test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sharpedge's List of useful links

thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
edited March 2016 in PvE Discussion
Sharpedge's List of useful Links

This is my list of useful links for neverwinter. Originally I planned to just keep everything I published in my CW guide, but some of the information can be used by all classes and as a result, I decided I would publish separate documents for those people who do not play CW, who are looking for particular pieces of information. Not all of the content on this list is published by me, when it is something published by someone else I will specify who published it. Also, bear in mind for information to make it onto this list it only has to meet the criteria that it is useful IN MY OPINION. That means that you should take this list with a grain of salt. In addition, some of these spreadsheets were tailored for my use which may make them difficult for other people to make use of. Furthermore, I do not pvp so nothing on this list will be useful for pvp players. Finally, some of the information on these links is work in progress and the most up to date information will always be found in my CW guide.

Things covered in these links include weapon enchantments, insignia bonuses, guides I recommend for specific classes and general stat theory. Much of this will be familiar to those who have read my CW guide. I hope this helps you in in 1 way or another to progress your character as far as possible in NWO :)

Comments

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Just want to say kudos for the list bro, and I've shared it with my Guild! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Can you tell me what is "infantile compensation" in dps charts of enchants? Does protector camaraderie and friendship stack with each other? I have wanderers fortune and bonus seems wrong, it states "wanderers fortune" on screen when you get a refinement stone but you dont always get it, on the other hand the proc seems way above 4%, ill try this latter.

• Options
    edited March 2016

Can you tell me what is "infantile compensation" in dps charts of enchants? Does protector camaraderie and friendship stack with each other? I have wanderers fortune and bonus seems wrong, it states "wanderers fortune" on screen when you get a refinement stone but you dont always get it, on the other hand the proc seems way above 4%, ill try this latter.

Infantile compensation is the owlbear cub. I am busy atm so I can't give you precise info about other stuff, but I will give you info on the other stuff later.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Infantile compensation is the owlbear cub. I am busy atm so I can't give you precise info about other stuff, but I will give you info on the other stuff later.
    wooaaah my opinion about the cub was: "ill just get crit enough the cub will be useless" this proves i was so wrong. Well have to stick with the plan the cub sells for crazy amount, people with big money could pull some millions out of this with mod change resale.

• Options
    milkyguymilkyguy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hello Sharpedge. May I ask if you by any chance remember exactly every kind of buffs/debuffs, and how are they calculated? I read Kaelac's Guide to damage, tenacity, resistance and debuffs in Neverwinter sometimes before, however the original link is kinda dead now and I can't find anywhere else but here as the closest one in term of formula.
    The reason I ask because there's an upcoming patch that's going to fix the debuff of dread enchantment. How is it going to effect the damage calculation? Is it going to stack with other debuffs additionally or multiplicatively, or anything else?
    I would like to see a guide similar to kaelac's as well, it's gonna be useful if you decide to make one and add to your list of useful links.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    milkyguy said:

Hello Sharpedge. May I ask if you by any chance remember exactly every kind of buffs/debuffs, and how are they calculated? I read Kaelac's Guide to damage, tenacity, resistance and debuffs in Neverwinter sometimes before, however the original link is kinda dead now and I can't find anywhere else but here as the closest one in term of formula.
    The reason I ask because there's an upcoming patch that's going to fix the debuff of dread enchantment. How is it going to effect the damage calculation? Is it going to stack with other debuffs additionally or multiplicatively, or anything else?
    I would like to see a guide similar to kaelac's as well, it's gonna be useful if you decide to make one and add to your list of useful links.

Here is kaelac's guide, I am definitely considering redoing all of this myself, rechecking all the formulae etc, but its a lot of work and I cannot promise you will see it any time soon :) It may occur sooner if there were people willing to help me check some of it, @micky1p00, you interested?
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

milkyguy said:

Here is kaelac's guide, I am definitely considering redoing all of this myself, rechecking all the formulae etc, but its a lot of work and I cannot promise you will see it any time soon :) It may occur sooner if there were people willing to help me check some of it, @micky1p00, you interested?
    Interestingly I didn't get a notification.
    I'll think about it, but, well, my middle name IS "lazytaxes", and the lazy part comes first.
    (Not much time for this stuff)
  • Options
    Updated this with some links to different guides, as well as some other stuff.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Hey Fab, you need to add Cavalry's Warning to your Mount Bonus list.
  • Options
    niadan said:

Hey Fab, you need to add Cavalry's Warning to your Mount Bonus list.

No, because I haven't tested it, because I cannot afford a legendary mount and I won't include second hand info.