test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trickster Rogue Pack?

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited March 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I noticed, under "Packs" in the Zen Store, that there is now a "Trickster Rogue Booster Pack". Has anyone picked this up, (and if so, how is it)? Is the companion any good? What is its active bonus? Does the gear look cool?

Thanks!
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums

Comments

• Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Yeah i would like to know about that pack too. Hopefully some1 posts it here.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Well, that's pretty random O_o
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Greenscale Bowman: 10% chance on using an at-will power to restore 6% of Max Stamina.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I got a 15% off coupon and picked this up. two30 is correct in what the companion's active ability is. The headwear is a fairly simple "zorro mask", and the neck piece is a very basic black/dark grey cape. What stood out are the weapons - the main-hand is a long, thin, curved sword, and the off-hand is a wider, almost scimitar-like blade. It also has a single-claim 24-slot bag and another item, (I can't remember if it is an XP booster, retraining token, or something else).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    So just as an update, after I got home and checked out the pieces on my main computer, I was able to see that the mask has some feathery details on its upper edge, and the cape has a sort of fur mantle/collar, (though it gets clipped over by most chest armor pieces that have a big collar themselves).
  • Options
    Ty for info, screenshots would be nice :p
  • Options
    dameon2kdameon2k Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I picked this up as well but it contains a bug, at least as far as I can tell. The Trickster's Parrying Blade's damage reads 0-0 much like the Ring of the Dragonslayer did after one of the other new mods. :(

The pack contains a Geenscale Bowman companion, Trickster's Flurry Dagger, Trickster's Dagger, Trickster's Deceptive Guise, Trickster's Shadow Cloak, the title "Master of Shadows", 1 Greater Bag of Holding and 1 Adventure's Helper Pack.

They are also going to release packs for the other original characters that do not have boosters as of yet...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    blur#5900 said:

Ty for info, screenshots would be nice :p

Here ya go:

photo hal rogue pack 1.jpg

photo hal rogue pack 2.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks, i like the headwear and the cape, they look like those Drizzt has, even the weapons are similar:
    http://www.jasoncharlesmiller.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Drizzt-DoUrden.jpg
  • Options
    dameon2kdameon2k Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    To the person with the screenshots, Did your weapon have damage of 0-0 as well? I'm trying to figure out if the bug was caused by another pack being present in my bag or if this is a bug with the TRP itself....
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The cloak is just a recolour of the one they designed for Drizzt, which you can earn a transmute version of by playing the Maze Engine campaign.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User

The cloak is just a recolour of the one they designed for Drizzt, which you can earn a transmute version of by playing the Maze Engine campaign.

Where exactly do u get it? I dont see it as one of the rewards.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options

Where exactly do u get it? I dont see it as one of the rewards.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9847103-developer-blog:-treasures-of-the-maze-engine

At a guess, Drizzt gives it to you when you finish the campaign. Which it is not possible to have done (live) yet.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    The swords are pretty cool but I've never liked curved swords for my TR, most of the attacks use stabbing animations, using a curved sword for stabbing isn't ideal, lots of issues there.

(Yes I know I'm a pedant. My TR never has puffy sleeves either, can you imagine reaching in to disable a trap with a puffy sleeve? You'd be lucky not to have your clothing trigger the trap and rip your arm off! It's the same reason I hate pointy shoes, especially with up turned points.)

I like the idea of different length weapons, just not curved ones.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

The swords are pretty cool but I've never liked curved swords for my TR, most of the attacks use stabbing animations, using a curved sword for stabbing isn't ideal, lots of issues there.

(Yes I know I'm a pedant. My TR never has puffy sleeves either, can you imagine reaching in to disable a trap with a puffy sleeve? You'd be lucky not to have your clothing trigger the trap and rip your arm off! It's the same reason I hate pointy shoes, especially with up turned points.)

Can always hurl rapiers at doods.
  • Options

My primary TR has a short sword in his main hand and a small light dagger in the off hand. The dagger is the item used in knife-throwing animations. This was all very carefully planned out, believe me.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    is it still class bound to TRs? all the other transmutes from packs are not class bound, so they should fix it to match the other ones or I wont be buying it or any of the new ones they plan to release.
  • Options

is it still class bound to TRs? all the other transmutes from packs are not class bound, so they should fix it to match the other ones or I wont be buying it or any of the new ones they plan to release.

Terramak wrote it up for being inconsistent with previous class packs. I assume it's not fixed yet though.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Yeah, I checked post-patch. The mask and cloak still have the class requirement.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.