test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What will you bubble types do after the nerfs?

warface1968#4898 warface1968 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2016 in The Citadel
What if anything will you change on your pally if the nerfs go as planned? Scrap, Healadin, weaker version of a guardian? Will groups still want a 6 second pally? I am interested because I personally am not sure what to do w mine now. Also feel like I wasted lots of time and resources making him perma. It is like I bought a 5 year warranty after working long hours on a car and now they tell me the car is no longer supported and no refunds.

Comments

• Options
    lakie16lakie16 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I play a pvp focused pally and can't wait for these nerfs it means pvp will now consist of killable groups and haste won't be such an annoyance. Most of the other things will mean that you won't get people just having a dc and pally node camp making it impossible to kill them. Also the fact it's only 6 secs is great it's more of a clutch skill or tactical one. Now all we need is some other balance to some of the op things and pvp will start to be more consistently fun. Feel free to pm me here if any1 wants talk about pally.
  • Options
    midentalmidental Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I want to try. Bobble time is not a great problem. 6 second is just a punishment. I think 10 seconds will be the right time, but with the correct rotation and right equip 6 second is not a big problem. Not easy but also not so impossible. I think that after changes will be sufficent 2 paladins in a party to do exactly what i do now lonely.
  • Options
    lakie16lakie16 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah that's right dude if they put it 2 10 that's certainly a more respectable duration in terms of pve but I'm wondering if with enough ap gain and snail you could almost run perma with that? Anyhow it will make pvp more balanced and that's a huge plus for any1 that plays. Far 2 many games we go in guild premade against others and theres haste pally camping node perma bubble with 3 dps roaming from point to point. Makes game so boring.
  • Options
    bloodr3dxvisionbloodr3dxvision Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I agree I put all my effort and now he will be useless

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    99% of haste DC's will respec so don't expect it at all - AP generation will be entirely down to the individual.

I expect most OP's will respec to healadin just as most DC's will respec to de/buffer. I'm tempted to hold off on using that respec token & see how it goes - don't forget most GF's also run as buffer instead of damage absorber / aggro puller.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I will remain as perma as I can be, no changes other than being very narrow minded about AP gain and recovery. I don't think there will be much downtime for my bubble.
  • Options
    rinn65x#9502 rinn65x Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I spent a lot of time and effort on my Pally and they killed him 6 seconds sucks
  • Options
    nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Yes and apparently on PC protection spec is almost completely dead, I respecd to healadin and so far I am liking it, you can still tank and do respectable dps while spamming tasty heals, while tanking high stamina and sanctuary is a must especially vs orcus. Very different play style but so far I'm liking it. Sometimes change is a good thing. The bubble was holding this game back and I was just plain bored carrying pugs thru dungeons and 30 min ELOLS! Pallys should never be top dps in any dungeon.....
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Ran CN with a bubble, GF, DC, my SW and a HR. We got through it in a bout 13-14mins, no one died, no problems at all. Sure the bubble was not constant like it was before, but with the GF there he would take the brunt of the damage while the bubble was down, then we get bubble again so the GF gets a break. Perfect combo I would say. I think people are really underestimating the value of a bubble pally now that it was nerfed....but I know better.
  • Options
    rinn65x#9502 rinn65x Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    So anyone have any good ideas on how to set a pally now i thinking about putting my recovery points in the deflection and defense what do you think
    Post edited by rinn65x#9502 on
  • Options
    hrunting1#2425 hrunting1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I myself haven't changed anything, some have went the route of deflection. I went the route of a in between build, I got a little bit of deflect from gear only and defense as well. Guild boons work well to build your toon as well. I really haven't felt the nerf to bad. I still tank pretty well.

Toon name: John shield heart
    ILVL: 2826 and growing
    Post edited by hrunting1#2425 on