning to swap to Orcus. From a PVP perspective I believe it's the only valid choice for a set. You can think also about a different setup of Artifacts+BI Belt/Neck, but Orcus remains BIS imo also because every PVP SW have Deflection, and you will need MORE Deflect with the slowering of sparks building
    Scarecrow
    edited April 2016
    Black Ice set
    anyone tested BI set in PVE and PVP? what it´s like?
    lolset deals 1-1,5% of my damage atm using Act,
    talking about deflection in PVP? Why do you think deflection is all that counts?
    shadowclad was fixed I thought, so it only overperforms in case you have small ammounts of deflection imo
    negation is fix 30% DR , deflection was allways good , so getting 30+% on top of negation using offhand feat is a goal, but arp is needed also and BI= arp
    did´n´t play my warlock in PVP since mod 9 started, but I only could deal with some classes having some arp, some player talk about 170% RI and 200+ HP, that´s insane/silly anyway facing 2k toons in domination
    Black Ice set
    etelgrin said:

anyone tested BI set in PVE and PVP? what it´s like?
    lolset deals 1-1,5% of my damage atm using Act,
    talking about deflection in PVP? Why do you think deflection is all that counts?
    shadowclad was fixed I thought, so it only overperforms in case you have small ammounts of deflection imo
    negation is fix 30% DR , deflection was allways good , so getting 30+% on top of negation using offhand feat is a goal, but arp is needed also and BI= arp
    did´n´t play my warlock in PVP since mod 9 started, but I only could deal with some classes having some arp, some player talk about 170% RI and 200+ HP, that´s insane/silly anyway facing 2k toons in domination

Black Ice set does exactly as description says, it occasionally pops 150 damage, rather very rarely. Makes it the worst set in game, ever.

Another nice story is for Imperial set, when it procs, its hit is critical hit, build a spark but how does it trigger I don't know, what a pity I don't remember the trick from module 5 when someone find out how to make this set hit all the time, but then shortly after came lostmauth and it has been dropped. 2k hit when it happens.

Hadar Grasp still procs Lostmauths on every hit and in fact I had nice results in PvP actually even when the damage wasn't crit (12%-15% damage done in dom map). I will run further tests in PvP and who knows I may even stick to it. If not after all I counted, I will pick greater sash of charisma if my tests fail.

There is also last thing I want to try out since the nerf of lets call it "crit builds" it's a no crit full power build with feytouch as main enchant, because I have an owlbear cub companion and its really good imho, but I don't know if it will overperform crits.
    thx , so in short: Loset > BI-set in PVP
    talking about PVE, BI may be better? since 2 char and 2 con is 2% damage and crit
    read about that feytouched-owlbear-high power low crit build...hm can´t imagine it will outperform critbuild, btw there are rumors about crit severity may be pushed by some companions extremely
  • fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    New Orcus set
    Mod5 had Repentant Dragon Cultist :P Just to clarify

Edit: So, this is how Dread+Orcus+BoVA are working (Tiamat run). And that 1kk Essence Defiler... nice too :D

Post edited by fernuu on
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    edited April 2016
    Black Ice set
    no money for Orcus/dread , i don´t wont to fill cryptics pockets any more as long as they do not show anything more in future :(
    edited April 2016
    Black Ice set
    i tested DT+SS and third encounter BoVA/HG or WB on a dummy and it doesn´t make a big difference on a single target, but Bova is nice for mobgroups and it refills your sparks in a second spamming on your current TT-marked target, also works on single that way and seems to be a good sparkgenerator.
    I think Bova + dreadenchant is a nice combo, Bova+dread+orcusset (wich may be BIS atm) seems to be much better buffing that encounter.
    Both will burn too much AD in my case, atm i just stick with lolset since it´s the best compromise between PVE and PVP as far as I understood (altough i do not take part in PVP atm).
    what I metioned the post before, talking about critseverity, was misleading.
    I ment combatadvantage from companions seems not to be additive in some combinations but multiplicative !...as far as I can believe what my guildmate told me since he tested it.
  • miseryanklastmiseryanklast Member Posts: 10 Arc User

oh well, get used to being treated like some garbage players if you plan to stay SW :dizzy:

or join me in protest, http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1215344/sw-nerf-left-out-of-patch-notes-or-just-bug
    because I'm sick of this (and to be honest amazed by how much patience older SWs have, in no MMORPG ever have I seen such incredibly buggy class left unfixed for more than a few days)

AND BTW for PVP purposes Valindra might be better choice, but I already have the crown, so I'll get BI now and maybe switch to valindra later

They are going to fix OPs first, as if they were out first. <.< Warlock class in this game must be feeling like being a afro-american in 19th century.